FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   $1,200 per Night for a Hampton? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/775966-1-200-per-night-hampton.html)

illinifan Jan 6, 2008 8:38 pm

$1,200 per Night for a Hampton?

I booked the Hampton in Juarez Mexico for Jan. 7 for two nights. Got a rate of $99 per night. Went to electronically check in today and noticed the rate was $1,120.50 per night for a total with tax over $2,400 for two nights. Called the Diamond desk, was informed the rate was correct for a standard room. While I like earning HHpoints, this is slightly above company policy:D:D After a long discussion, the D desk finally understood. Changed rate to $120.50, will argue when I get to the hotel.

It seemed that someone put in an extra digit. I thought everything was computerized and thus impossible to make an error. Anyone else seen anything like this?

Camino1 Jan 6, 2008 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by illinifan (Post 9018881)
I booked the Hampton in Juarez Mexico for Jan. 7 for two nights. Got a rate of $99 per night. Went to electronically check in today and noticed the rate was $1,120.50 per night for a total with tax over $2,400 for two nights. Called the Diamond desk, was informed the rate was correct for a standard room. While I like earning HHpoints, this is slightly above company policy:D:D After a long discussion, the D desk finally understood. Changed rate to $120.50, will argue when I get to the hotel.

It seemed that someone put in an extra digit. I thought everything was computerized and thus impossible to make an error. Anyone else seen anything like this?

System is programmed to recognize all Illiini fans. :D

alik19 Jan 6, 2008 9:30 pm

I would have guessed it was quoted in local currency (Pesos). What is the exchange rate now?

edta450 Jan 6, 2008 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by alik19 (Post 9019144)
I would have guessed it was quoted in local currency (Pesos). What is the exchange rate now?

Good call. 1 USD=11 peso so $99~1100 peso.

OverpaidSlacker Jan 6, 2008 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by edta450 (Post 9019185)
Good call. 1 USD=11 peso so $99~1100 peso.

Wow, the US Dollar is still more valuable than the Mexican Peso?

Fiumicino Jan 6, 2008 10:50 pm

...and they also use the $ sign down south, even if quoted in MXP currency

Dovster Jan 6, 2008 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Fiumicino (Post 9019440)
...and they also use the $ sign down south, even if quoted in MXP currency

I didn't realize that Malpensa has its own currency, much less that they use it in Mexico.

SJC1K Jan 6, 2008 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster (Post 9019502)
I didn't realize that Malpensa has its own currency, much less that they use it in Mexico.

MXP is the currency code for MeXican Pesos.

Fiumicino Jan 6, 2008 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster (Post 9019502)

Sorry, I meant MXN http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MXN

SJC1K Jan 7, 2008 1:29 am

Originally Posted by SJC1K (Post 9019621)
MXP is the currency code for MeXican Pesos.

Oops! I missed the fact that the ISO 4217 currency code had changed when Mexico redenominated the peso. :o

KathyWdrf Jan 7, 2008 3:50 am

Originally Posted by illinifan (Post 9018881)
...It seemed that someone put in an extra digit. I thought everything was computerized and thus impossible to make an error...

:confused:

Computerization doesn't make errors "impossible." Human beings write the computer programs and human beings enter the data. Human beings still sometimes make mistakes in either process. @:-)

Of course, in this case it's actually a moot point, since the rate was apparently denominated in Mexican pesos anyhow. No mistake after all! Much ado about nothing!!! ;)