Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
I don't think there's a thing wrong with the space, for what it is. The soft product is where this lounge fails.
MLE is an unusual market in that the seaplanes stop flying at dusk, so the lounge gets crowded in the evening as inflow temporarily exceeds outflow.
The hard product is IMO average for a shared lounge by world standards, and the staff rather friendlier than many.
The food on offer is indeed abysmal, and should be skipped as it will be the low point of a Maldives trip.

The point was that if another third party lounge opened, carriers with any pride in their product would opt for the better one, forcing the other one to up its game as its revenue would plummet.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by monahos
The point was that if another third party lounge opened, carriers with any pride in their product would opt for the better one, forcing the other one to up its game as its revenue would plummet.
As long as Saudi Wahhabism reigns, they won't be able to offer what other world-class lounges offer.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:01 pm
CDO
Suspended

We are on our way there now but nobody got in touch with us to arrange seaplane transfers. We land on Tuesday so there is time but we did change our rezy from October to next week on fairly short notice (this week) and our reservation is valid according to the app and email confirmation. We did get an email confirm but just read on the wiki they dont accept bookings within two weeks but they confirmed our booking via email. I just emailed them using the addresses provided in the wiki. Any suggestions?

Last edited by CDO; Sep 1, 2018 at 11:29 pm
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Did you send them your flight details to/from Male and passport info? If so, Conrad arranges the seaplane transfers and their staff takes you to the seaplane check in when you arrive at Male, they don't send you any other info about the seaplane in advance.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:48 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Did you send them your flight details to/from Male and passport info? If so, Conrad arranges the seaplane transfers and their staff takes you to the seaplane check in when you arrive at Male, they don't send you any other info about the seaplane in advance.
No but they just responded saying its all good. So last minute bookings are doable despite what the wiki says.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by CDO
We did get an email confirm but just read on the wiki they dont accept bookings within two weeks but they confirmed our booking via email. I just emailed them using the addresses provided in the wiki. Any suggestions?
You probably read the wiki too quickly. The wiki section you are talking about is regarding excursions, spa and restaurant bookings.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: HHonors, Delta, SPG
Hello,

We are coming from another nearby resort to the Conrad who can arrange for our transportation. Does the Conrad have a hard rule that you have to fly in on their seaplane or boat or will they accept you coming from another nearby resort? Also, anyone have experience booking a one way sea plane transfer? Is it just half the cost of the round trip?

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:08 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Ptwin208
Hello,

We are coming from another nearby resort to the Conrad who can arrange for our transportation. Does the Conrad have a hard rule that you have to fly in on their seaplane or boat or will they accept you coming from another nearby resort? Also, anyone have experience booking a one way sea plane transfer? Is it just half the cost of the round trip?

Thanks

No hard rule that you must take the seaplane. I believe all fares are priced as One Ways.
There was a poster here about a month or two ago who was coming from a nearby island (doing a dive trip IIRC). Anyway there was a lot of discussion here around the logistics of doing this. Suggest you have a search back to see if you can find it
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Ptwin208
Hello,

Thanks
We regularly transfer to Conrad from another nearby island (Mirihi) as well as go the other way some years (that’s in the context of spending nights on those resorts, however I’m also aware firsthand that guests often travel between the islands, eg some come over to Conrad for Ithaa, and some go the other way for the house reef on Mirihi). Conrad is perfectly happy to either help you with the transfer or to just be told roughly when you plan to arrive and what your own arrangements are. My personal experience is that Conrad run transfers are more expensive (noticeably so) but naturally are a bit more luxury. On the seaplanes - yes, the fare is precisely half the normal price for one-way - and I’m guessing that simply because they normal fare is probably always booked as 2 one-ways anyway.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:19 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by j.cerda
Just booked a 5 day award in Water Villa for 2019 and negotiated an upgrade to Water Retreat Villa for all 5 days.
I am adding 2 more nights to this trip using 95,000 points plus a free weekend night certificate.

how You negotiated this upgrade?

Im staying 11 nights on February 5 beach villa 6 water villa
10 awards and be my guest certificate.....for giving 2 time keys to room with somebody inside at one LHR hotels....it will be costly for them
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:16 am

For upgrades, contact the resort by email.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by p78
how You negotiated this upgrade?

Im staying 11 nights on February 5 beach villa 6 water villa
10 awards and be my guest certificate.....for giving 2 time keys to room with somebody inside at one LHR hotels....it will be costly for them
Like MaldivesFreak said I just emailed the hotel and asked about a paid upgrade.
I didn't request a specific upgrade so that they would email me all the possible paid upgrades available for that week.
Once they emailed me back I noticed that the provided upgrade rate for the Retreat Water Villa was more than the price difference between a paid in cash Water Villa and paid in cash Retreat Water Villa so I asked for a better upgrade rate.
They second email had better prices and I decided to not negotiate anymore as they met the price that I was willing to pay for an upgrade.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:35 pm

Does anyone have experience negotiating better upgrade prices being a repeat customer and staying a long period (10 nights)? I remember reading that the hotel does favor repeat business and also longer stays. If anyone has had any success feel free to PM me.

Thank you
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:56 am
CDO
Suspended

Is there any benefit to order massages through the seaplane lounge with the masseuse lady? She claims you get an extra 30 mins but I thought as a Diamond you get that nonetheless?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CDO
Is there any benefit to order massages through the seaplane lounge with the masseuse lady? She claims you get an extra 30 mins but I thought as a Diamond you get that nonetheless?
You only get the extra time (I don't remember if it was actually 30min or more like 15min) once, when booking at the resort. So if you plan on having multiple treatments, it might be worth to book one at the Conrad lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.