Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:42 pm

You've beena naughty little whippersnapper, you 'ave.....
Originally Posted by Splotly
2). There’s 4 sofas and it’s a nightmare deciding which one to lounge on.

There are 4 sofas. Come on matey, where'd your grammer go....?
And it's to sofa on not to lounge on. Jeez, I don't know what the English language is coming to thesedays.

....as I said, villa 101 is definitely the pick of the villas
Right on buddy; 101 for the NYE Gala party.....yeah!

Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:07 pm

He said lots of clients want to go to both and struggle to make the most of both where they’re in different locations, and end up pre-planning buggy rides and it all gets a bit messy for everyone.
Actually what they could do is have a bunch of buggies leave at 5min intervals at, say 4:50, 4:55 and 5:00 (and maybe one at 5:05, which could be the 4:50 or 4:55 returning back from Vilu). You could probably get away with only using two 8-seaters. That would move anywhere from 15 to 20 people (or even more if you had the 5:05) and only take 5min to get them across to Vilu. Why can't they do that? You could even put a couple of steps at the end of the Spa Retreat (where there's the extension that protrudes out past the last 2 treatment rooms, nobody ever uses that area and the water looks to be deep enough for a dhoni) and have the spare dhoni run across once or twice. Where there's a will there's a way.....

However my feeling is that the 2 events are entirely different and putting them back to back in the same location diminishes both and makes them feel like freebie rather than special.
+1
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Q: Any issues/thoughts on paying with multiple forms of payment - perhaps even spread through the stay?

We have 15 nights in January 2019:

Let's say I want to do something seriously silly (maybe not silly) and pay with:

1)4 different Hilton Aspire cards - charging 250 each time
2)5 different Barclay Arrival + mastercards charging ~$450, ~$150 each

My strategy is of maximizing CC rewards and usage could allow for me to get:

1)$1000 Hilton Resort credit from Aspire cards
2)$3000 reimbursed from Barclay A+ cards

Anyone every make multiple payments throughout their stay?
Both multiple forms of payment and throughout the stay are entirely possible. Just need to tell the FD what you are going to be doing when you arrive.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott

I’m sorry I missed that - you’d have looked simply stunning in that outfit I’m sure!
Trying to prevent a sunburn is not an easy job here.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Majuki
Nice. It does feel quiet.

Btw, I am heading to the happy our at Vilu. I'm wearing a gray t-shirt, sunglasses, and hiking hat.

I was so tired yesterday, didn't want to stroll to vilu after tea at mandhoo. (Also that's my reason I wake up midnight) However, got a message for tomorrow cocktail at quiet zone 6-7pm. Will probably check out the vilu at 5 and then continue to quite zone..

@Maldvesfreak: noted with gift card, thanks! I will ask again at check out. Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Q: Any issues/thoughts on paying with multiple forms of payment - perhaps even spread through the stay?

We have 15 nights in January 2019:

Let's say I want to do something seriously silly (maybe not silly) and pay with:

1)4 different Hilton Aspire cards - charging 250 each time
2)5 different Barclay Arrival + mastercards charging ~$450, ~$150 each

My strategy is of maximizing CC rewards and usage could allow for me to get:

1)$1000 Hilton Resort credit from Aspire cards
2)$3000 reimbursed from Barclay A+ cards

Anyone every make multiple payments throughout their stay?
I used 4 cards, 2 Aspire and 2 Barclay Arrival cards w/o any issues. They didn't bat an eye at it, I assumed I wasn't the first to do it...
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
I was so tired yesterday, didn't want to stroll to vilu after tea at mandhoo. (Also that's my reason I wake up midnight) However, got a message for tomorrow cocktail at quiet zone 6-7pm. Will probably check out the vilu at 5 and then continue to quite zone..
Today is our last day. We're heading over to breakfast at Atoll Market. We don't have a dinner scheduled for this evening, so we'll likely do both the afternoon tea and the happy hour.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Today is our last day. We're heading over to breakfast at Atoll Market. We don't have a dinner scheduled for this evening, so we'll likely do both the afternoon tea and the happy hour.
we will probably go to atoll this morning as well, convenience for my son go to kids club at 10am, they have banana ride for kids today.
We should arrive there around 9:30am, family of 4, in case you are here around the same time.
btw, hope they wonn't cancel the banana ride due to weather, my son will be disappointed. pretty rough rain..
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:44 pm

we will probably go to atoll this morning as well, convenience for my son go to kids club at 10am, they have banana ride for kids today.
We should arrive there around 9:30am, family of 4, in case you are here around the same time.
btw, hope they wonn't cancel the banana ride due to weather, my son will be disappointed. pretty rough rain..
Yeah, we've been monitoring as well. Coming from the water villa side we'll definitely be taking the umbrellas.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:14 pm

would you guys kindly post the activities of kids club (photo of a board or flyer.. etc) if it's convenient?

i guess it's complimentary for kids to participate

the only time u need to pay is if u want their baby sitting service, right?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
You've beena naughty little whippersnapper, you 'ave.....

There are 4 sofas. Come on matey, where'd your grammer go....?
And it's to sofa on not to lounge on. Jeez, I don't know what the English language is coming to thesedays.

Right on buddy; 101 for the NYE Gala party.....yeah!

That second bottle at Uefa last night does seem to have compromised my English, which is normally impeccable! Terrific meal there - I think now the best restaurant here by some distance.

Just in the process of deciding which room for NYE funnily enough - and dreading the quote. I most definitely won’t be 101 (I rather sleep in the Dhoni)!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Actually what they could do is have a bunch of buggies leave at 5min intervals at, say 4:50, 4:55 and 5:00 (and maybe one at 5:05, which could be the 4:50 or 4:55 returning back from Vilu). You could probably get away with only using two 8-seaters. That would move anywhere from 15 to 20 people (or even more if you had the 5:05) and only take 5min to get them across to Vilu. Why can't they do that? You could even put a couple of steps at the end of the Spa Retreat (where there's the extension that protrudes out past the last 2 treatment rooms, nobody ever uses that area and the water looks to be deep enough for a dhoni) and have the spare dhoni run across once or twice. Where there's a will there's a way.....

+1
Just mentioned your busses idea to them at breakfast over in Vilu. Isn’t something they’d considered apparently. Sounds like this is a trail run to see how things go so guess it depends on feedback (and indeed perhaps on feedback from those who have a perspective on what it was like previously so can compare if it doesn’t feel as good). He reinforced that it’s been driven by ‘complaints’ from guests rather than is a management idea to move it.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:26 pm

Yeah, we've been monitoring as well. Coming from the water villa side we'll definitely be taking the umbrellas.
Yep - not looking like a great day here! The downpours are something I actively enjoy - this sort of rain is the one you fear - looks set for the whole day I think. Although the you experts over here reckon it’ll be gone by lunchtime and a too-hot afternoon!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:28 pm

Get him on the seabob and definitely the x-blade... both are worth the trip here just for those!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:34 pm

Bit of a shocker last night! Had assumed that the glass in the retreat villas is mirrored like the ones over the on the water island.... apparently not!!! Was having a lovely shower watching people photograph themselves on the sandbar outside 416. Went out there later myself and discovered the glass is absolutely normal I may be in a few pictures in thmy background signing in the shower - awesome!!! Amazed they have the glass like that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.