Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I'm hearing that Vilu is closed this week and afternoon tea and breakfast has been moved to Mandhoo while afternoon tea and happy hour have been moved to Rangali Bar.
No, there are not two afternoon tea venues. It has been moved from Vilu to Rangali Bar this week.
So, I assume you mean:

"I'm hearing that Vilu is closed this week and afternoon tea and breakfast has been moved to Mandhoo while afternoon tea and happy hour have been moved to Rangali Bar."
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes that is what I meant
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:23 am

I'm hearing that Vilu is closed this week and afternoon tea and breakfast has been moved to Mandhoo while afternoon tea and happy hour have been moved to Rangali Bar.
And, because today is Sunday already, I suppose I'd better confirm what you mean by this week. Does your week start on a Sunday, i.e; Sunday through Saturday? Or is it Monday to Sunday?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Its closed today (Sunday). My host wasnt clear about how long it would be closed or I didnt listen closely. I just asked at reception and the guy said Vilu is closed for 30 days for maintenance.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:50 am

Thanks for the clarification. I'll add it to the wiki.

I spose there is one advantage. As for me I'd kill to have breakfast at Mandhoo!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thanks for the clarification. I'll add it to the wiki.

I spose there is one advantage. As for me I'd kill to have breakfast at Mandhoo!
No kidding. I think I would set myself a special breakfast alarm just to arrive early enough to get the corner table farthest away from the land.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:53 am

That's the table we usually try and get. If not that one, the one next to it is acceptable too.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Agreed - Mandhoo for brekkie would be fab.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:57 pm

Apologies in advance if this has been covered, but I couldn't find anything when reading through the thread. Are you allowed to use outside vendors/companies for scuba diving? I'm going in March and diving is a must. We will use the Conrad dive center if we have to, but was curious if we could save some money have use an outside service. Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:38 pm

I figure out the proper breakfast table selection strategy, as obvious as it may be.

Don't choose a table near an empty large (4 top or 6 top) table, because invariably that large table will soon be occupied by a family with screaming, silverawre-bashing children.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:11 am

All this talk of breakfast at Mandhoo has me in a depressed state. If I was a millionnaire I'd book flights and be there tomorrow just for the breakfast experience.

Originally Posted by Zanis520
Apologies in advance if this has been covered, but I couldn't find anything when reading through the thread. Are you allowed to use outside vendors/companies for scuba diving? I'm going in March and diving is a must. We will use the Conrad dive center if we have to, but was curious if we could save some money have use an outside service. Thanks.
There's nothing stopping you from using an outside service but best of luck finding one that will not charge you hundreds to go pick you up and return you to the resort and be more expensive in the long run.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:43 am

All this talk of breakfast at Mandhoo has me in a depressed state. If I was a millionnaire I'd book flights and be there tomorrow just for the breakfast experience.
Why? Youve had breakfast at Vilu. Its the same food. Youve had afternoon tea at Mandhoo. Its the same venue. Its not all that special. Its just breakfast, seated at a table, near water. Possibly also near screaming children.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:41 am

Why?
Short answer

Long answer: we appreciate things on different levels.

Possibly also near screaming children.
Vilu has screaming kids too, ya know.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Aug 27, 2018 at 8:21 am
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I'm sure you could save money by just ask them to prepare a private table for breakfast at Mandhoo on your next "regular" visit. I assume the charge would be less than the airfare to fly there tomorrow.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by goliath
I'm sure you could save money by just ask them to prepare a private table for breakfast at Mandhoo on your next "regular" visit. I assume the charge would be less than the airfare to fly there tomorrow.
Or stay in a RWV and get room service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.