Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:16 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Is it possible to use 2 credit cards to pay for the room charge at check-out? I am thinking about using Hilton $250 credit that comes with Hilton Aspire credit card. Have anybody done this?
Yes, we did a split payment no problem.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:43 pm

Thanks MaldivesFreak for the quick response. Based on your comment from the post, it is more likely that a family of 3 (at least one is Gold/Diamond and 1 kid) staying in one room don't have to pay extra but a family of 4 is YMMV?
If the group of 4 is 3+1 or 4 adults (in the newly renovated BVs for example) then it's more likely to be YMMV. There is no data on this yet so that's just my guess.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Is it possible to use 2 credit cards to pay for the room charge at check-out? I am thinking about using Hilton $250 credit that comes with Hilton Aspire credit card. Have anybody done this?
No problem, just did it three days ago.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:24 am

I just confirmed with the hotel that you can in fact use the Amex hilton gift cards at the hotel (despite what it says in the wiki). I'm thinking I'll use the recent 20% off Amex offer to help cut down the costs a little bit.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:45 pm

Thanks for the data point. I'll add this to the wiki.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by dukewake
I just confirmed with the hotel that you can in fact use the Amex hilton gift cards at the hotel (despite what it says in the wiki). I'm thinking I'll use the recent 20% off Amex offer to help cut down the costs a little bit.
this is good news. just curious - why is it that previously it was said you cant use? is it bc someone was rejected for doing that during check out? or the register at conrad maldives cannot accept?

would be bad if stuck with a bunch of cards later on
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:27 pm

That's a good question You would probably have to search way way back in the thread for the answer to that one.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by gnomey
this is good news. just curious - why is it that previously it was said you cant use? is it bc someone was rejected for doing that during check out? or the register at conrad maldives cannot accept?

would be bad if stuck with a bunch of cards later on
hi,

I was the one with the gift card and had been rejected in 2016. The cashier tried to call their back office, tried couple times but fail. So the cashier told me the system did not support hilton gift card.

note. I saw her tried to swipe the gift card as well as type in the #, but nothing happen. I used the same gift card in USA afterwards without issue.

Last edited by Fly2Where; Jun 10, 2018 at 7:28 pm
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
hi,

I was the one with the gift card and had been rejected in 2016. The cashier tried to call their back office, tried couple times but fail. So the cashier told me the system did not support hilton gift card.

note. I saw her tried to swipe the gift card as well as type in the #, but nothing happen. I used the same gift card in USA afterwards without issue.
thanks for the update!

i noticed a lot of these gift cards tend to be US-centric (yeah, US centric, not even USD-centric). would be good if someone who is going there soon and plan to experiment with these gcs can report back on success/failure.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
It's no longer free for Diamonds. Everyone has to pay the $55++ for the package. (See my post a few pages back regarding this for more details)
Was there in February 2018. No fee for a Gold on arrival, however fee for hanging out on departure.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:32 am

It's always been like that.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 11, 2018 at 6:43 am
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:44 am

Hello,

My wife and I are planning a 5day stay (using points and getting the fifth night free) at Conrad in Oct this year. We would like to stay both at the Beach Villa and the Over water villa - just to experience them both. I'm sorry if this has been discussed previously (I couldn't find it) - but what's the best way of going about booking say 3 nights in the BV and a couple of nights in the OWV as both of them are 95K points right now. Is it best for me to book all 5 nights in the OWV and then reach out to the reservation and ask for changing a few nights to the BV or maybe 'upgrade' a few nights to the DBV? Any thoughts/help on this is much appreciated! This forum has been of tremendous value in information for us to plan this trip. Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by gnomey
thanks for the update!

i noticed a lot of these gift cards tend to be US-centric (yeah, US centric, not even USD-centric). would be good if someone who is going there soon and plan to experiment with these gcs can report back on success/failure.
I will be there in mid Aug, will bring couple of these gift cards to try out. Will report back.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by techtifosi
Is it best for me to book all 5 nights in the OWV and then reach out to the reservation and ask for changing a few nights to the BV or maybe 'upgrade' a few nights to the DBV?
I recently did exactly that: booked five award nights in OWV and then contacted hotel to split the stay between the two room types. The representative was more than happy to accommodate the request.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:42 pm

Hi techtifosi and welcome to FT! MS02113 is right, the only way of getting this done is by going through the resort. If you call HHonors they will just call the resort to do it so the best way is to email them as soon as you have your 5 nights in a BV confirmed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.