Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by IvanCU
You have to do some digging around the website to find all the details. This page was helpful:

Conrad Maldives Honors Benefits

I've heard others mention an Afternoon Tea; not sure if that is the same as the Happy Hour at Vilu.
Have you not read the wiki's Gold and Diamond Benefits section? It's up-to-date.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:13 am

I am visiting the Conrad in early June and have a 3:15 PM arrival on Qatar Airlines. Reading through some of the posts, I decided to overnight near the airport and then head over the next morning for 5 nights at the Conrad. It seems 3 PM is a weird time in that it's not early but it's not so late but decided to use the money saved on one night in HKG on our return. Also have a 10 PM flight when leaving so the boat/airplane departure is a good tip in case we are put on a departing plane too early.

When should we reach out to the hotel about our transfer arrangements?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:20 am

A couple of weeks prior is good. Don't leave it later than a week before check-in.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Wonder how many guests they usually have from the USA.
We shall see...
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: AA PP (1MM), Admirals Club, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Have you not read the wiki's Gold and Diamond Benefits section? It's up-to-date.
Thank you! Somehow I missed that part about Afternoon Tea.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:57 am

Thank you! Somehow I missed that part about Afternoon Tea.
It's really very nice. Great selection of sweet and savory items (changed daily), and the atmosphere at Mandhoo is just right. Show up right at 3 or be a few minutes early and get a table overlooking the ocean.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:49 pm

3 is a bit early, don't you think? LOL.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:24 pm

3 is a bit early, don't you think? LOL.
Sorry, I mean 4! Definitely go at 4, not 3.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Thought I would share an update based upon recommendations and additional piece of info.

Based upon recommendations, I rescheduled our 15 nights from all water villa to 5 nights beach, 10 nights water.

I completed the 15k spend on 2 Amex Hilton Ascend cards (actually 3 but only received the 2 certs so far). I managed to change from 3 5 night blocks to 1 5 night, 1 cert, 5 night block, 1 cert, 3 nights. This was due to positioning of the weekends during my stay. Saved 95k points in the process (going from a 5 night to a 3 night block).
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:59 am

Anybody else see Gary Leff's post about the OWV 95k redemption this morning?

I find it unbelievable that he couldn't be arsed to confirm with Hilton whether it's a deal or a mistake even though Hilton is a major sponsor of BoardingArea.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:29 am

Linky please!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:00 am

Hi, everyone.

I'm planning a trip for my mother's 60th birthday at the property.
I'll use points for 5 nights and 3 weekend certificates for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

1) Is it possible for her to choose a speedboat transfer instead of seaplane even if she arrives early?
I think she's a little hesitant about riding a seaplane and prefers domestic transfer + speedboat if the price is the same.

2) If the weekend certificate expires on Oct 9th, it is still usable for the night of Oct 9th, right?
I have to use one certificate for the night of the expiration date, and I just want to make sure that's usable for that night.

Thank you for reading and thanks for all the fabulous information in the thread.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:27 am

Linky please!
https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...-award-prices/

It's not even the first time he's written about it. Must be having trouble coming up with content.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:51 am

What type of rates have people been getting offered after booking water villa at 95k points?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Willbur
What type of rates have people been getting offered after booking water villa at 95k points?
I Just got offered 350 USD++ from water villa (reward booking) to Retreat overwater villa. As i't over Christmas, I thought that was good considering that the AP rate is 2500++ and took the offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.