Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Curacao {CUW} (no longer Honors)

Hilton Curacao {CUW} (no longer Honors)

Old Feb 22, 2005, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
When I visited Curacao last year I stayed at the Kura Hulanda in Willemstad. I cannot recommend it enough. It has to be one of the best values for the service and ammenities that are provided. Even though the don't have a beach on-site, they provide free shuttle service to a private beach right next to the Hilton. I visited the Hilton for lunch one day that I was using the beach and I was not impressed by the service, grounds, and general atmosphere. I would stay clear of the Curacao Hilton.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 22, 2005, 7:16 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Wow, I was considering going to the Curacao Hitlon, and even had it booked - but had to change plans. Based on what's been said here I don't think I'll bother.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta GM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat
Anyone been to the Hilton Curacao?

I'm thinking of redeeming a VIP GLON to stay at the Hilton Curacao in May 2006. Anyone know anything about Curacao and/or this Hilton? Thanks.

-Steph
Old Oct 25, 2005, 6:17 pm

I spent a week on Curacao 2 years ago November. As you will read in some of the past threads, it is an older property, but not to say it was a bad stay. I was upgraded to a larger room which was very clean and comfortable. Only down side (and this is strictly my personal opinion), I felt 6 days was too long to stay on this island...
Old Nov 12, 2005, 10:38 pm

Hilton Curacao

Quick summary note:

We stayed 11/2-11/8 and had a pretty good time.

Internet is $15 for 24 hours but seemed to work fine once you paid for it.

Be prepared for high phone costs if you have to work while you're there, even 800 numbers are costly. Mr. techlady used VoIP when he had to make calls.

Restaurants - didn't try Cielo, the Italian restaurant. The Beach Grill is just what you'd expect - sort of slow, outside, burgers and a really strange chicken caesar salad. Lunch for 2 adults, 2 kids was about $48 USD. Yellowbird is the main restaurant. Breakfast buffet is fine. People tend to linger over coffee. The food in the evening is also fine but the service can be glacial. The staff are very nice though!

We had a nice oceanfront room which also overlooked the band - nice to hear the music without being at the bar.

Diving off the small beach was very good - plenty of fish, nice variety of depths to dive, quick swim back to shore. Dive shop was accomodating but typical island prices for extras. We didn't try to dive off the other beach; there was no point in lugging the gear over there.

We didn't use any of the kids services, so no comment there.

HHonors benefits - we received our free water bottles, nip bottle and chocolates. There's no breakfast coupons so you just have to make sure that the front desk staff know you're Gold or Diamond and they'll remove the charges before the final bill. (No express check-out.)

Overall, every staff member was pleasant and set out to help us. We received info on restaurants, beaches, crowding at the beaches, driving directions, etc.

There's a Budget car rental desk there - very handy as our initial car was extra, extra tiny. We were fine with it as our luggage arrived 24 hours after we did. We did have to rent a larger car for the return trip to the airport.

Pool was very nice. There's a small gift shop. If you read a lot, bring books or be prepared to read the NYT best seller trade paperbacks top 10. That seems to be the entire English book list on the island.

Security: There's card key access for the floors, even just to run the elevator up to your room. There's plenty of discreet security guards usually one on the beach and two at the guard house.

The executive floor is in the process of being finished. I think they'll have a lounge but I may have misunderstood that.

-techlady
Old Jan 29, 2006, 9:00 am

Curacao Leaving?

Thinking about a trip to Curacao. Go to hilton.com select country and Curacao is not there. What's up with that? Anyone hear anything?
Old Jan 29, 2006, 10:44 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Originally Posted by eDiveBuddy
Thinking about a trip to Curacao. Go to hilton.com select country and Curacao is not there. What's up with that? Anyone hear anything?
The address is messed up in the system.

Hilton Curacao
John F Kennedy Boulevard
Willemstad, No Country 2133
599-9-462-5000

Here's the direct link for you, http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=CURHIHI
Old Jan 29, 2006, 1:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Try this: http://www.hiltoncaribbean.com/curacao/
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:11 am

Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:51 am

Thumbs up Hilton Curacao Trip Report

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending 15 nights at the Hilton Curacao in February 2006. We had booked an ocean front room, which is really worth it for the view. All the staff care about their guests always taking the time to greet us when they saw us.

We spent one night on the 4th floor, then the remaining 14 nights on the 5th floor which is the executive level. Peter Webster the manager of this nice hotel gave us a tour of the soon to be completed executive lounge. It will be spectacular, the corner suite chosen for the executive lounge, has an incredible view. If you need the internet, you will be able get 20 minutes of access for free in the lounge. I believe the executive Lounge opened in March. It is also to have an aquarium.

As a Diamond I was interested to see what kind of treatment we would receive.From the outset I must say we were very impressed with the all the staff. Everyone we came into contact with was very upbeat, sincerely friendly, and genuinely eager to please.

The reception area is a large breezeway with wonderful trade winds which always keeps you comfortable. (By the way the Marriott does not get this wonderful trade wind breeze, so you feel the heat more). I just looked at the website and it states the executive floor has its own check in and out.
The hotel has two beaches, one in front of the reception area, the other a beautiful walk along the coastal path, it was called Parasasa Beach and we really enjoyed our days on this beach. Just a short walk in the water from the Parasasa beach you will be on the Marriott beach.

All rooms have their own balcony. They either face the ocean or the island, which also includes the main entrance and the parking lot. I really think you should pay the extra for Ocean View.

The executive Rooms have an honor bar, which consists of a small fridge. We received daily turn down service, and the housekeepers were excellent.
Because the executive lounge was not open yet we were given the full breakfast buffet every morning at the Aqua Restaurant, and it was very complete. Besides the typical trays of sliced meats and cheeses, the other western style breakfast items, there are bowls of tropical fruits.

There is one very large free form pool with many areas overlooking the ocean.

There is a Living Well Health and Beach Club which has a fitness center overlooking the ocean. It offers complementary fitness as well as aerobic classes at the pool. The hotel provides a daily activity sheet.

Near the fitness center is “Kidz Paradise” which is an activity center especially geared for toddlers and Grade Schoolers (no extra fee). They have a wonderful fenced in play area with lots of playground equipment.

There is a scheduled shuttle into town. You must reserve your space on the shuttle at the front desk.

Keeping in mind Hilton Curacao is a Category 4 not a 6. We were impressed with this property and enjoyed it immensely and would recommend it highly! We would return in a heartbeat.

Many thanks to Peter Webster and his wonderful staff for a memorable holiday!

Last edited by Margk; Apr 18, 2006 at 9:00 am
Old Apr 18, 2006, 9:13 am

Thank you!
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by SRenaeP
I'm thinking of redeeming a VIP GLON to stay at the Hilton Curacao in May 2006. Anyone know anything about Curacao and/or this Hilton? Thanks.

-Steph
WE stayed there for 15 nights in Feb 06. WE really liked this property. Be sure to pay for Ocean View it is worth it. Look for my trip report for more details.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:47 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
hilton curacao

My wife, then 3 year old son, and I stayed at the Hilton Curacao using points in March of 2005 for 10 nights and absolutely LOVED it. The hotel itself is older (it just looks like one big cinder block), but the rooms are all in the process of being remodeled (if they haven't all been already). The outside grounds are beautiful. There are 2 beaches. The one in front of the hotel is small, but it's perfect if you have little ones - little to no waves, soft, white sand, always a beach chair to be had. And the beach bar / grill is right there too (maybe a little too convenient). And make sure to rent a car, as there is plenty to see and do on the island. Some gorgeous beaches that you just have to check out. 10 nights was perfect for us...and we've already made reservations to return next month for 11 nights this time.

It was a prefect, relaxing vacation for all of us which is why we're going back. Curacao is relatively undiscovered (at least to Americans), so it's not nearly as developed as nearby Aruba. IMHO this is a good thing. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised with Curacao...
Old Dec 25, 2006, 1:01 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
curacao -- no 2 dbl bed rooms available using points....ever?!?!?

This will be our third year in a row going, but for some reason no matter what 10 night stretch I try (we're talking anywhere between now and next September), the Hilton res. website is telling me only King rooms are available. Now I'm having a REALLY hard time believing that every single 2 bedded room (we traveling with our 5 year old thus the desire for 2 beds) is totally booked for the next 9 months. I haven't had any issues in the past getting a reward room with 2 beds at this property, so I'm really hoping this is simply a website issue. Anyone else ever experience this? (No...I haven't called yet...but plan to). Also...let's just assume every 2 bed room is gone. Any chance they'd give me a king room with a roll-away, or does that violate some obscure hotel policy somewhere?
Old Apr 17, 2007, 8:25 am

Any recent stays here? I am really interested-this property seems to get good and bad reviews.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.