Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by texmanufan
Not terribly rare. I’ve met several who have. It’s one of the three room categories they like to upgrade to. The wiki really should be updated to reflect this in light of the lengthy space to those who do pay for upgrades.
So it would go something like this? "Complimentary upgrades are sometimes given, with the most common being BV>DBV, BV>WV and BV>RWV."
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Hi everybody,
I have now completed the latest installment in my epic saga:

GUIDE - Eating and Drinking at the Conrad Maldives

If you've been reading my reviews thus far, it'll come as no surprise that I far preferred breakfast at Vilu to Atoll.

My favourite restaurant in terms of ambiance is Mandhoo (and the food is pretty good too)

Ufaa was far better than expected and great value too!

My absolute favourite was room service though. The food was delicious, great value (if you pick the right dishes) and its hard to beat the atmosphere on the deck of a RWV.

Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I don't think I've seen this posted here:

Now there's no excuse for bad holiday pics! Maldives hotel offers an 'Instagram Butler' to help guests take perfect photos (and the results are stunning)
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jermyn
Hi everybody,
Awesome, amazing, stunning and incredible TR. Well Done. Brings back fond memories. Thanks also for posting menus. ^
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Pretty intriguing. Anyone knows if it's a paid service, or complimentary?

Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:51 pm

Jermyn, fabulous as always. We in the colonies have a much easier and less dear way of getting gold (and diamond) status, so your posts are making me very happy that we chose the Maldives over French Polynesia for our next vacation.

Also, cheers on reacquainting yourself with carbs. If not on holiday, when?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:31 am

Good.....but I have to say not as good as Jermyn's pics. He's got the horizon thing down to a T! A couple of those Instagram Butler pics are a little too wonky to blow up and put on a wall.....

Hi everybody,

Professional and entertaining as usual. This, ".....we mostly stuck to white wine and G&Ts..... After a couple of those we were loosened up, to the point where the prices at Ithaa started to seem reasonable" had me LOL.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Best SWV

We upgraded for 6 nights to a SWV, from everything I can gather here it appears 342 should be my first choice and 338,339 the next two. Is that correct?

Also MaldivesFreak and everyone who has posted a review-- thanks for all the information, the wiki and reviews have really helped in deciding what is worth the cost and what isn't.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by JRV62
We upgraded for 6 nights to a SWV, from everything I can gather here it appears 342 should be my first choice and 338,339 the next two. Is that correct?
Right. Enjoy your time there!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
We area at the resort for 5 nights from a Wednesday to a Monday for our honeymoon in early February:

Thinking of doing the following:
Wednesday - Beach BBQ
Thursday - Cheese Fondue
Friday - Wine Cellar Dinner
Saturday - Congratulations Dinner (complementary due to honeymoon?)
Sunday - Ithaa Cocktail Hour

Am I missing anything on the above or is there something that we should absolutely avoid? I've seen good reviews on the Wine Cellar, the Fondue and the Cocktail Hour (as an experience) but haven't seen anything on the Beach BBQ or the Congratulations dinner. Any thoughts on the Lobster & Champagne dinner?

Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
i guess its pretty obvious that, if you know you like to drink a few glasses of champagne, then the lobster/champagne dinner is much better value than the Beach BBQ. We did both, and when you add a bottle of champagne to the Beach BBQ the choice becomes simple. Also, they were doing Ruinart as the champagne with the lobster dinner which is very decent.

so, if you like the idea of dinner on the beach, want some lobster, you know what to do. And make sure to drink a lot
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7
i guess its pretty obvious that, if you know you like to drink a few glasses of champagne, then the lobster/champagne dinner is much better value than the Beach BBQ. We did both, and when you add a bottle of champagne to the Beach BBQ the choice becomes simple. Also, they were doing Ruinart as the champagne with the lobster dinner which is very decent.

so, if you like the idea of dinner on the beach, want some lobster, you know what to do. And make sure to drink a lot
How much does the lobster dinner cost and on which day of the week is it typically held?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:18 pm

Hi everybody,

If you've been reading my reviews thus far, it'll come as no surprise that I far preferred breakfast at Vilu to Atoll.

My favourite restaurant in terms of ambiance is Mandhoo (and the food is pretty good too)

Ufaa was far better than expected and great value too!

My absolute favourite was room service though. The food was delicious, great value (if you pick the right dishes) and its hard to beat the atmosphere on the deck of a RWV.

Thanks for the guide eating and drinking. Image of food looks delicious . Do you mind sharing how much total you paid for food during your stay.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by speedlog
How much does the lobster dinner cost and on which day of the week is it typically held?
Saturdays only. $260++pp.

Originally Posted by rjp123
We area at the resort for 5 nights from a Wednesday to a Monday for our honeymoon in early February:

Thinking of doing the following:
Wednesday - Beach BBQ
Thursday - Cheese Fondue
Friday - Wine Cellar Dinner
Saturday - Congratulations Dinner (complementary due to honeymoon?)
Sunday - Ithaa Cocktail Hour

Am I missing anything on the above or is there something that we should absolutely avoid? I've seen good reviews on the Wine Cellar, the Fondue and the Cocktail Hour (as an experience) but haven't seen anything on the Beach BBQ or the Congratulations dinner. Any thoughts on the Lobster & Champagne dinner?

Thank you in advance.
Looks good. You could take Deepd1ver7's advice and change the Beach BBQ for the Lobster & Champagne dinner (and do the Congratulations Dinner on the Wednesday) but the only thing with that is if it's cancelled due to the weather (not only rain but if it's too windy they won't hold it), you'll have no recourse as you'll be leaving before the next beach dinner is held. What's your plan for dinner on Sunday evening?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:23 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by speedlog
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Saturdays only. $260++pp.
Or $175++ pp without champagne which we opted for. Saved $170++ which is enough for a bottle of Krug Grande Cuvee

Originally Posted by rjp123

Thank you in advance.
Whilst the setting on the beach is gorgeous, we found it better value and probably just as enjoyable going to Sunset Grill and enjoying the lobster main dish there. My wife found the lobster was better prepared/grilled at Sunset Grill as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.