Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dr0832
Yeah the problem is that Holiday Inn has no availability on the two days prior to the weekend and I am of course using free weekend certificates for Conrad, so that means I can only book the IHG after. Is there a different resort you would suggest that doesn't require another $500 sea plane. A couple hunded boat transfer is fine? I am looking to spend about $1000 for 2 nights including food and this is for next month.
The Sheraton Full Moon might work but I stayed there once and it was
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by dr0832
Yeah the problem is that Holiday Inn has no availability on the two days prior to the weekend and I am of course using free weekend certificates for Conrad, so that means I can only book the IHG after. Is there a different resort you would suggest that doesn't require another $500 sea plane. A couple hunded boat transfer is fine? I am looking to spend about $1000 for 2 nights including food and this is for next month.
You mean swap the Conrad for something else? Or do you mean taking a boat from the Conrad to another resort close by?

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Oct 15, 2017 at 11:13 pm
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by freeloader
Currently here... wow. This place is amazing. Thank you all (esp MaldivesFreak) for all the info you posted. It helped me get the best villas and hit the ground running on all activities

our SWV is not in that bad of shape, room 342 it looks great. Definately not that wear and tare

oh bte ithaa serves breakfast now. Basically it's a contential breakfast with a glass of champagne. It was in the mid-$100s (I think $160++, I can get he exact price if anyone is interested)

loving life right now! If anyone sees us at happy hour or tea say hi!!
I was just in 342 a few weeks ago.

Is the framing around the front door still loose?

When I was there, basically anyone could push the locked door hard and it would open right up.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by goliath
Here are some pics of the construction site for the new underwater villa. Supposedly, the villa itself is being built completely by the manufacturer in Singapore (same company as Ithaa back in the day) and then brought here by ship to be lowered onto the foundation they are building now - in February next year, if I remember correctly.
Thanks a bunch!

Originally Posted by alp67
I never read the upgrade figures in the wiki properly but did today and would like to share mine which I got in Jan 2017 for our past stay in Feb 2017:

Beach Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - USD280++ taxes per night
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa - USD385++ taxes per night
Beach Villa to Premier Water Villa - USD980++ taxes per night

I think the BV to RWV is far less than what's in the wiki for high season, right?
We booked the DBV offer but where upgraded to DWV instead.
Does this happen regularly?
Yes. Thanks for the post. I have added the data to the wiki. And DBV -> DWV isn't very common at all. You were very lucky. I guess they may have overbooked the BVs or DBVs.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:36 am

Wiki update

Have gone through the last 20 pages of the thread and updated the wiki with upgrade prices for 2018. It was getting a little messy with 2018's prices in with this year's. Now they are separated into 2018, 2017 and 2016. I may have missed something so if anyone notices a mistake or wants to repost their 2018 rates that haven't been included please let me know.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by enwhycee
I was just in 342 a few weeks ago.

Is the framing around the front door still loose?

When I was there, basically anyone could push the locked door hard and it would open right up.
Did you mention it to engineering?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:06 am

Answers are here

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Re: Barry Lincoln's review, take a look at this pic and see if you can see what I can see. Something out of the ordinary.

Answers are here. The deck and pool look like they are warped, the horizon a little in the opposite direction.

And what's different in this pic (taken last month) from any pic taken of the same area, say, a year or 18 months ago.

As for this one, the foilage cover is right the way across the third island and it looks a whole lot better and far more natural. Before they had only planted a few trees and the buildings were clearly visible between them.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:34 am

hello all,
our family (me, hubby and our 4-yr old) is planning to spend our vacation in this hotel during Christmas time. We booked the BV by points. I am a little surprised that the hotel wrote to me and ask for 150++ per night child charge as they said the room by point is based on 2 adults only. I am wondering if this is normal and whether this charge can be waived. this is going to be quite some additional cost for us
meanwhile, the seaplane is quoted at 560++ per adult now...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:36 am

Those prices are all standard. Are you a Gold or Diamond Hilton member?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dolceyoung
our family (me, hubby and our 4-yr old) is planning to spend our vacation in this hotel during Christmas time. We booked the BV by points. I am a little surprised that the hotel wrote to me and ask for 150++ per night child charge as they said the room by point is based on 2 adults only. I am wondering if this is normal and whether this charge can be waived.
Never heard of this, nor paid for it on 3 stays on points with a child so far.

I assume have entered 2 adults and 1 child in your search and you paid the price for that (in points).

Neither points nor cash rates change when you try searching for 2 adults vs. 2 adults + 1 child. You can take printscreens of that to back up your claim that the child should be included in the price you have been quoted.

And yes, the Wiki should be updated with seaplane transfers now costing $560+ for adults, $280+ for children.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:02 am

Those prices are all standard. Are you a Gold or Diamond Hilton member?
I am diamond
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:03 am

I assume have entered 2 adults and 1 child in your search and you paid the price for that (in points).

Neither points nor cash rates change when you try searching for 2 adults vs. 2 adults + 1 child. You can take printscreens of that to back up your claim that the child should be included in the price you have been quoted.

And yes, the Wiki should be updated with seaplane transfers now costing $560+ for adults, $280+ for children.
thank you I will try to ask for a waive
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:01 am

I plan to upgrade from beach Villa room to Water villa room for my entire stay .

From MaldivesFreak's note, my understanding is For standard water villa, The best room I should request is 330, follow 325 to 327 or at least to get the corner room because these corner rooms will have the best unobstructed view.

I plan to request a corner room in the sunset side ( 330, 325 or 327). is it a good choice. Will I able to see some fish swim around in water of these villa. I would love to get a room in Superior water villa section next time .

If you have stay at water villa section, can you please advise and confirm which room # I should request for Water villa room category.

Thank you.

Last edited by vnfilm1; Oct 16, 2017 at 3:14 am
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:04 am

You mean swap the Conrad for something else? Or do you mean taking a boat from the Conrad to another resort close by?
I meant taking a flight back from the Conrad to Male and then a boat to another resort relatively close by.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:57 pm

The Hilton T&C explicitly states that a points booking is for the member and one other guest only. The resort stipulates a fee for every extra guest (adult or child) and that's stated in the room rate brochures / PDFs that they used to give out.
Whether they've a) changed their policy and are requiring this to be paid on a regular basis, or b) insist on this over Festive Season, is yet to be determined. I think that in this case there's a good chance it's the latter rather than the former.

Consider it done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.