Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Splotly

Get him on the seabob and definitely the x-blade... both are worth the trip here just for those!
The X-Jetblade was fun. It took about 20 minutes or so to get airborne, but it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Mrs. Majuki has a video, and I'll include everything in a post trip summary post. Unfortunately she didn't get the blooper reel, which resulted in many laughs from those watching on the beach. Protip: Do not bend your knees!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Majuki
The X-Jetblade was fun. It took about 20 minutes or so to get airborne, but it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Mrs. Majuki has a video, and I'll include everything in a post trip summary post. Unfortunately she didn't get the blooper reel, which resulted in many laughs from those watching on the beach. Protip: Do not bend your knees!
The x-blade ‘pro’ is here tomorrow and will be doing all the backflips etc if you’re around... we videoed him last year and tried but failed to convince people back home it was me!

(I managed to rip my thumb open on a screw under the villa which snorkelling - stitches - so out of the water for 3 days which is killing me, as I hadn’t had my go on the blade yet this time. They have however just delivered a box of bright blue rubber gloves to the room for me to wear in the water. I’m gonna look so cool in the holiday snaps this year!!)
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by gnomey
would you guys kindly post the activities of kids club (photo of a board or flyer.. etc) if it's convenient?

i guess it's complimentary for kids to participate

the only time u need to pay is if u want their baby sitting service, right?

Here’s the schedule. Most activities are free, the paid ie banana boat is 20 usd I think? BTW my 7 YO loves it there, Rose and Jalele are so great with all the kids.

sitting in our OWRV and the storm is incredible. Huge waves and LOTS of waves!! So much fun.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
would you guys kindly post the activities of kids club (photo of a board or flyer.. etc) if it's convenient?

i guess it's complimentary for kids to participate

the only time u need to pay is if u want their baby sitting service, right?
Here's a quick pic from last year, it did not change much (if at all) compared to previous years. I think the banana boat ride was the only chargeable activity. And yes, baby sitting is being charged as well.
(Edit: rkaradi was quicker,)

Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:31 am

The x-blade ‘pro’ is here tomorrow and will be doing all the backflips etc if you’re around... we videoed him last year and tried but failed to convince people back home it was me!

(I managed to rip my thumb open on a screw under the villa which snorkelling - stitches - so out of the water for 3 days which is killing me, as I hadn’t had my go on the blade yet this time. They have however just delivered a box of bright blue rubber gloves to the room for me to wear in the water. I’m gonna look so cool in the holiday snaps this year!!)
What time? We're leaving tomorrow, but we don't yet have our transfer arrangements back to Malé yet. Sorry to hear about the cut on your thumb, and hopefully you can go back in the water soon. I managed to fall off a Segway scooter about 5 years ago in Honolulu, and the doctor said I had to stay out of the water the rest of the trip. Suddenly swimming with the sharks doesn't seem as dangerous!

I just heard a seaplane go by, so I guess those operate rain or shine.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:57 am

What time? We're leaving tomorrow, but we don't yet have our transfer arrangements back to Malé yet. Sorry to hear about the cut on your thumb, and hopefully you can go back in the water soon. I managed to fall off a Segway scooter about 5 years ago in Honolulu, and the doctor said I had to stay out of the water the rest of the trip. Suddenly swimming with the sharks doesn't seem as dangerous!

I just heard a seaplane go by, so I guess those operate rain or shine.
They operate in some crazy weather - we’ve even been on one that dropped us off on the beach once (although how on earth that was the safer option I have no idea). So, sadly even a storm isn’t going to get you out of leaving!

Afraid I don’t know what time tomorrow but from memory I think they tend to show-off later in the afternoons - which probably isn’t what you wanted to hear.

We’ve just been shown around the underwater villa.... it’s literally beyond anything we’d imagined - Thought I’d be impressed but in fact I’m actually blown away by it. The quality of what’s inside is simply stunning. The layout is superb. The experience of walking into the downstairs is akin to your first time in Itha but on steroids (and that understated it). Just wow.

Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:05 am

They operate in some crazy weather - we’ve even been on one that dropped us off on the beach once (although how on earth that was the safer option I have no idea). So, sadly even a storm isn’t going to get you out of leaving!

Afraid I don’t know what time tomorrow but from memory I think they tend to show-off later in the afternoons - which probably isn’t what you wanted to hear.

We’ve just been shown around the underwater villa.... it’s literally beyond anything we’d imagined - Thought I’d be impressed but in fact I’m actually blown away by it. The quality of what’s inside is simply stunning. The layout is superb. The experience of walking into the downstairs is akin to your first time in Itha but on steroids (and that understated it). Just wow.

omg. did u make a special request to see the underwater villa? how? and to whom?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by goliath
Here's a quick pic from last year, it did not change much (if at all) compared to previous years. I think the banana boat ride was the only chargeable activity. And yes, baby sitting is being charged as well.
(Edit: rkaradi was quicker,)Here’s the schedule. Most activities are free, the paid ie banana boat is 20 usd I think? BTW my 7 YO loves it there, Rose and Jalele are so great with all the kids.

sitting in our OWRV and the storm is incredible. Huge waves and LOTS of waves!! So much fun.
Thank you so much, both! (and also for the info on who is allowed the 25 kg luggage allocation)
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:06 am

I wasn't aware they were offering tours.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:08 am

...to quote my partner just now, “look, look, quick, ... quick - there’s a snake pushing a big coral rock along under the water”. I’ve gone along with it and let her name him Hercules the snake. Seemed kinder than pointing out it was a stingray!!!! I do hope she Facebook’s her friends and tells them.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:14 am

omg. did u make a special request to see the underwater villa? how? and to whom?
I didn’t ask as I assumed there would be no way or they’d simply say no. They came and asked us last night at dinner and I think they could tell from my face that I was excited as hell. I got the impression it was a special favour/treat (e.g. we’ve stayed here 10+ times and they tend to do very well out of us!) although certainly not exclusively offered to us I’m sure (and they definitely know we couldn’t afford a night in it so wasn’t marketing)!!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:16 am

I didn’t ask as I assumed there would be no way or they’d simply say no. They came and asked us last night at dinner and I think they could tell from my face that I was excited as hell. I got the impression it was a special favour/treat (e.g. we’ve stayed here 10+ times and they tend to do very well out of us!) although certainly not exclusively offered to us I’m sure (and they definitely know we couldn’t afford a night in it so wasn’t marketing)!!
Haha, i hope i will be as lucky as you then when i m there (more likely not).
so exciting!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:20 am

We're first timers at this resort, so I didn't expect anything special/out of the ordinary. The Mrs. and I are planning to return in the future though!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:36 am

We're first timers at this resort, so I didn't expect anything special/out of the ordinary. The Mrs. and I are planning to return in the future though!
Good to hear you’ve enjoyed it (despite today’s weather - pretty normal to get a few days like this every week this time of year). We (obviously) think there’s nowhere else quite like it or we’d not be back so often!

Be braver than me and ask - I reckon there’s a chance - plus they did say to us that once it opens in November they don’t envisage taking people down to see it, so could be a unique opportunity right now. We say another coupl arrive as we were leaving - I think it will depend on whether the builders are doing anything that means they can’t find a slot to show people around (as the upstairs is still a shell/building site - tread carefully! But you’ll still get the sense of the place). Downstairs is where you want to see anyway and it ‘finished’. If you do go then check out the underwater bathroom....it’s insane
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:16 am

I rather sleep in the Dhoni!
Could you do us a favour and ask if there's any discount on the compulsory 'room fee' for the Gala dinner if you stay in the dhoni. Cheers.

That second bottle at Uefa last night does seem to have compromised my English, which is normally impeccable! Terrific meal there - I think now the best restaurant here by some distance.
You've gotta come to mainland China (and look me up if you do). Much better than Ufaa. The reason it's much better is because it's much dirtier. Sad but true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.