Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Houston - Downtown {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Houston - Downtown {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Arrow Embassy Suites Houston - Downtown {US-TX}

From the September 22, 2007 edition of the Houston Chronicle:

Sept. 22, 2007, 1:52AM
Park attracts a hotel tower
Developer plans a 22-story Embassy Suites downtown near Discovery Green, an area growing in popularity

By NANCY SARNOFF
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

American Liberty Hospitality expects to start construction on the 250-room full-service hotel by next summer after it receives final approval for its franchise from Hilton Hotels Corp. and secures financing. The opening is scheduled for the first quarter of 2010.

Full Article Here
This will be a great Hilton family addition to downtown Houston. The address for the new Embassy Suites is 1515 Dallas (cross street is LaBranch), about a block from the Hilton Americas, and about three blocks from the George R. Brown Convention Center. The hotel will also be adjacent to the new Discovery Green park, scheduled for completion in 2008. Also within a 5-6 block radius are the Toyota Center, Minute Maid Park, Main St. Square, and the new Houston Pavilions retail and office development, currently under construction.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 9:37 am

Downtown Houston needs more hotels ASAP. This is in a great location.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Yes, I agree about the need for more hotels in Downtown Houston. This is the second major hotel project to be announced in the last 60 days; the first is the Omni, which is going in the building formerly occupied by the Sheraton Lincoln, which is directly across Louisiana St. from the Hyatt.

The Houston Chronicle also speculates that La Quinta will be building near Minute Maid Park. While that probably won't be as big of project, it's still a price point that isn't readily available in Downtown Houston, and would help add some diversity to the hotel market there.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Thrifty, National, Marriott
One hopes that more hotel rooms in downtown will equal lower prices! Meanwhile, the old Day's Inn sits empty. If there is so much demand, you wonder why they don't rehab that property!
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDDoug
One hopes that more hotel rooms in downtown will equal lower prices! Meanwhile, the old Day's Inn sits empty. If there is so much demand, you wonder why they don't rehab that property!
Tell me about it. There was a proposal to renovate it into condos a few years ago, but that went nowhere.

The former Sheraton, soon to be Omni has been vacant for about 20 years now. And the old Whitehall, which was reopened as a Crowne Plaza a few years ago, sat vacant for at least 10-15 years. Maybe something will happen with the old Holiday Inn/Days Inn. At the very least if it can't be converted into something useful, imploding the thing and leaving an empty lot would be less of an eyesore than the current condition of that structure.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Embassy Suites PLAN Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown

I will be staying at this hotel for 4 nights, starting from this Wednesday night.

What do you think of this hotel? I have stayed at several Embassy Suites Hotel in USA, and both in Canada. How does this hotel compare with those hotels. (the most frequent hotels I have stayed it the Embassy Suites in Chicago next to the Sheraton, and the one in Montreal).

What are the non-car/non-taxi/non-uber options of travelling between IAH (terminal A, which Air Canada uses) and this hotel?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
What are the non-car/non-taxi/non-uber options of travelling between IAH (terminal A, which Air Canada uses) and this hotel?
Well you've struck most of the options If you want to take the bus, it's probably a ~1 hour journey for $1.25. The 102/IAH Express picks up outside Terminal C, so you'll need to get there from A. If you don't have a checked bag, just take the skyway to C and exit the terminal there. If you have a checked bag, you have to go down to the basement and take the landside connector once you get your bag. The bus goes from IAH to the Downtown Transit Center so you'll just want to watch for your street and walk a few blocks. It's not a too bad of a bus ride, I've done it multiple times.

I can't speak to the hotel, but that's a good location in Downtown Houston. Nice park with a bar/restaurant right across the street. Hearsay is a very good trendy/new American restaurant right there.

Any more specific questions I'm happy to help
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
I stayed there a few years ago and was happy with my stay. It seems to be a large property, breakfast was really crowded with long waits on Sunday morning. They have a complimentary shuttle for that area of town, but you're probably better off ubering this weekend.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by adambrock
I stayed there a few years ago and was happy with my stay. It seems to be a large property, breakfast was really crowded with long waits on Sunday morning. They have a complimentary shuttle for that area of town, but you're probably better off ubering this weekend.
I will probably walk.

Is the shuttle a regularly scheduled to go to certain stops in the downtown area, or is a shuttle available upon (specific) demand, in terms of time of departure and location of destination. Does this shuttle also pick you up in downtown?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Considering booking this hotel for a roadtrip down to Houston in June, any DPs treatment for Diamonds compared to the other Hilton's in the area?

I'm going to a baseball game at Minutemade field so this looks like a good location that's walking distance from the stadium.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I used to stay here as a Diamond quite a bit. They really don't have any better rooms than the standard except the rooms facing the front with a view of Toyota Center. Those rooms have some nice windows in the living room and I was getting upgraded to that without asking quite a bit. Otherwise, nothing else special as Embassy Suites already has their standard offerings that apply to everyone, including complimentary alcohol during the evening reception. I forget if you could get well drinks as well. I think so, or at least some special they may have for the night.

The Hilton Americas is right across the street and has a lounge with a decent breakfast and view. Evening reception offerings are simple. It's not worth extra cost over the Embassy.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:58 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I will be in this hotel next week. How is the breakfast buffet, bearing in mind I am used to Europeans ones ? Is it good or should I plan to stock from Phoenicia ?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
upcoming stay and my first time with Embassy Suites, just wondering if there is daily housekeeping like a regular Hilton ?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by wantan
upcoming stay and my first time with Embassy Suites, just wondering if there is daily housekeeping like a regular Hilton ?
Also looking at a future stay here.

Why would you think there wouldn't be daily housekeeping? Never been in a hotel that doesn't have daily housekeeping, although I have recently seen an opt out for daily housekeeping starting to appear. But never a total ban on daily housekeeping.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Also looking at a future stay here.

Why would you think there wouldn't be daily housekeeping? Never been in a hotel that doesn't have daily housekeeping, although I have recently seen an opt out for daily housekeeping starting to appear. But never a total ban on daily housekeeping.
My experience with certain long-stay brands, where there is a minimum night requirement.

Looking through the pictures of this property, there is no Kitchenette ? Only a separate sink + microwave in the room ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.