Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Old Oct 30, 2009, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
looks like the garden inn saket in delhi is almost open....their start date is the 23rd of november & i got a call from them this morning asking me to come by & have a look at the hotel next weekend....i've made a reservation in the first week of december for a friend who is coming to delhi....will post more once i have seen the hotel....
Old Jan 7, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Any Hilton property in South India?

I am trying to find if there is any Hilton properties in South India - Chennai, Bangalore, Kerala etc.,? I was able to find one at Chenna i - Guindy, which is scheduled to be in operation in 2nd quarter.

Is Oberoi a part of Hilton in Bangalore?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:38 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
The Trident properties had been branded with Hilton until 2007 or so, and then for a couple of years HH had no presence in the country. Now they are beginning a fresh beachhead- IIRC there is an HGI open for business in the DEL area- but so far it looks to be slow and uninspiring.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
there are a dozen properties that are supposed to open in india within the next couple of years....but as of now there is a garden inn that is open in delhi....another hilton is due to open in delhi later this month....& the hilton in chennai will open later this year....there is no more news on the other properties at the moment....
Old Jan 8, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Thanks for the info. It's sad that such a big chain doesn't have much option in a big country like India.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kay_jay
Thanks for the info. It's sad that such a big chain doesn't have much option in a big country like India.
they had a very good presence when they had tied up with the oberoi group....but when that relationship ended all of a sudden in 2007, india was left with no hiltons for over 2 years....now hopefully they should once again have a good number of properties within the next few years....
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC E, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
New Hilton in DEL

Originally Posted by saad
there are a dozen properties that are supposed to open in india within the next couple of years....but as of now there is a garden inn that is open in delhi....another hilton is due to open in delhi later this month....& the hilton in chennai will open later this year....there is no more news on the other properties at the moment....
When I checked into the new HGI in DEL on the 13th I was told that the Delhi Hilton was opening in 2 days which means that the hotel should be open tomorrow.

PJB
Old Jan 14, 2010, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACePJB
When I checked into the new HGI in DEL on the 13th I was told that the Delhi Hilton was opening in 2 days which means that the hotel should be open tomorrow.

PJB
i know someone who works for the hilton new delhi & according to her the hotel is not taking reservations till the 1st of march....
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: AC E, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
i know someone who works for the hilton new delhi & according to her the hotel is not taking reservations till the 1st of march....
that's correct, I mentioned this to the front desk staff when he told me the hotel would open in two days, his reply was yes this is true until they actually open the doors no reservations. I have a few days in Bangalore and Mumbai and will return to Delhi on the 18th at which time I'll see if I can book a stay at the Hilton vs HGI.

PJB
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Hilton HHonors
We're hoping to score a couple free nights at a Hilton in India. We want to travel there now that our daughter has come back from a fabulous six months there!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ginteralaska
We're hoping to score a couple free nights at a Hilton in India. We want to travel there now that our daughter has come back from a fabulous six months there!
there is only a single hilton property in india at the moment....the garden inn delhi opened in december last year....another hilton opens up in delhi next month & then there is one in chennai due to open by the end of this year....if you will be spending some time in delhi then the garden inn is a good option....
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K [0.280MM since Feb 25, '02], UA Red Carpet Club, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
there is only a single hilton property in india at the moment....the garden inn delhi opened in december last year....another hilton opens up in delhi next month & then there is one in chennai due to open by the end of this year....if you will be spending some time in delhi then the garden inn is a good option....
Bummer! This thread has explained something that I have been wondering about and had wanted to inquire about at some point in the future. I am planning to attend a conference in Jaipur in December, and had Googled "Hilton Jaipur" to see if there were any Hilton properties there. Something called Hilton Trident came up except that it did not seem to be a 'bookable' Hilton property. Because the trip is still quite a bit away, I did not pursue the matter. Reading this thread has provided the answer. Nice to know that there is now an HGI in Delhi, should I wish to spend some time in the city as I hope to...
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dcshungu
Bummer! This thread has explained something that I have been wondering about and had wanted to inquire about at some point in the future. I am planning to attend a conference in Jaipur in December, and had Googled "Hilton Jaipur" to see if there were any Hilton properties there. Something called Hilton Trident came up except that it did not seem to be a 'bookable' Hilton property. Because the trip is still quite a bit away, I did not pursue the matter. Reading this thread has provided the answer. Nice to know that there is now an HGI in Delhi, should I wish to spend some time in the city as I hope to...
It's been a few years now since the Trident hotels have unfortunately parted ways from the Hilton hotels affiliation. For a while they were some of the best redemption values in the world when it came to using Hilton points.

I used to use the Trident Jaipur a lot, because it was such a great deal on points.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K [0.280MM since Feb 25, '02], UA Red Carpet Club, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's been a few years now since the Trident hotels have unfortunately parted ways from the Hilton hotels affiliation. For a while they were some of the best redemption values in the world when it came to using Hilton points.

I used to use the Trident Jaipur a lot, because it was such a great deal on points.
The Jaipur Trident did look like a great property in the "Pink City", as an Indian yellow cab driver in NYC, who'd told me a bit about the city, had referred to it. Double bummer! I might still stay there even if it is not a Hilton property, depending on how accessible the conference venue would be from there.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
i have been checking the respective hotel websites all year & the info keeps changing every few months....but like i said before, this info has changed so many times over this year that i have no faith in what they tell me....
Understand that Hilton is the champ when it comes to delayed openings.

I typically add one year to when they say they will open.

In the current economic climate--you may want to add two years to the stated date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.