Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
That's definitely too long. Would suggest dropping Hilton Honors an email (or call).

Originally Posted by metcon123
Just got back from Conrad Maldives and have not seen my HHonors points posted to my account yet. How long does it take for the spend to be posted usually? Been back for 1.5 weeks now.

Thanks all!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:24 am

Just got back from Conrad Maldives and have not seen my HHonors points posted to my account yet. How long does it take for the spend to be posted usually? Been back for 1.5 weeks now. Thanks all!
Usually within 48 to 72 hours, if longer than that, I'd call them.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I had emailed about upgrading for one or two nights to the Muraka, and this was the response I got :

Which is a long, polite way of telling me, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it"
Well, according to Bloomberg, $50k a night....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ter-hotel-room

ouch

on the positive side, you get instant diamond status....
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:50 pm

Just got back from Conrad Maldives and have not seen my HHonors points posted to my account yet. How long does it take for the spend to be posted usually? Been back for 1.5 weeks now.

Thanks all!
How was your trip??
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:46 pm

I know that they don't offer complimentary upgrades to Gold/Diamond members, however I sent them an email and asked if they would consider one anyway for my upcoming stay. I received a response saying "Although Conrad Maldives is exempted from complimentary upgrade policy of Hilton Honors, we will consider the villa upgrade where possible to next category on subject to room availability of the resort."

So my question is how likely do you think it would be for them to actually upgrade at check in? Are complimentary upgrades even given out at all?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:00 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by marcmsj
I know that they don't offer complimentary upgrades to Gold/Diamond members, however I sent them an email and asked if they would consider one anyway for my upcoming stay. I received a response saying "Although Conrad Maldives is exempted from complimentary upgrade policy of Hilton Honors, we will consider the villa upgrade where possible to next category on subject to room availability of the resort."

So my question is how likely do you think it would be for them to actually upgrade at check in? Are complimentary upgrades even given out at all?
Personal experience: booked a BV with points, payed for SWV upgrade, got comped to DWV.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Personal experience: booked a BV with points, payed for SWV upgrade, got comped to DWV.
If you hadn't paid for SWV in the first place, I would guess the odds might not have worked out. Honestly the paid upgrades at this property are a license to print money. There's no way a BV award booking is getting upgraded unless the guest is a very special person or the resort is oversold.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond

We stayed at Christmas 2016. I booked a BV on points and then paid for an upgrade for our last night night in a WV.

We were given complimentary upgraded to a DBV for our first nights as well as an extra night complimentary upgrade to the WV.

We were both Diamond at the time.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
There's no way a BV award booking is getting upgraded unless the guest is a very special person or the resort is oversold.
Just like any other hilton property they will almost always upgrade you if you are Gold or Diamond if they have a room available to upgrade you to (with Diamonds obviously having higher than usual priority over Golds) with the exception of SunWV, PWV, FWV, BS, JBS. They might upgrade you to a DWV or SWV as well but that's pretty rare. You don't have to be anyone special, BTW. Problem is that the resort is usually at maximum or near maximum capacity so your chances for a spontaneous upgrade are not good. OTOH, a major reason they have such high occupancy is they do often overbook their base villas and those who are Hilton elites get upgraded (not at check-in but well beforehand) to DBVs and the odd OWV so they can fill the BVs up.
A point to note is there are, on average, between 20 and 30 Hilton elites (usually Diamonds) there at any one time so that's why a lot of Hilton elites miss out.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Just like any other hilton property they will almost always upgrade you if you are Gold or Diamond
Is there data on this? My understanding is that they're exempt from the Honors upgrade policy.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:58 am

Yes, they are exempt but like I said they do upgrade a lot of elites. There are only 150 rooms and if you take out the categories mentioned above there's only about 2/3 remaining. That and what I wrote above about the amount of elites at the property at any one time gives you an indication of your chances. As for data, this thread is full of people posting their upgrades. There are a lot on TA as well.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Yes, they are exempt but like I said they do upgrade a lot of elites. There are only 150 rooms and if you take out the categories mentioned above there's only about 2/3 remaining. That and what I wrote above about the amount of elites at the property at any one time gives you an indication of your chances. As for data, this thread is full of people posting their upgrades. There are a lot on TA as well.
Fingers crossed for my next stay, then.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:24 pm

Just curious to know abt the experience of folks with the butler/personal assistant (not sure the proper title) at Conrad Maldives. I know each villa is assigned one. And he/she would be the person that walk you to your room during check in, and thereafter facilitate any dining reservation, excursion bookings, or hear out any complaints you may have during your stay

But on a day-to-day basis during stay

Does the butler/PA actually swing by your villa and check in with you every morning? or call you every evening? or is it the kind of relationship where it's pretty much up to you to locate him/her if you need help? How does the communication happen?

I can imagine diff people liking diff styles - some feel it is a little hard to breathe if the butler/PA keep checking on you, while others like to be pampered.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:36 pm

The butler/personal assistant is what they call a island host at Rangali. And yes, you are correct that he/she would be the person that walk you to your room during check in, reservation changes, issues with stay.

They will not call you each morning unless there is an issue with your booking (ie: excursion is cancelled due to low particpation, etc). We just came back about two weeks ago for a 7N stay and had two different island host during our stay since the first had to leave for vacation half way throughout our stay.

Our second host was much better, she brought us champagne because our deck umbrella had issues opening and she immediately took care of it and the champagne was certainly a nice gesture. Our initial island host wasn't very great, he just did the minimal I would say. Hope this helps!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:08 pm

Our host greeted us, went over the check-in, dining, and excursions, and took us to our room. He contacted us by phone (later) to help us book the things that had interested us. He followed up as necessary to make sure we knew about seating times at the restaurants, etc. Sometimes he called. Sometimes he ran into us at breakfast. He was very helpful.

It's nice to have a single person helping you rather than having to deal with a faceless concierge desk.

Also - you will (unless you really go out of your way to avoid it) get to know the person assigned to housekeeping for your unit. This is a good thing. The guy assigned to our unit was awesome. We were in our unit (more or less) anytime we weren't out snorkeling or eating, so we ran into him a lot. He always made sure that we had everything we needed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.