Hilton Surfers Paradise {AUS}

Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Recently completed a 5-night stay here before heading to the Brisbane Hilton as had not toured this area before.

Although location is right, the bar noise level is terrible (and I don't have a sufficient area to tattoo for anyone to think I'm a local)

Would not return to this area for any reason
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:09 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Srisarin
Recently completed a 5-night stay here before heading to the Brisbane Hilton as had not toured this area before.

Although location is right, the bar noise level is terrible (and I don't have a sufficient area to tattoo for anyone to think I'm a local)

What floor were you on? I was on 14th floor and was not disturbed at all. Perhaps lower floors are problematic. And if you are in the residences (floors 16-55 = above the hotel) then I would be surprised if noise is an issue.

Or maybe I am going deaf
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:16 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by escape4
What floor were you on? I was on 14th floor and was not disturbed at all. Perhaps lower floors are problematic. And if you are in the residences (floors 16-55 = above the hotel) then I would be surprised if noise is an issue.

Or maybe I am going deaf
We were on the top floor. They moved us to a residence on a 44th floor...
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:13 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4

Or maybe I am going deaf
Residences are in both towers, which means they go quite low, and I had noise issues on a lower floor street facing in the non hotel tower. Poorly built and designed.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Srisarin

By your post on the Brisbane Hilton thread you had complimentary limo pick up from the airport. I am not meaning to imply anything just curious by the statement as you do not fly between the two as far as I know unless you went somewhere else first.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Am wanting to book an executive room, but just wanted to check I'll be able to take my 2 year old daughter in to the lounge?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by brenrox
Am wanting to book an executive room, but just wanted to check I'll be able to take my 2 year old daughter in to the lounge?
I have not been to this hotel but as far as I know all Australian Hiltons allow kids in the lounge.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by ozztraveller
I have not been to this hotel but as far as I know all Australian Hiltons allow kids in the lounge.
Thanks for the prompt response!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
The Chinese owner of this property has put this up for sale with one of the clauses being having the ability to reflag. So it may not be a Hilton for long.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:24 pm

Children are catered for in the lounge, at least they were earlier this week. Not surprised to see it for sale for the third time, the whole development has been an example of how not to build a new hotel, be it design, layout or residential mix, and the poor quality shows in street noise that can be heard in the room at any level.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:51 am
jxd

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
The Chinese owner of this property has put this up for sale with one of the clauses being having the ability to reflag. So it may not be a Hilton for long.
Good riddance i would say. This property doesn't belong in Hilton. Doubletree maybe but definitely not Hilton.

The awful blue tint on the window makes the room feel really dull and dark. I really hated it.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jxd
Good riddance i would say. This property doesn't belong in Hilton. Doubletree maybe but definitely not Hilton.

The awful blue tint on the window makes the room feel really dull and dark. I really hated it.
in that case i will not buy this hotel lol
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:53 am
Suspended

I am considering visiting either Hilton Surfers Paradise or Crowne Plaza. I wonder if you guys can help me to choose.

In the days I intend to stay, the Hilton Residence is much cheaper than the main hotel. As a Diamond, do you get lounge if you book into the Residence? And Breakfast?

What would Crowne Plaza like compare to Hilton in terms of noise level? Thanks!
Old Dec 25, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
I am considering visiting either Hilton Surfers Paradise or Crowne Plaza. I wonder if you guys can help me to choose.

In the days I intend to stay, the Hilton Residence is much cheaper than the main hotel. As a Diamond, do you get lounge if you book into the Residence? And Breakfast?

What would Crowne Plaza like compare to Hilton in terms of noise level? Thanks!
You get full lounge access inc Breakfast as a residence client, its just closer to the noise and a pain to use give. The different keys and tower access. The CP will be a lot quieter but it is a lot further away from surfers in terms of shops etc, being located around half way between Surfers and Broadbeach. Voco may be a good alternative, being located at the south end of Sufers, smack bang outside a tram stop like the other two, yet without noise issues, rooms are comparable to the CP.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by markis10

You get full lounge access inc Breakfast as a residence client, its just closer to the noise and a pain to use give. The different keys and tower access. The CP will be a lot quieter but it is a lot further away from surfers in terms of shops etc, being located around half way between Surfers and Broadbeach. Voco may be a good alternative, being located at the south end of Sufers, smack bang outside a tram stop like the other two, yet without noise issues, rooms are comparable to the CP.
Thanks. Reading the review here it seems the main hotel has more noise due to the fact that hotel occupies floor 14 and below. So are you saying the residence has more noise? Thank you for your input! Have not considered Voco due to vague elite benefit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.