Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by enwhycee
I was just in 342 a few weeks ago.

Is the framing around the front door still loose?

When I was there, basically anyone could push the locked door hard and it would open right up.
Good news, they fixed that... I just hurled myself against the door a few times and it stayed shut ^
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:54 pm

I so envy you being able to hurl yourself at that door.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Time to say goodbye tomorrow.

We're already making plans to return for another 15 or 20 nights around the same time of the year in 2018.

We were given a 3PM late check-out for a seaplane departure around 4PM. ^

We should have around 3.5 hours in MLE before our departure after 7PM. Although lounge access / evening buffet is specifically mentioned as a Diamond benefit in the welcome letter, it took some persuation for our host to book the lounge / buffet for us. We'll see how things work out time-wise in reality - we've never been to the Conrad lounge on departure, so we would be interested to see their evening buffet.

Originally Posted by goliath
And yes, the Wiki should be updated with seaplane transfers now costing $560+ for adults, $280+ for children.
As dolceyoung posted as well, these were the prices we were given in the pre-arrival e-mail. Still, our invoice now shows the "old" (current?) prices of $500+ / $250+. So I don't know when / if prices are going up.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
booked with point for late Feb

Just booked a 5-night with point for late Feb, looking forward to it!!!

We will be arriving MLE at 3:15pm flight from DOH, did anyone take the same flight? will it be early enough to catch the seaplane (was told by sales agent via email that need to report to seaplane terminal by 4pm)

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
We should have around 3.5 hours in MLE before our departure after 7PM. Although lounge access / evening buffet is specifically mentioned as a Diamond benefit in the welcome letter, it took some persuation for our host to book the lounge / buffet for us. We'll see how things work out time-wise in reality - we've never been to the Conrad lounge on departure, so we would be interested to see their evening buffet.
We used the lounge on departure and there were no food items on the buffet, though the "chef" invited us to choose a dish/es to be prepared/cooked on request. I ordered a curry of some sort and it was pretty good.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:37 pm

Time to say goodbye tomorrow.

We're already making plans to return for another 15 or 20 nights around the same time of the year in 2018.
Shame we'll miss you by a little more than 6 weeks. Looks like our stay will begin in late Nov and finish early Jan 2019.

Although lounge access / evening buffet is specifically mentioned as a Diamond benefit in the welcome letter, it took some persuation for our host to book the lounge / buffet for us.
Perhaps the host is new and doesn't know about this. Who is it if you don't mind me asking?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
We used the lounge on departure and there were no food items on the buffet, though the "chef" invited us to choose a dish/es to be prepared/cooked on request. I ordered a curry of some sort and it was pretty good.
As a Hilton Diamond level, I plan to use the Conrad lounge while waiting for my departure flight if it is complimentary offer.

Can you please clarify how you make a Conrad lounge reservation . Did you do it during your stay at Conrad .

Should I send a request for the Conrad lounge now.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
As a Hilton Diamond level, I plan to use the Conrad lounge while waiting for my departure flight if it is complimentary offer.

Can you please clarify how you make a Conrad lounge reservation . Did you do it during your stay at Conrad .

Should I send a request for the Conrad lounge now.
Our host asked us on the departure day if we wanted to use the lounge OR visit the city, as we had originally informed him upon arrival that we wanted to 'see' the city but didn't so - brownie points for our host remembering that. Our luggage was tagged appropriately as well i.e. heading to the lounge.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Just back and there was no need to request lounge use upon departure (I'm Diamond). Seaplane landed around 4 p.m. and they put us in the Conrad van and whisked us to the lounge. Stayed there for a few hours. When we arrived the buffet was just shutting down. The attendant was nice enough to offer to make us anything we wanted. Lounge staff left it up to us to decide when we wanted to head to the airport. We did so around 6 p.m. (for our 8 p.m. QR flight). Really nice set-up, especially compared to past visits.

Last edited by Abidjan; Oct 18, 2017 at 9:35 am
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:49 pm

@ Alanslegal and Abidjan .

Thanks for reply my question. and an update about the lounge access.

I will tell my host to make a reservation of the lounge for us. We flight out late with Singapore, so if we can get an access to Conrad will be a big help.

Have anyone ever stayed over night at Hotel Jen. Conrad agent tells us to book an over night in this hotel. If so, can you please share your inputs.

I upgrade my 5 nights stay to water villa with a very good rate , I hope to get a good room # assign to us.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:05 am

Upgrade timing

Folks,
Do you have any recommendations when is the best time to ask Conrad staff for upgrade? I will be visiting resort in late summer next year, booked it with award points.. sent an email to the hotel before it was booked few months ago asking for the upgrade $ from beach villa to overwater villa and got an email that it's ~$95/night.. then after my response I received "correction" that it's $345/night and $95 was for this year (2017).
I mean $250/night difference is a lot.. does it mean that I should wait until next year to upgrade since it's going to be cheaper?
What's your experience?
Thank You
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by MJJW1985
Do you have any recommendations when is the best time to ask Conrad staff for upgrade?
At check-in. You'll save the most money by not even asking.

It's the same as any other negotiation. If you email them a year in advance with a request full of capital letters and praise for the resort, they'll know they have a live one.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
At check-in. You'll save the most money by not even asking.

It's the same as any other negotiation. If you email them a year in advance with a request full of capital letters and praise for the resort, they'll know they have a live one.
Is there a risk that overwater villa can be "sold out"? I'll be travelling for over a week and it's going to be my honeymoon.. Don't want to be stuck with beach villa...
anyone has any experience with booking at check-in?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Is there a risk that overwater villa can be "sold out"? I'll be travelling for over a week and it's going to be my honeymoon.. Don't want to be stuck with beach villa...
The risk is definitely there. If you don't want to be "stuck" with a BV (just using your words, I would not call it "stuck" ), definitely secure an upgrade before you arrive.

anyone has any experience with booking at check-in?
During our stay in April 2016, we booked the upgrade BV -> RVW "on site" and it worked out for us, but it was only possible for the last 5 nights of our stay. For the dates before that, they claimed that they were sold out - although, we still could have booked that type of villa online.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:27 pm

Another reference point on upgrade prices.
Staying 5 nights end of March 2018 on points and weekend certificates.
Was quoted:
Beach Villa to Water Villa USD294.00 + tax per night additional.
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa USD367.00 + tax per night additional.

Went back to ask about the $210 that's mentioned in the Wiki, but no luck on that and came back with these are the rates. Still deciding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.