Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by goliath
Or something was lost in translation and the meaning was:

"Leaving the resort today and I do not want to leave so soon.."

or something like that.

Either way, I hope we'll get an explanation.
I like this one the most. I also hated leaving. It didn't set in until I got to the Plaza lounge with bad food and no booze. That's when it started to hurt.

Anyone know if the resort is hiring?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Anyone know if the resort is hiring?

https://www.hospitalityonline.com/employers/235072/jobs

http://www.job-maldives.com/p/conrad-maldives-jobs.html?m=1
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Lctkw
Hmm... I was hoping that I could get a good price during that period as well, but my stay is over Easter weekend itself and it seems like occupancy's still really high during that period (e.g. no standard points booking available).

Wonder if it'll change as the date draws nearer?
I have a reservation using points for the third week of February of next year and got a quote of $100 per night to go from the WV to the SWV. I wrote back and countered with $80 based on the info in this thread, and was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from them saying they accepted my counter-offer. Moral of the story: negotiate your upgrade offer :-)
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I have a reservation using points for the third week of February of next year and got a quote of $100 per night to go from the WV to the SWV. I wrote back and countered with $80 based on the info in this thread, and was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from them saying they accepted my counter-offer. Moral of the story: negotiate your upgrade offer :-)
Wow $80/night for upgrade is very good. Well done.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Yes, I agree with everyone on negotiating. I have 2 water villas reserved for January 2019. They originally offered $90++ for the WV to Superior and $450++ to Deluxe. They accepted my response offer. We landed at $75++ for one WV to upgrade to SWV and $420++ for the other WV to a DWV for the first 5 nights of the trip. Then, we are spending the last two nights in a Sunset Water Villa for $1,505++ which I thought was a good price compared to the wiki.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:05 pm

Does anyone know if you can get standard OWV if you apply the Free Night Weekend cert on this property? I know BV is the case by default, but I wonder if there is an additional option now since OWV is also at 95K

Thanks,
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Yes, I agree with everyone on negotiating. I have 2 water villas reserved for January 2019. They originally offered $90++ for the WV to Superior and $450++ to Deluxe. They accepted my response offer. We landed at $75++ for one WV to upgrade to SWV and $420++ for the other WV to a DWV for the first 5 nights of the trip. Then, we are spending the last two nights in a Sunset Water Villa for $1,505++ which I thought was a good price compared to the wiki.
Thanks both for DP. Actually just curious, does anyone know why is the upgrade charge to DWV so much more (vs SWV)? I have been noticing this trend frequently over time.
Considering they are both located at around the same location. Size wise, i think it's abt 50% more in SWV and probably spaced a bit further from each other. And apparently DWV is not even that swimmable bc of the strong currents, so SWV wins on this one. So curious to know what would be the (unknown to me) reasons for picking DWV over SWV? Someone who doesnt care abt snorkeling?

What else did I miss?

Last edited by gnomey; Mar 3, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Is the $420++upgrade from WV to DWV per night or total of 5 nights? Was wondering what justify the large jump from SWV to DWV? I looked the floor plan, albeit they are bigger but not by much.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:26 pm

Trip Report: Day 3 - half day in paradise

Our flight departing from Male was at 11:25 PM so technically I was only 45 minutes short of being in the Maldives for a full day. However, the seaplane from the resort to Male only operates during daylight so I requested the last seaplane but even the resort had no idea exactly when. We didn’t get a late checkout as Diamond member since the hotel occupancy rate was quite high so we need to check out by noon. We treasured every minute in paradise! Weather-wise, it was overcast so luckily we had an awesome day the previous day so we took all the photos I planned except at the overwater spa. Then, we walked over to Vilu to enjoy our last breakfast in paradise.

We ordered similar items as yesterday that we thought were good – Maldivian omelet, Thai omelet, oyster, mango sticky rice, and mango smoothie. Unfortunately, the Thai omelet was super oily and salty!!! Once again, they didn’t have Belgium waffles so we didn’t get to try it. I did checked out the buffet selections, not impressive and no Asian selections. After a long breakfast, we walked all the way to the Sunset Water Villas and saw black clouds rolling in so we went back to our room. Luckily, we made it back before it pour! Once the rain stopped, we packed up and said goodbye to our Superior Water Villa. The weather got better but I started to feel sick, I really think it was the salty and oily Thai omelet that I had in Vilu

Our host saw us over at the reception and told us that our flight will be around 3 PM so be back at the main reception around that time. I was feeling so sick that I had no mood nor energy to walk out so I just spent my afternoon in the reception area until 2 PM to have a late lunch. We had lunch at Ufaa since I wanted some hot noodle soup. I ordered the beef pulled noodle soup; it wasn’t pulled noodle but it was flavorful. Our last bill was interesting, somehow we got 20% off as Diamond member!!! Not sure if it was a Ufaa promotion or what!

At 3 PM, we went back to reception to “check-out” and prepared for the shocking bill, here it is for our 3 days 2 nights expenses. Of course we paid the bill with our Hilton credit card to earn 10x points and being a Diamond member got us extra points…no idea what was the earning formula, our 3 days 2 nights bill earned us enough points for another night at the Conrad Maldives LOL!

Date Description Charges
11-Jan Ufaa hot pot dinner $261.18
12-Jan Ithaa cocktail $184.80
12-Jan Atoll dinner buffet $251.33
13-Jan Ufaa lunch $72.93
2 nights room upgrade including taxes $492.80
seaplane transfer for 2 $1,120.00
Total $2,383.04

Complete trip report and photos here: Half More Day in Maldivian Paradise and the Total Bill for 3 Days 2 Nights ? Miss Vacation

Goodbye Conrad Maldives!!!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:38 pm

I am looking at the RWV numbering - from previous posts by Scubaroo and MF
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27972611-post410.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27980388-post423.html

They seem to contradict with the information in the link below
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25260386-post2090.html

Assuming the former two links (which are more recent post) are correct, then
- Villas with even numbers (it includes 401, the outlying chap, and then continues from 402 to 420) are on the same side as C2 (Mandhoo restaurant), ie. they have sunrise view and closer to one of the house reefs
- Villas with odd numbers (it starts 403 through 421) are on the other side, ie. they have sunset view and can access a second house reef which is closer to DBV

Can someone confirm which is correct?

Anyway, which RWV villa # is the best bang for buck, when considering factors like sunset vs sunrise view, water current, water depth, underwater wildlife? I have read a couple of posts saying they stay in Villa 417 (but strangely not any others), so i should think this is the one that is secluded enough since it's far walk away from main island, comes with sunset view but not too close to the second house reef. Would appreciate more feedback

Last edited by gnomey; Mar 3, 2018 at 3:55 pm
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by metcon123
Is the $420++upgrade from WV to DWV per night or total of 5 nights? Was wondering what justify the large jump from SWV to DWV? I looked the floor plan, albeit they are bigger but not by much.
It is $420 per night. I do agree that is quite a bit higher than the SWV and we went back and forth on it, but $420 is actually much lower than the offers they sent over for the DWV on previous trips by $200 or so a night. We stayed in the SWV last trip and loved both the location and the sunset view, but we found the villa and deck to be a bit cramped and it felt like our neighbors were right on top of us. The DWVs have the same great layout as the SWVs but are a bit bigger and spaced further apart, so we thought that option would give us the best of both worlds. Since the price is lower this year we decided to give it a shot. I'll report back down the road whether I would do it again. Since my parents will be the in SWV, I'll be able to do a detailed comparison between the two.

Last edited by Michael19887; Mar 3, 2018 at 5:10 pm
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by gnomey
Does anyone know if you can get standard OWV if you apply the Free Night Weekend cert on this property? I know BV is the case by default, but I wonder if there is an additional option now since OWV is also at 95K

Thanks,
Yes you can get the OWV with Free Weekend Night. I did that for my stay next Jan.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by toocool17

Yes you can get the OWV with Free Weekend Night. I did that for my stay next Jan.
Sweet deal, thank you!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by gnomey

Thanks,
I recently used 2 x Free night certicates from Barclaycard (UK) Credit Card for OWV. I had booked the BW but when OWV became 95k per night the same as BW I was able to change
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by alp67
If you meant lobster and champagne by itself, lobster varies from $62++ at Rangali Bar to $68++at Vilu iirc.
Lobster at Vilu is live and is/was $28++ per 100g. I don't think they've ever had the frozen available there as it's never been on the menu. If you ask for it they might bring it over from the Atoll Market kitchen but I doubt it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.