Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Your two choices are not either overlooking loud Ocean Avenue or partial/full ocean view. We had the "courtyard" view which was in the East Tower, just before you crossed over to the West, so it was very central. No, it didn't have any view (except for greenery) but it was very quiet.

Does the Bentley have any 2 queen or double rooms with a sofa? That might be the only way to accommodate 5 people barring the very expensive 2br penthouse suite.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:05 am

Just finished a 4N stay at the property with my family of 5. I booked a standard room and applied my FNC to the lsat night. We got the offer of booking a suite for $45/night and I took it to (hopefully) more guarantee getting a suite. Upgrade went through and we got a courtyard suite with 1 king bed and a living room sofa bed (plus a crib). No issues and got our diamond breakfast plus we got a deal for the kids. All in all, had a great time. My only complaint is that service at the pool was slow. I had to chase people down to place an order.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Haven’t stayed at this property since 2011

Any stays recently during COVID situation?

Love Georgio’s Greek restaurant in the hotel and the Prime Italian restaurant
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:14 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by buckeye91

i would imagine someone will beat me to it, but I have a stay booked from 11-5 to 11-9 and will report back
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

Is the greek place where the Cuban restaurant was?

I'm thinking of doing a get away to a warm climate Thanksgiving weekend and will be my first flight post-covid. Was wondering if businesses in the area are open and if the pool is open.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 8:12 pm

The Greek place was there last January when we were there. It's at the very back of the property, overlooking the pool. It provides the breakfast and also the beachside food service.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 4:11 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Is the greek place where the Cuban restaurant was?

I'm thinking of doing a get away to a warm climate Thanksgiving weekend and will be my first flight post-covid. Was wondering if businesses in the area are open and if the pool is open.
Yes, Santorini by Giorgios. My wife is Greek. It’s one of our favorite Greek restaurants in the US. The Italian Prime restaurant also inc the building is owned by Prime 112 across the street and Prime Fish about a block away. We’re going to spend one night at the Hilton Bentley and 2 nights at the Ritz. I called the Ritz and they told me most everything is open. FL and Miami-Dade have been reducing restrictions over the last couple of weeks.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:58 am

Another place we ate at while there, if you're looking for something much more casual, is the Lobster Shack. I'm an ex-New Englander so I was thrilled to get a lobster roll. They've got a lot of different sandwiches, etc. They're just a couple of blocks south of the hotel. There are a few table inside but we brought the food back to our suite.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:36 pm

Yes, Santorini by Giorgios. My wife is Greek. It’s one of our favorite Greek restaurants in the US. The Italian Prime restaurant also inc the building is owned by Prime 112 across the street and Prime Fish about a block away. We’re going to spend one night at the Hilton Bentley and 2 nights at the Ritz. I called the Ritz and they told me most everything is open. FL and Miami-Dade have been reducing restrictions over the last couple of weeks.
TRY
MILOS A few blocks away -great greek seafood --(I live in Greece 9 months and my wife is greek too )
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
We also like La Locanda (Italian) at 419 Washington Avenue; Joe's Stone Crab at 11 Washington Avenue; and the Front Porch located in the Z Ocean Hotel on 14th and Ocean. All are very good and each has reasonably priced items on the menu. Certificates for the Front Porch are always available on Groupon and are a great value.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
FAR from fine dining and a hole in the wall, but Las Olas on sixth has amazing cuban food.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by SPLP007
TRY
MILOS A few blocks away -great greek seafood --(I live in Greece 9 months and my wife is greek too )
Yes, have gone to that Milos. Also Milos in Las Vegas and in the Hilton in Athens, Greece. All good with great grilled octopus
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:15 am

We had a great stay this weekend. Unfortunately it was cut short a couple of nights due to Tropical Storm Eta, but the hotel was terrific to work with in rebooking the nights. The hotel still has that smaller, boutique feel compared to other Hiltons which we like. We booked The 2 Bedroom Penthouse which was absolutely spectacular. It is recently renovated with stunning panoramic ocean views. With the private hot tub/pool on the roof, it has to be one of the best suites in Miami. Lots of great service touches as well. Highly recommend this for anyone looking for a splurge, and I can certainly answer any specific questions about the suite. Diamond breakfast worked well as a $40 credit for two, which covered our breakfast both mornings from the menu. You can breakfast eat in the restaurant outside, inside with well distanced tables, or order up to the room. Service all around was great, very attentive on the beach. The food from the Greek restaurant was very good, with standouts including the jumbo grilled prawns and the burger. We also enjoyed Prime 112, which is right across the street from the hotel - steaks were perfectly cooked. Looking forward to returning.
River in Sight and buckeye91 like this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Michael19887
We had a great stay this weekend. Unfortunately it was cut short a couple of nights due to Tropical Storm Eta, but the hotel was terrific to work with in rebooking the nights. The hotel still has that smaller, boutique feel compared to other Hiltons which we like. We booked The 2 Bedroom Penthouse which was absolutely spectacular. It is recently renovated with stunning panoramic ocean views. With the private hot tub/pool on the roof, it has to be one of the best suites in Miami. Lots of great service touches as well. Highly recommend this for anyone looking for a splurge, and I can certainly answer any specific questions about the suite. Diamond breakfast worked well as a $40 credit for two, which covered our breakfast both mornings from the menu. You can breakfast eat in the restaurant outside, inside with well distanced tables, or order up to the room. Service all around was great, very attentive on the beach. The food from the Greek restaurant was very good, with standouts including the jumbo grilled prawns and the burger. We also enjoyed Prime 112, which is right across the street from the hotel - steaks were perfectly cooked. Looking forward to returning.
Thanks for keeping your word and reporting back! Did you see the Kardashian’s? I think that was their penthouse suite at one point.

Heading there soon as a Lifetime Diamond member and hoping for a suite upgrade

How was the noise? Your experience may have been different since you had the penthouse suite
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:55 am

Thanks for keeping your word and reporting back! Did you see the Kardashian’s? I think that was their penthouse suite at one point.

Heading there soon as a Lifetime Diamond member and hoping for a suite upgrade

How was the noise? Your experience may have been different since you had the penthouse suite
No Kardashian sightings, but the front desk mentioned that Khloe always stays in that suite when she comes to Miami. For noise, it wasn’t bad at all. With COVID, I think the beach side might have been quieter than in the past. When we ate at Prime 112, we sat outside on the patio on Ocean Drive and there were still a lot of cars/people/bikes going by. It may still be loud on a lower floor if you are right over Ocean Drive. I would imagine if you are LD and they have availability they will upgrade you, they seem to treat diamonds pretty well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.