Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by gnomey
just curious - are these soft toys typically given to guest brand new on the bed for you to take home? or is it only meant for decoration on bed and are recycled each time for new incoming guest?
Hello gnomey,

One of the features of staying at a Conrad hotel is receiving a plush toy. Most hotels have bears that are placed on the bed and await your arrival. They're a gift and yours to keep. Some locations have animals representative of the area. For instance, New York has a bull, Bangkok has an elephant, and Bali has a monkey. It is my understanding that this hotel used to give a different sea animal every night (up to 6 or 7 different kinds), but they've mostly run out of stock and will only provide them upon special request from a guest.

Here is the thread on the animals.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
Hello gnomey,

One of the features of staying at a Conrad hotel is receiving a plush toy. Most hotels have bears that are placed on the bed and await your arrival. They're a gift and yours to keep. Some locations have animals representative of the area. For instance, New York has a bull, Bangkok has an elephant, and Bali has a monkey. It is my understanding that this hotel used to give a different sea animal every night (up to 6 or 7 different kinds), but they've mostly run out of stock and will only provide them upon special request from a guest.

Here is the thread on the animals.
oh, good thanks for enlightening me
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bjywong
Do children under two years also receive a baggage allowance on the flight?
Originally Posted by gnomey
is it 25 kg baggage allowance per human (regardless of whether human is 1 day old or 99 years old) ?
From the Trans Maldivian Airways FAQ:

Do infants require a separate seat?

We transfer infants below the age of two year, free of charge. There is no separate seat allocated for the infants due to legal requirements. Correspondingly, there is also no additional baggage allowance for the infant also.

Last edited by goliath; Aug 13, 2018 at 1:52 am Reason: Format corrected
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Hi,
I remember around a month ago, someone mentioned he/she "confirmed" gift card can be used in here. I just arrived the resort today, show them the hilton gift card, the front desk said they do not accept hilton gift card, and never did. Same experience I had around 2 years ago.
On a side note, if anyone here interested for a drink... we will be here for 5 nights.
cheers
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
Hi,
I remember around a month ago, someone mentioned he/she "confirmed" gift card can be used in here. I just arrived the resort today, show them the hilton gift card, the front desk said they do not accept hilton gift card, and never did. Same experience I had around 2 years ago.
On a side note, if anyone here interested for a drink... we will be here for 5 nights.
cheers
I was wondering about this, especially since they price in USD. It could be one way to defray costs if you do happen to have gift cards.

I'm here through Wednesday and always up for a mini FT meetup.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
Hi,
You'd want to speak with Ahmed Nashid. He's the Front Office Manager and he will have the final say so I presume you will be fine since they have been used just recently by not one but two guests.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
It's supposed to rain tomorrow and Sunday.

We have no basis for comparison since it's our first time here, but we feel like it's quiet. Certainly there was more activity when we walked over to the main island awhile ago, but on the water villa island it seems like there aren't many people around.
the hotel is at 90% capacity. I think the villa island is always quieter since there’s less activity overall. That being said up at the retreat WV’s are also always quite. We’ve stayed in one the last three years.

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
That's because you've gone from Rangali Bar (I must admit that's the worst place I could think of to hold afternoon tea!!) to Vilu so of course it's an upgrade. Problem is, Vilu is a serious downgrade if you've ever had it at Mandhoo.
yewj have had at Mandhoo and have had diamond cocktails at Vilu. They’re both fine to me. I get that if this ends up making them cut this amenity to one hour it’ll suck, but if they keep both then I’m ok with it being at one place it make sense in so many levels.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by rkaradi
the hotel is at 90% capacity. I think the villa island is always quieter since there’s less activity overall. That being said up at the retreat WV’s are also always quite. We’ve stayed in one the last three years.
Nice. It does feel quiet.

Btw, I am heading to the happy our at Vilu. I'm wearing a gray t-shirt, sunglasses, and hiking hat.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:29 am
soy

Programs: various
I was wondering about this, especially since they price in USD. It could be one way to defray costs if you do happen to have gift cards.
Hilton Gift Cards were still being accepted here in July this year

Last edited by soy; Aug 13, 2018 at 8:01 am
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by rkaradi
I’m ok with it being at one place it make sense in so many levels.
Amazing, isn't it, how people can differ so much in opinion. What makes the world go round the way it does I suppose.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:07 am

Can confirm this as well. I recently inquired Conrad Maldives about this and was told the same. Children under two fly free of charge (as a lap infant, similar to commercial airlines) however they do NOT get any luggage allowance. Also, just FYI, the infant will be charged $6 USD Green Tax per night (as that tax is per person) by the hotel.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Nice. It does feel quiet.

Btw, I am heading to the happy our at Vilu. I'm wearing a gray t-shirt, sunglasses, and hiking hat.
I’m sorry I missed that - you’d have looked simply stunning in that outfit I’m sure!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Amazing, isn't it, how people can differ so much in opinion. What makes the world go round the way it does I suppose.
Spoke to one of the guys earlier - asked what their thinking way. He’s not one of the management team so felt like the response was absolutely genuine (ie not a company line if asked). He said lots of clients want to go to both and struggle to make the most of both where they’re in different locations, and end up pre-planning buggy rides and it all gets a bit messy for everyone. Made sense to me. However my feeling is that the 2 events are entirely different and putting them back to back in the same location diminishes both and makes them feel like freebie rather than special. (I used to go to the cocktails years ago but found it ended up getting too busy andbyou ended up sitting outside in the heat so stopped going. Have never been to the afternoon tea in all these years, until this year as we’re over this side in the spa villas for a change - can’t believe we never considered going to the afternoon tea - it’s simply excellent, and while I lack a frame of reference I feel is won’t be quite the same ambiance elsewhere.)
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by goliath
Too late now!
To redress the balance I would like to say that on reflection the retreat water villas aren’t actually that great and I’d highly recommend villa 101 instead. I have a number of compelling reasons why the retreat water villas are infact not something people to book up:

1). The outside deck is too nice and you end up wasting all day enjoying it.
2). There’s 4 sofas and it’s a nightmare deciding which one to lounge on.
3). It’s really close to the afternoon tea so you end up going there and have to nip to the shop to buy new (larger shorts).
4). The water is amazing to swim in outside it (no currents that try to kill you)
5). It’s 25 minutes from Vilu so you ‘earn your breakfast’ and actually feel good about it
6). You don’t have to walk 3 minutes to get a massage; they come to you!
7). The bridge is far wider so having an extra bottle of wine isn’t Russian roulette walking home in a straight line
8). 2 eagle rays stalk the waters under your villa

....as I said, villa 101 is definitely the pick of the villas, avoid the retreat water villas at all costs (until I’ve secured my booking for Xmas!)
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Q: Any issues/thoughts on paying with multiple forms of payment - perhaps even spread through the stay?

We have 15 nights in January 2019:

Let's say I want to do something seriously silly (maybe not silly) and pay with:

1)4 different Hilton Aspire cards - charging 250 each time
2)5 different Barclay Arrival + mastercards charging ~$450, ~$150 each

My strategy is of maximizing CC rewards and usage could allow for me to get:

1)$1000 Hilton Resort credit from Aspire cards
2)$3000 reimbursed from Barclay A+ cards

Anyone every make multiple payments throughout their stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.