Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can Someone Else Use My Hilton Honors Number So That I Can Get Points?

Old Jun 23, 02, 11:49 am
Original Poster

A co-worker of mine told me that he books rooms in his name (using his Diamond status) for family and friends. This way they get the Diamond benefits (upgraded rooms, free breakfast) and he gets the points/nights.

Is this legal? Well legal according to Hilton rules of course. The thing to note is that he is not there with his family and friends during the stay.
Old Jun 23, 02, 1:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Is this legal?</font>
Of course not.
Old Jun 24, 02, 3:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zakami:

Is this legal? Well legal according to Hilton rules of course. The thing to note is that he is not there with his family and friends during the stay.
</font>
No and it dilutes the value of diamond.
Old Jun 24, 02, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It's legal for your spouse if you set up a mutual account
Old Jun 24, 02, 5:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chix:
It's legal for your spouse if you set up a mutual account</font>
Does Hilton allow husband and wife to have 1 HH account number, regardless if they are there at the same time?
Old Jun 24, 02, 6:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IK in Seattle:
Does Hilton allow husband and wife to have 1 HH account number, regardless if they are there at the same time?</font>
HHonors Mutual Fund.

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 06-24-2002).]
Old May 19, 06, 7:07 am

points for someone else's stay?

my wife and i are planning a trip for her parents, and i'm curious if i pay for their hotel (through my hilton amex, of course) whether i can get the points for their stay.

i know i could have gifted them a stay, if i had enough points, but i'm not even close.
Old May 19, 06, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
The points go to the "guest". That said, if your name is on the reservation, you would be the "guest". Unless it's many points, I'm not sure I would bother with the ruse.
Old May 19, 06, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
The points go to the "guest". That said, if your name is on the reservation, you would be the "guest". Unless it's many points, I'm not sure I would bother with the ruse.
also not only does it go to the person actually staying but that same person has to be the one oaying also.

what you might try is put your name on the res and give them your CC, hopefully they wont ask for Pic ID. But more likely then not, it aint worth doing.

about the only time Ive done something like that (with another Chain of cause) is when a friend wanted the other couple going with them to be upgraded and near them. Well it worked all except that the rooms ended up on different floors & in different buildings.

besides that if Im gonna be visiting a friend who is staying more then 1 night, then they will put my name on the res also and make 2 different res , 1 for each night so taht we each get a Stay Credit. Of cause you have to trust the person as I had to pay for 1 of the nights and have him give me back the $$ later.
Old May 19, 06, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
I've done it where the reservation was in my name, and my father was on there as a second guest. He paid, but points went to my account without a problem.
Old May 19, 06, 9:22 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
I've had hit or miss with this. At the Jamaica Hilton, I tried to get my wife a reservation on my name with her added on, but they wouldn't buy it (though my wife did get a nice fruit plate in the room and breakfast every day for my diamond status -- no points, though).

But last week, she stayed at a DT in Charlotte and she got the free breakfast, an upgrade, and I got the points.

So I'd go for it.
Old May 19, 06, 9:40 am

I just did it for my uncle...changed his reservation so that my name was the primary reservation holder & he was the secondary. It worked out since I had to pick him up from the hotel, so I just changed the cc on file & the 50K points (double points, cc bonus points, etc) in a few days!
Old May 19, 06, 10:34 am

Programs: Peon in all
Recently, my sister was traveling, but I made the res and put my HH# on the res. (I did not accompany her.) Upon her return, I noticed the 10K posted to my account!
Old May 19, 06, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
Originally Posted by the_traveler
Recently, my sister was traveling, but I made the res and put my HH# on the res. (I did not accompany her.) Upon her return, I noticed the 10K posted to my account!
Same has happened to me -- made a res for my wife through my HHonors page online, did not accompany her, she paid, but the points/stay credit posted to my account. Minor error in my favor which in my mind compensates for past missing stay credits I never took the time to chase down.
Old May 19, 06, 10:53 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
Minor error in my favor which in my mind compensates for past missing stay credits I never took the time to chase down.
Way to justify!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: