Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
I promptly booked 15 nights of the water Villa For the last half of January 2019. That blew a big hole in my Hilton Account.
Poor you. Lol
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
While seaplane booked via third party, are you sure they pay $560, do you think they might have a discounted rate (or kick back) if they guaranteed certain customers?
Interesting you say that because TMA is owned by Blackstone who own Hilton LLC. Of course they would pay them but it's interesting nonetheless.

Also, forgot to mention, you only talked about seaplane transfer, there are TA giving free air transfer from China (singapore airlines) if booked thru them. Price is exactly the same if you booked thru conrad.com. Compare to this, seaplane transfer is nothing....
Do you have the name of one or more TAs who are doing this? Presumably this deal coincides with SQ's RMB3450 (+/- a couple of hundred) specials this year. Regardless, if there is such a deal I'm certainly interested as I live in mainland China. Even if it didn't apply to me personally my girlfriend could take advantage of it and there are other friends who are considering a trip to Rangali. Any info would be appreciated. TIA!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
?? I felt this is little rude.

In fact, there were some promotions, happen from time to time, which will include free transfer on some HK or China travel agent's sites. However, it's only available to Chinese citizen (on their disclaimer), so I even called the hotel asked them to match the deal, was told I had to book thru them in order to get those promotion, so it's not available on hilton.com or even hotel direct booking. And since this was a package, BRG won't apply. The rate include half board or full board (hotel don't offer full board when book direct, I was told they never offer full board, but somehow, travel agent booking can make it happens) option, "free airport transfer" included, etc.... Obviously, the price was cheaper than hotel alone when booked direct... they even offer 2 days BV, 2 days WV

You don't know what you don't know......
Thanks for the supporting word Fly2Where... it wasnt a random question at all. I do remember someone from this thread mentioning they did get a free transfer to Rangali I am just unable to read it back all way long.

Also, I dont expect Conrad to fly me in all way long, I am happy to fly to Male but I always found this short transfer, lets say, irrationally expensive... I can fly around Europe from this amount of money...

Also, even if it is a third party service written on WIKI it doesnt mean anything... last time we were there one of the planes were painted to the Conrad Maldives colors... there must be connection among the hotel and the "third party"... and can be a deal anytime. Who knows.... I can imagine after 5 visits you can get one free transfer offered. I have seen interesting things here.

So it would have been my question, but if you found it funny, let it be...

Last edited by Wadge; Feb 2, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
By the way... I just read the WIKI page again and it says:

Earning Points at the Resort - What Doesn't Qualify
Please note that any charges on third party services will be ineligible for points, e.g:
• Seaplane Transfer*

We DID get points after seaplane transfer cost....

As also there is no official upgrade per policy, it does happen from time to time, so it can happen with seaplane transfer too...
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by toocool17
Looks like award nights have finally opened up for 2019. :-)
Great news. Thanks for posting!

I've been checking daily. The hotel said they would inform me once the "technical issue" with reward night availability had been resolved, but you certainly beat them!

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Interesting you say that because TMA is owned by Blackstone who own Hilton LLC. Of course they would pay them but it's interesting nonetheless.

Do you have the name of one or more TAs who are doing this? Presumably this deal coincides with SQ's RMB3450 (+/- a couple of hundred) specials this year. Regardless, if there is such a deal I'm certainly interested as I live in mainland China. Even if it didn't apply to me personally my girlfriend could take advantage of it and there are other friends who are considering a trip to Rangali. Any info would be appreciated. TIA!

i have hard time to upload mutiple pictures...... need a separate post to upload.
Example mar 28 2018, lowest rooms were sold out from conrad.com, lowest available (swv) is almost 1234++ per night.( total $6133 room only). Now This price included singapore air round trip, seaplane transfer, breakfast, travel insurance, etc... 4 nights (2 bv+ 2wv) in cr and 1 night in male, plus some small tokens... also comes with 10% discount for members..... so, 6219 (39200 cny) x0.9= 5597 usd all in.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Still not able to upload other pictures.. will try again in the am.... price above is 19600cny pp, leaving 3/28, arriving CR on 3/30 for first night (overnight in male).And if you choose a cheap airlines, price could drop further, also available different start point, like pek, can etc... pic above showed from pvg. you only need 1 person being chinese citizen. Then the whole group can benefit from it.thats spring break for us, so its super hot time (high season), but probably not so much for chinese....
And for sure, if you pick a low season for hotel, then this deal may not sound attractive anymore. Thus again ymmv. I will upload other pic including contact # when FT allows me......

Last edited by Fly2Where; Feb 2, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:18 am

Sorry a rookie question here, for dinner/meals at Conrad Rangali, do you add the bill total to your room and settle it at check out? I just want to be sure I'm earning Hilton points especially with the Hilton Aspire Card. Much appreciated!!
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Yes, everything is settled at check-out. Enjoy!
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:59 am

Still not able to upload other pictures.. will try again in the am.... price above is 19600cny pp, leaving 3/28, arriving CR on 3/30 for first night (overnight in male).And if you choose a cheap airlines, price could drop further, also available different start point, like pek, can etc... pic above showed from pvg. you only need 1 person being chinese citizen. Then the whole group can benefit from it.thats spring break for us, so its super hot time (high season), but probably not so much for chinese....
And for sure, if you pick a low season for hotel, then this deal may not sound attractive anymore. Thus again ymmv. I will upload other pic including contact # when FT allows me......
If one wanted to leverage this type of deal: when are the high/low/shoulder season periods for travelers from China to the Maldives?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 1:11 pm

High season for Mainland Chinese definitely are Chinese New Year, 1st week of May and Oct 1st week.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
About to start a 12 night WV stay here (all points . So far my experience with HH booking (even as a Diamond) this has been one disaster after another.
Anything I need to do before arrival apart from informing the hotel of my flight details to avoid any further mishaps?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by gallagher
About to start a 12 night WV stay here (all points . So far my experience with HH booking (even as a Diamond) this has been one disaster after another.
Anything I need to do before arrival apart from informing the hotel of my flight details to avoid any further mishaps?
Wow 12 nights....that's fantastic! Why has your experience on booking been a disaster? Lots of info available in thread on restaurants and activities. It may be a good idea to make reservations in advance to some of the popular restaurants (especially for dinners).
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by mileageking
Wow 12 nights....that's fantastic! Why has your experience on booking been a disaster?
It's a very very long story......
I originally made 2 bookings when the Points and Money first became an option. Confirmed before making the reservations that I would not be charged the money element until 15 days before arrival. And could change to points only when I had sufficient.
Unfortunately I was charged US$26k which HH told me to chase the hotel to get refunded. I then needed to ask my CC to raise a charge-back as MDV took too long to refund me.
When asking MDV to change my 2 night booking to 2 x CC Free Night Certs (HH advised me that the hotel needed to do this) they just cancelled the reservation without telling me.
When I eventually had 760k HH points for my 10 night booking HH told me I couldn't change to all points but 'luckily' I wouldn't lose my reservation if I paid US$14k (as this was the price back in December when I amended the reservation to OWV. Also confirmed with HH at the time still happy for me to pay in full with points when I had sufficient).
I then asked the FT HH respresentative to assist .
The hotel confirmed only 2 weeks ago they were happy for me to pay in points. Even then HH suggested I just cancel and rebook. When I informed them I was worried that because the hotel is sold-out I was worried I may lose the room, they just advised me to check the inventory. I then insisted that we (me HH and MDV) all got on one call to sort this. Which did the trick

So a very very stressful few weeks and as a Diamond I would hope for much better service. It transpires that when the hotel is full there isn't an available room to move a reservation to when changing it - so HH cannot assist without the hotel's intervention.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:44 am

gallagher, indeed a long complicated and exhausting booking experience. I'm glad you were able to sort it out on a 3-way call. Now it's all about relaxation and having a wonderful and luxurious experience at one of the best properties in the world. I'm envious on your 12 night stay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.