Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:41 am

They do sell by the bottle and you can have the poison poured at whatever restaurant you're at.

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I doubt they lose money on anything.
You can bet on that.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I could be wrong, but I don't think they sell by the bottle (apart from wine of course). Similar to most places in the world. Those that DO are the exception!
They actually do, just like nearly EVERY place in the world. In fact, never mind.............. Every property has a price. In compare with the Park Hyatt Maldives, the Conrad is more spendy from what I can find online.
Anyone with real world info to add with this property? I found this link online, though it is from 2013 and an update would be nice.
https://conradhotels3.hilton.com/res...u_Jun_2013.pdf
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:25 am

Why don't you email the resort and ask for a price list.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
That is new. But I don't think I ever had more than one of anything, and I wouldn't want too much food before happy hour and dinner.
Originally Posted by jphripjah
It's new. It may be temporary. When I was there last month afternoon tea and happy hour were at Vilu for the first few days. The afternoon tea was buffet style, you could choose whatever sandwiches/pastries you wanted and get second helpings. Then Vilu closed for renovations and they moved it to Rangali Bar and it was plated. Maybe if it returns to Vilu it will go back to buffet style.
Yes. To be more specific I was comparing with Jermyn's stellar report on his blog. The only difference for tea is no seconds but offerings are largely similar.
Sadly, the happy hour (which now overlaps - they bring all 3 plates at once (tea x 2 and 1 for HH) if you arrive at 4:30pm) snacks offerings looks like a shadow of its past.
Breakfast at Atoll Market is very underwhelming and nothing like Jermyn's report as well. Mandhoo breakfast, while with a nice ambience, also looks to be just a shadow of how good it once used to be at Vilu.

Originally Posted by captainamerica
Back in January the afternoon tea was buffet style.

Did you stay in the renovated DBV? How was it?
Our DBV was not yet renovated (233) but I loved it every bit, although all the sinks were leaking. Had a look at the pictures of the new DBV design, don't feel like I will appreciate much difference except the (missing) door between the half-open vanity area and the outdoor shower.

Originally Posted by goofygoofygooberyeah
I was quoted a price of $590 for the seaplane transfer. I saw some $560 prices as the most recent ones which also matches the Wiki. Are they trying to pull one over on me or did prices change?
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
It was $560 half a year ago. Could be a typo, or could be an increase. When are you going?

Also - FWIW, I understand the resort doesn't pass the entire cost on to the guest, and they lose money on these transfers
We paid $590 so can confirm it's the new price.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
BTW, where did you hear that the resort loses money and do you have any specifics?
I can't remember. I thought it was on this forum. I may have misinterpreted a post.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:30 pm

If it was in this thread it would be pre-2010 I think.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Since the water debate is quite heated here, I can report that there is now a cheaper option of Acqua Panna 50cl for US$7++. (which is, ironically, readily available for free at HKG CX F lounges which we hauled our supply for the trip.)

However, all restaurant staff (everywhere!) are very insistent that you order water and prohibit any other outside beverages ie even if you wanted to bring your own water.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
However, all restaurant staff (everywhere!) are very insistent that you order water and prohibit any other outside beverages ie even if you wanted to bring your own water.
You ought to attend the manager's reception and ask for a glass of tap.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
I'm looking to go to the Conrad in mid-March and it appears the water villas are already sold out. I was planning on booking in early January once some points hit, but am concerned the beach villas will be sold out as well by then. Is it possible to book a few nights now and then have them add to the reservation later?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by interactfx
I'm looking to go to the Conrad in mid-March and it appears the water villas are already sold out. I was planning on booking in early January once some points hit, but am concerned the beach villas will be sold out as well by then. Is it possible to book a few nights now and then have them add to the reservation later?
Many people make multiple reservations and then contact the resort to link them together.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I would bet an arm and a leg that we would not be treated in such a manner.....and I bet it would be the same for other repeaters.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:55 am

Can anyone elaborate on the key differences between the superior and deluxe water villas? They appear almost identical on the published floor plan other than bath placement, so struggling to understand the large upsell between the two. Any major differentiators other than the increased privacy from the DWVs being spaced further apart?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:03 pm

This has been asked a few times. You might want to try a search and you'll find all the answers.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by interactfx
Are the water villas totally sold out in March for any cash bookings or just not available for points bookings? I noticed a few weeks ago that there were no 95,000 point "standard room" water villas available from January through March but then there was wide open availability for them at 95,000 points again later in the year.

I don't know if this is a sell out of all water villas that have been made available for points from Jan-March, or if the property just blocks the "water villas for 95,000 points" deal during high season.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Are the water villas totally sold out in March for any cash bookings or just not available for points bookings? I noticed a few weeks ago that there were no 95,000 point "standard room" water villas available from January through March but then there was wide open availability for them at 95,000 points again later in the year.

I don't know if this is a sell out of all water villas that have been made available for points from Jan-March, or if the property just blocks the "water villas for 95,000 points" deal during high season.
I booked the water villas during Christmas about 2-3 weeks ago so I don't think they are blocking those redemptions because of the high season. I regularly looked every few days until I saw availability so you might need to be patient especially since you're rather late

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.