Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Naples Grande Beach Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2007, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

I'm here for a meeting and was told at reception desk that the hotel was purchased by Hilton.

I wish that they were accepting HHonors points and miles now
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Are there any trip reports for this property? I am looking at it vs. the Hilton Marco Island for an extended weekend this summer.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: HH, Diamond
Looking for the same Trip report Info?

Last edited by aj_25; Apr 17, 2009 at 1:26 pm
Old Apr 11, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Fan of Hilton Marco Island and the new Naples properties look nice, but I would suggest checking out the low summer rates at the Ritz Carltons (I know not Hiltons) in Naples.
Old May 1, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: HH, Diamond
Nobody has stayed there yet?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Naples Grande Beach Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Trip Reports and Reviews

I just finished a stay at the newly aquired Naple Grand which is now part of the Waldorf collection. Rate was $94 plus $20 resort fee,
Check in was a breeze. No hhonors line. Was given the choice of a free movie or discounts at the spa or golfclub. Was also upgraded to a signature gulf view room on the highest floor.
Room was spacious with a nice balcony overlooking the gulf. Bathroom had seperate garden tub and walk in shower. Flat screen TV and amenities in the bathroom from the Clear Collection. Nice room and everthing was upscale.
Property has 3 pools with the main having a water slide. Access to the beach was handled via golf carts, which ran every 5 min. Cabbanas were available as were many activities for the kids. The beach here was great. Of course it is the Gulf of Mexico so what would you expect!
On site dining was good. Breakfast buffet was extensive and enjoyable. For dinner there is a Strip House steak joint on the property. Very pricey, but well worth it.
Overall a very nice stay. I will be going back in July when rates are as low as $75 a night^ Great bargain considering when you stay 3 nights the 4th is free!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
I just finished a stay at the newly aquired Naple Grand which is now part of the Waldorf collection.

Rate was $94 plus $20 resort fee

Good deal!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul

Good deal!
And as I said before, they are now offering nights at $74 a night!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
And as I said before, they are now offering nights at $74 a night!
It seems rather desesperate for W=A to offer such fares for what is supposed to be the upper luxury brand of the Hilton group
Old Jun 10, 2009, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by nicolas75
It seems rather desesperate for W=A to offer such fares for what is supposed to be the upper luxury brand of the Hilton group
I'm a bit suprised to see anyone on FT complaining about a rate being too low and watering down the brand! I think most here would be jumping at the chance to get a good deal. Florida prices seem to be taking a hit with the economy and we are heading into summer which is also not the high season in Florida.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by christianj
I'm a bit suprised to see anyone on FT complaining about a rate being too low and watering down the brand! I think most here would be jumping at the chance to get a good deal. Florida prices seem to be taking a hit with the economy and we are heading into summer which is also not the high season in Florida.
I am not complaining
I am just saying that Hilton tries hard to build a luxury brand, but offers prices of Motel 6.
Can we really expect great service of this brand on the long term if it slashes prices? I am not sure.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I am not complaining
I am just saying that Hilton tries hard to build a luxury brand, but offers prices of Motel 6.
Can we really expect great service of this brand on the long term if it slashes prices? I am not sure.
I must say that I was a little hesitant when I went, because my last couple of stays at Hilton properties had been a little rough, but I am very happy to say service at this property was superb. I will be going back in July. $99 a night including buffet breakfast.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:49 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback, I've been tempted to make it down there but the 4 1/2 hour drive is offputting but positive reviews are nice!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WBurcham
Thanks for the positive feedback, I've been tempted to make it down there but the 4 1/2 hour drive is offputting but positive reviews are nice!
Wow! thats how long it takes me to get there. You anywhere close to Ocala? Those $74 rates are worth the drive.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 3:30 pm

Naples Grande Beach Resort

Hello everyone-- I couldn't find anything too recent on this property because it just joined Hilton not too long ago. Anyone have the lowdown on the hotel or info on benefits for Diamond members? As always, thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.