Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
To see award availability you need to be either:

1) logged out

or

2) logged in AND have enough points for the award you're looking for.

cool, glad to have learnt something new today :-)
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:03 pm

Just a data point -

My wife and I are staying for six nights over Festive season this year and we were quoted
Water Villa - DBV - $80++
Water Villa - SWV - $80++
Water Villa - RWV - $250++

Also, we love paddle boarding and it seems like this is now free here. Any idea where the paddle boards are allowed to go? Are you able to explore at all or is it within a small, contained area?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by keggers1
Just a data point -

My wife and I are staying for six nights over Festive season this year and we were quoted

Also, we love paddle boarding and it seems like this is now free here. Any idea where the paddle boards are allowed to go? Are you able to explore at all or is it within a small, contained area?
Thanks for the rates. Will add them to the wiki.
As for water sports, they only allow the area south of the bridge (up to the seaplane jetty going west) over to the third island to be used for any and all water craft.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:56 am

Does anybody happen to know if it is possible/feasible to visit the Manta Ray feeding station at Hanifaru Bay from the Rangali, and if so, what the cost would be?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:49 am

Probably best to email the resort for that.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by keggers1
Just a data point -

Hmmm...I booked a while ago when the WV wasn't available for standard redemption and the upgrade rates quoted here are significantly cheaper. I wonder what the chances are of cancelling my current booking and booking into the WV and 1) 'Downgrade' DBV for a few nights and 2) 'Upgrade' to RWV

I have everything locked in - and we're staying end of May so don't really want to rock the boat - but the extra savings might be worth it?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Does anybody happen to know if it is possible/feasible to visit the Manta Ray feeding station at Hanifaru Bay from the Rangali, and if so, what the cost would be?
In case anybody else is interested in the answer to this, here is the reply I got from CR : "From Conrad to HANIFANU it is approximately 111 miles and it will take three and half hours by speedboat. Speed boat charges are US$500 per hour plus tax."
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:11 am

20 base points per $ for DIA

Originally Posted by goliath
If I were in the same situation, I would just enjoy the extra points and not keep posting about it in a public forum.
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
I think I want to be upfront about it in this case. If a clawback is going to happen, I want it to happen now, not later, so that I can plan better.
It was no mistake or anything to keep private, HH simply applied the new points earning rate (20 points per $ for DIA).
So, 5'k before tax will get you the max of 100'k base points per stay. As 5'k $ aren't taking you that far in the Maldives, it might make sense to split a stay between two accounts
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by alp67
It was no mistake or anything to keep private, HH simply applied the new points earning rate (20 points per $ for DIA).
So, 5'k before tax will get you the max of 100'k base points per stay. As 5'k $ aren't taking you that far in the Maldives, it might make sense to split a stay between two accounts
Only if they mistakenly do their calculations as above will 5K get you to the max. And you're not seriously hoping they will make the exact same mistake again, are you?

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Apr 6, 2018 at 9:45 am Reason: Sry guys, half asleep when I wrote this
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by slodki
Hmmm...I booked a while ago when the WV wasn't available for standard redemption and the upgrade rates quoted here are significantly cheaper. I wonder what the chances are of cancelling my current booking and booking into the WV and 1) 'Downgrade' DBV for a few nights and 2) 'Upgrade' to RWV

I have everything locked in - and we're staying end of May so don't really want to rock the boat - but the extra savings might be worth it?
Dont cancel and rebook if you want to avoid the risk of award space disappearing in the process. Call Hilton reservations and have them make the switch from BV to WV.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Even if they mistakenly do their calculations as above, 5K will not get you to the max. 5K before tax only amounts to 4K worth of spend ($4058.45 to be exact) so you'll still be 20K short. And you're not seriously hoping they will make the exact same mistake again, are you?
  1. What? Before tax equals the net amount, without '+ +'
    Maybe I wasn't totally clear, it's before service charge as well, but you might wanna recalculate?
  2. What mistake? Didn't you receive that email a couple of days ago? Note the framed part at the bottom and the coloured points. Isn't the '20 points' the same colour as Diamond tier requirements?
  3. What am I missing here? To my understanding, 6'000 $ net spending will get you DIAMOND.

Last edited by alp67; Apr 5, 2018 at 4:53 pm
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Not accurate. It is still 10 base points per dollar. Only the elite bonus has changed.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
So a spending of 6000 USD will only get you 60000 base points.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by kt85
So a spending of 6000 USD will only get you 60000 base points.
Yes
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Not accurate. It is still 10 base points per dollar. Only the elite bonus has changed.
I still doubt what you are saying.
HH has changed the earning style and if I read and understand their T&C correctly, you will be DIAMOND after spending 6'000 US$.

Accrual of Points

5. A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (20%, 80% or 100%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through double or triple Base Point promotions, will apply to the total Base Point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including Hilton Honors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses (e.g. promotional miles), Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member will receive stay and night credit for one room only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.