Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Earn 5 Honors points with Amex promotion: Expired??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD

I got a flyer in the mail today that says if I go to www.americanexpress.com/hhfivepoints and enter a code, I will get 5 points per dollar spent on my HHonors Amex from Dec 15 to Jan 15.

But when I go there, it says the promotion is expired? Any thoughts?
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Based on the web page when I clicked through it looks like you had to register by Nov 15, 2007 to qualify.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I get the same page; but the flyer I got in the mail says Dec 15 to Jan 15. And I just received it 2 days ago.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 7:54 am
Suspended

I assume that meant a bonus of an extra 5 pts per $1, as its been standard practice for the Amex HH to give 5 pts per $1 on Hilton stays all along. Aswell as for Gas,supermarkets,CellPhone,Drug Stores etc
Old Dec 14, 2007, 7:58 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by craz
I assume that meant a bonus of an extra 5 pts per $1, as its been standard practice for the Amex HH to give 5 pts per $1 on Hilton stays all along. Aswell as for Gas,supermarkets,CellPhone,Drug Stores etc
As a new AMEX holder, we were wondering, how do they grade Walmart? DO they deliniate between crap and food since groceries are 5 per dollar?
Old Dec 15, 2007, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by etsmyers
As a new AMEX holder, we were wondering, how do they grade Walmart? DO they deliniate between crap and food since groceries are 5 per dollar?
Who said anything about Walmart?

I don't know specifically about the Hilton AMEX, but every other credit card that I've seen (including other AMEXs) that gives more points for "groceries", that's shorthand: what they actually give more points for is for "stand-alone grocery stores". Ie, Safeway/Vons or Kroger/Ralph's or Winn Dixie (and maybe even 7-11) counts, a superstore like Walmart which has groceries as a subset doesn't count.

Similarly, it's stand-alone gas stations (so Costco doesn't count) and stand-alone drug stores. (Although drug stores inside stand-alone grocery stores do count, and in my experience with other cards, 7-11s combined with gas staitons both may count. )
Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:16 pm

Link works now but asks for a RSVP code I don't have
Old Dec 16, 2007, 1:13 pm

Targetted. I tried to log in in lieu of the RSVP code and I'm not eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.