Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by goliath
Could it be that you are logged in and don't have enough points? Then try logging out and searching again.

What exact dates are you looking for?

And on a side note regarding WVs now being available at the standard points rate: there are even dates where you can not get any BVs on points, but you can get WVs.
You are probably right as my booking at Rangali pretty much sucked my account dry. I didn't know you needed to have the points in hand to see availability. Can you please check availability May 8th-13th?

I wonder if I could contact the management team and ask them to convert part of my stay to a WV for free if there is award availability.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou

You are probably right as my booking at Rangali pretty much sucked my account dry. I didn't know you needed to have the points in hand to see availability. Can you please check availability May 8th-13th?

I wonder if I could contact the management team and ask them to convert part of my stay to a WV for free if there is award availability.
Just did a search, being logged out: Shows availability for beach and water villas for your time frame (May 8th-13th).
I contacted the hotel for my January stay because I didn't want to risk cancelling and rebooking since there is no beach villa availability left for during my vacation. They switched me to a water villa without hesitation (months ago they quoted me 375$/nt for the upgrade). But they did it for the whole 2 weeks, not sure if they let you switch for just part of the trip. Just send them an email and ask, I guess.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jasdou
Weird. I also have a booking for next May so I checked if I could rebook it in a WV instead of BV but I cannot sea any award availability for any date for the next year.
how many points do you have in your Hilton Account? If you dont have enough that could be the reason why you arent seeing availability. I was able to change my booking from a BV to a WV yesterday
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
I've just noticed that Water Villa awards are currently pricing at 95K! They normally price roughly double that as a Premium Award. Make/Amend your bookings quick smart if this is indeed a mistake.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gold_Member
I've just noticed that Water Villa awards are currently pricing at 95K!
You mean you read it on a blog today? I know of one that just posted about it 2 hours ago.
Meanwhile, the info has been here for a couple of days now...

And since the resort is changing existing bookings if asked to do so, it does not appear to be a mistake.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:08 pm

Did the occupancy of OWV change recently? I thought it used to be max 2 adults. Now it says max 3 adults

Maybe I am getting confused with the occupancy of BV which recently increased.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Well thanks for the cynicism Goliath. I don’t always read back through pages of this thread so wasn’t aware, but when I was searching Hilton.com it stood out to me so I thought it would benefit others.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Dia, United Plat
Going for six nights next month. Have 3 days in BV and 3 upgraded to SWV. So many posts say to do both the beach and the OWV, but I'm having a hard time giving up the extra three days in the WV for the same price. Thoughts????
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Gold_Member
Well thanks for the cynicism Goliath. I dont always read back through pages of this thread so wasnt aware, but when I was searching Hilton.com it stood out to me so I thought it would benefit others.
TBPH it's good forum etiquette to search or, in such a case where it's new news, to at least read the last page or so. Imagine if everyone posted this and there were 10, 20, 50 posts all the same bit of news. It would be a nightmare.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:30 pm

I've just spoken to the reservations manager and asked a few questions such as whether this is a promotion or if it's ongoing. She said that as long as there is availability for WVs we can book them with points at the current rate(s), i.e; 95K/N or 76K/N with 5th Night Free. My guess is that if it gets too out of hand they will pull WVs from the 95K/N availability pool but that's only a guess. Second, there are specific upgrade rates for WV > other OWV categories (presumably the rates that they have been using all along) but since those are not published on the wiki and aren't common knowledge I've asked her for both low and high season rates. As soon as I receive the email I will post them here.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by bwh3m
Going for six nights next month. Have 3 days in BV and 3 upgraded to SWV. So many posts say to do both the beach and the OWV, but I'm having a hard time giving up the extra three days in the WV for the same price. Thoughts????
Have you ever been to the Maldives before? Have you ever been in a OWV before and prefer them to a BV? If the answers are yes and yes then give up the BV, otherwise what plan you have already is a good one and I seriously doubt you will be disappointed after you've done the 6 nights as you have it now. We did 4 and 3 (BV & SWV) like yourself on our first trip to Rangali and never regretted it.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:40 am

I contacted the hotel if they can lower my original upgrade quote from beach villa to superior water villa since now the points rate for water villa is the same as beach villa. Here's the response:

Hilton Honors Discounted rate for a Beach Villa is USD 855 + + per night.

Hilton Honors Discounted rate for a Water Villa is USD 1092.50 + + per night.

Hilton Honors Discounted rate for a Superior Water Villa is USD 1425 + + per night.

1425-1092.50 = USD 332.50

Current upgrade supplement from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa is USD 332.50 + + per night. (USD 409.64 per night)

But that is higher than what I originally quoted ($310 excluding tax) and he offered a further discount to USD 300 + + per night (USD 369.60 per night including all the taxes).

we'll be staying in mid-Jan and I checked they have sold out the water villa and superior water villa so not much bargaining power
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:45 am

Anybody else with a Conrad Maldives booking in the near future think that the Hilton Q1 promo is lame?

Spending $5-10k during a single 10-night booking and getting 2,000 bonus points is not generous, to put it generously.

Last edited by lhrhappy; Dec 20, 2017 at 8:46 am Reason: accidentally a word
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Anybody else with a Conrad Maldives booking in the near future think that the Hilton Q1 promo is lame?

Spending $5-10k during a single 10-night booking and getting 2,000 bonus points is not generous, to put it generously.
completely agree; was hoping for another double points promo
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:17 pm

Very lame, but its luck of the draw. Back post GFC and they were doing triple and quadruple points, I was lucky enough to stay at CM Rangali. Earned enough points to havd the entire stay again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.