Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:46 am

You don't need to adjust your timetable. Just tell the resort a week in advance that you want to take the domestic flight (presumably both ways?) and they'll arrange it.
What is it about the seaplane flight that you aren't keen on?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
You have to take the seaplane, c'mon man!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Yup. Might be 30 degrees and a bit noisy inside the aircraft but it's a unique experience and the views due to the (low) altitude they fly are amazing.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Yup. Might be 30 degrees and a bit noisy inside the aircraft but it's a unique experience and the views due to the (low) altitude they fly are amazing.
That shower in the departure lounge sure helps. Big time. I wore disposable clothes on the plane, took a shower, ditched the smelly clothes and left fresh!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goliath
I'm sure you can send them an e-mail and they will set you up for your preferred option.
You don't need to adjust your timetable. Just tell the resort a week in advance that you want to take the domestic flight (presumably both ways?) and they'll arrange it.
What is it about the seaplane flight that you aren't keen on?
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Originally Posted by saaveraward
That shower in the departure lounge sure helps. Big time. I wore disposable clothes on the plane, took a shower, ditched the smelly clothes and left fresh!
Thanks for all the replies!

General aversion to very small planes / spaces, even if the experience is unique. I do recognize the planes to the nearby airport aren't much bigger (Q200 or Q300) but I've flown those a few times so I'm more familiar and okay with them.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Thanks for all the replies!

General aversion to very small planes / spaces, even if the experience is unique. I do recognize the planes to the nearby airport aren't much bigger (Q200 or Q300) but I've flown those a few times so I'm more familiar and okay with them.
I'm with you. Took a "pill" on the way out. On the way back, knew what to expect and didn't even need it. Glad I had the experience in retrospect.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Took a "pill" on the way out.
Did you take the red pill or the blue pill?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:22 am

Re: Barry Lincoln's review, take a look at this pic and see if you can see what I can see. Something out of the ordinary.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Sep 21, 2017 at 9:31 am
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:23 am

And what's different in this pic (taken last month) from any pic taken of the same area, say, a year or 18 months ago.

Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: AC SE
And what's different in this pic (taken last month) from any pic taken of the same area, say, a year or 18 months ago.

Waves? Clouds? Boats? See floor dropping much more suddenly in your picture compared to Barry Lincoln's?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:44 am

We Out Here

Checked in today. Got upgraded to DBV.

This place and room are incredible.

We had a blast in Sri Lanka all week. If this stay in even half as much fun, this honeymoon will indeed be a success!

Thanks for the tips everyone!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
Waves? Clouds? Boats? See floor dropping much more suddenly in your picture compared to Barry Lincoln's?
Waves? Clouds? Erm, you're kidding, right? And JICYWW, answers are no, no, no and no.
"And what's different in this pic (taken last month) from any pic taken of the same area....." I was not comparing the two pics I posted. I was comparing the same area at Rangali from a year or 18 months ago.

Originally Posted by enwhycee
Checked in today. Got upgraded to DBV.

This place and room are incredible.

We had a blast in Sri Lanka all week. If this stay in even half as much fun, this honeymoon will indeed be a success!

Thanks for the tips everyone!
Congrats and wish you a happy honeymoon!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Dia, United Plat
Waves? Clouds? Erm, you're kidding, right? And JICYWW, answers are no, no, no and no.
"And what's different in this pic (taken last month) from any pic taken of the same area....." I was not comparing the two pics I posted. I was comparing the same area at Rangali from a year or 18 months ago.
So what was out of the ordinary / different? Very curious.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
yeah - outside of possible new deck furniture in photo 1, I'm stumped.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:02 pm

No takers yet, huh? I'm surprised.

Clues:
Photo 1: I admit, "Something out of the ordinary" is indeed pretty vague, so here we go with something a little more specific: the ___, ___ ___ and ___ look like they are ___ but they aren't
Photo 2: Sorry, no clue yet. Should be too easy for the repeaters

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.