Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2006, 6:17 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'll get to India one of these days, great to see all the properties. ^

Out of curiosity, anyone know what western chain has the most properties in India?

--
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:27 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I'll get to India one of these days, great to see all the properties. ^

Out of curiosity, anyone know what western chain has the most properties in India?

--
I beleive Starwood.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 2:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by zakami
I beleive Starwood.
I think you are correct, although I don't know how many BestWestern or ChoiceHotels are in India. Starwood has IIRC around 20 and ICHotelsGroup has c. 13. Hilton currently only has the 8 (referenced back when this thread was started).

Taj Hotels, although being an Indian international brand at the higher end, has more hotels under management that fall into the higher-end category than anyone else in India today. Oberoi, another Indian brand at the higher end, has a number of hotels around Starwood's count or a count between Starwood and Taj.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 3:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I think you are correct, although I don't know how many BestWestern or ChoiceHotels are in India. Starwood has IIRC around 20 and ICHotelsGroup has c. 13. Hilton currently only has the 8 (referenced back when this thread was started).

Taj Hotels, although being an Indian international brand at the higher end, has more hotels under management that fall into the higher-end category than anyone else in India today. Oberoi, another Indian brand at the higher end, has a number of hotels around Starwood's count or a count between Starwood and Taj.
I have stayed at Oberoi in Delhi..truly an upscale hotel. Three hotels, belonging to the Oberoi Group, have been ranked among the top ten hotels in Asia, by an US-based travel magazine.

The Oberoi Udaivilas in Udaipur has been ranked the fifth, Amarvilas in Agra was ranked the seventh and Rajvilas was ranked the eight best hotel in Asia, by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
My only worry is that: will they honor the Golds from the USA with the Gold benefits?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by anaggie
My only worry is that: will they honor the Golds from the USA with the Gold benefits?
Why wouldn't they? We've always had Gold and Diamond benefits on our stays at Trident Hiltons in India, including award stays.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 2:08 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, ET Gold, M&M FTL, UA Silver, EY Silver, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Why wouldn't they? We've always had Gold and Diamond benefits on our stays at Trident Hiltons in India, including award stays.
My experience at the Hilton Mumbai Towers then was atypical then I guess. I had a 1-night stay there. No recognition by the staff that I was a Diamond member, no upgrade, free breakfast or anything else. It is a nice hotel though - I asked for a taxi to pick me up at the airport, and there was someone who met me at the baggage claim (as opposed to having to try and read your name from the 2000 or so people holding signs in the arrivals hall). And although they said they had my HH number, I had to put in a missing stay request. So, YMMV...
Old Nov 22, 2006, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by amenachem
My experience at the Hilton Mumbai Towers then was atypical then I guess. I had a 1-night stay there. No recognition by the staff that I was a Diamond member, no upgrade, free breakfast or anything else. It is a nice hotel though - I asked for a taxi to pick me up at the airport, and there was someone who met me at the baggage claim (as opposed to having to try and read your name from the 2000 or so people holding signs in the arrivals hall). And although they said they had my HH number, I had to put in a missing stay request. So, YMMV...
No Diamond recognition, as was your experiences, is not the way it's supposed to be. Did you complain?
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hilton plans to build 75 hotels and serviced apartments in India in a venture with DLF Ltd, a real estate company owned by billionaire Kushal Pal Singh.

Hilton yesterday said it will build its Hilton Hotels and Hilton Garden Inn brand in India, a move made possible by its US$5.7 billion purchase of UK-based Hilton Group. The venture will initially build 20 hotels in cities including Chandigarh, Chennai, and Kolkata to cater to business travellers, it said.

On a side note, Hilton CEO Stephen Bollenbach also said they are planning to open 100 hotels in China in the next 3 to 5 years.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by beacon88
Hilton plans to build 75 hotels and serviced apartments in India in a venture with DLF Ltd, a real estate company owned by billionaire Kushal Pal Singh.

Hilton yesterday said it will build its Hilton Hotels and Hilton Garden Inn brand in India, a move made possible by its US$5.7 billion purchase of UK-based Hilton Group. The venture will initially build 20 hotels in cities including Chandigarh, Chennai, and Kolkata to cater to business travellers, it said.

On a side note, Hilton CEO Stephen Bollenbach also said they are planning to open 100 hotels in China in the next 3 to 5 years.
It's great that this is happening. (A shortage of international-standard hotels is increasingly a huge issue in India's largest cities.)

Maybe they'll convert his house into a hotel too. Just kidding. (Actually it wouldn't work too well, for neighbor would be the leasees who are the C.G. of Monaco -- on the same property -- and the main house isn't laid out to make for an easy conversion.)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=18

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621510
Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Travel Weekly also says

"Hilton will join with Delhi-based DLF Ltd. to open the hotels under a variety of Hilton brand names, including Hilton Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Hilton Residences.

DLF will hold 74% of the joint venture and Hilton, which will manage the hotels, will hold the remaining minority stake.... (Hilton is expected to invest up to $143 million as its part.)

Hilton said the joint venture will initially involve 20 hotels in cities including Chandigarh, Chennal and Kolkata; a large number of the initial properties are expected to be Hilton Garden Inn properties, Hilton said."

A much greater spectrum of Hilton family propertie sin India! ^
Old Dec 1, 2006, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
This is great news.

One thing India, like so many other Third World countries, lack is decent 5* hotels.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nollag
This is great news.

One thing India, like so many other Third World countries, lack is decent 5* hotels.
India has got a good number of national/international chain so-called 5* properties. What India really lacks is a national chain presence in the market for so-called 3* & 4* properties inside India. (This lack of known chains in the proper 3* & 4* categories in developing countries is what is more of an issue across the less developed parts of the world than an absolute lack of decent 5* hotels.)
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:58 pm

India 5 stars hotels are very expensive, indeed good to hear that they are adding more properties to this country.

Are there any nice resorts in India? Like the Bali, Phuket or Hawaii.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:12 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, ET Gold, M&M FTL, UA Silver, EY Silver, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
No Diamond recognition, as was your experiences, is not the way it's supposed to be. Did you complain?
I should but I haven't yet... Especially since my stay came through as if I had spent $9 and not the $470 that I had actually spent...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.