Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors double points 10/1-11/30

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt, HH, IHG, SPG, AA, WN
Tried registering for the promotion a week or so ago when this thread started and was denied. Received the postcard yesterday and tried again. Bingo! It worked. My only question is that since I did not register by Oct 1, will I get credit for the charges posted prior to registration? We had some big dental bills paid for on the first. I did not see mention on the postcard or online about that possibility.

By the way, our last name is later in the alphabet. We had been charging about 3K to the card per month and for the last couple of months it was down to 1K.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 7:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Thank you all for posting important data points. It helps even though I never seem to be a target. (I think the only time I was, it was a Citi Visa offer and I got 7.5k for so many stays. ~1yr ago.)
Old Oct 4, 2007, 8:03 pm

Programs: Marriott -Plat. Hilton -Diamond
I am HH Gold, and probably only spend $3K - $4K a year on this card which most of it has been company wireless charges... and I was able to get in on the promotion.

With all the money that I see so many people spend on that card in a month, I can't blame them for limiting the bonus to 20K... but hey, an extra 20K is 20K more than I would have gotten without the promo!

Hopefully a few of you couples have more than one card and can split up your purchases!
Old Oct 5, 2007, 4:21 am

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
I am HH gold and got the promo. Spending on the card is when I stay at Hiltons, etc. and my cable bill. My spending hasn't changed in the last year. Nice to receive as I just got over the $30,000 amount for my Starwwod card.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I got it. HH Gold, solely due to Amex spending in early 2006. I was planning on cycling through the HH Amex again beginning on Jan 1, 2008 - ensuring Gold through 2010 - but what the hell...I just swapped out my SPG Amex with HH Amex for the next 60 days. 6 HH > 1 SPG.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 4:21 pm

Programs: hilton diamond, hyatt platimum,best western diamond elite
just got the promotion...i had stopped using my card very much..maybe that's why i got targeted
Old Oct 6, 2007, 7:57 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BOGO
Tried registering for the promotion a week or so ago when this thread started and was denied. Received the postcard yesterday and tried again. Bingo! It worked. My only question is that since I did not register by Oct 1, will I get credit for the charges posted prior to registration? We had some big dental bills paid for on the first. I did not see mention on the postcard or online about that possibility.

By the way, our last name is later in the alphabet. We had been charging about 3K to the card per month and for the last couple of months it was down to 1K.
On the last promo I got it late and it seems that my bonus points were from the time of registration. For this promo I'm also at the end of the alphabet and got mine before it started (first time this ever happened). Seems it might be targeted first to people where spending was possible close to get to 20K but they were slightly shy based on average spending. I'm also wondering if the staggered cards are also based on how many people register because they have a certain quota they don't want to exceed.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by BOGO

It should not matter. My last name starts with a "T" and I received the postcard about 10 days ago.

alextktan
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Hotel Rewards

Originally Posted by brahms77
No email for this HH Gold VIP with HH Plat AMEX. Once I reach Diamond, I am staying elsewhere!
Marriott Rewards program is NOT any better excluding most elite members for their current summer breeze promo.

Best to rotate between a few programs and stay at the hotel that gives you a promo at that time.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: hilton-Diamond, ba, Cunard-Platinum
A little late!

I got my invite today Oct. 6th. That cuts a week off the elegability period. My guess is that not enough people responded to their invite, so they asked more folks.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 4:41 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by cfischer
I am wondering if I will get it after I made good use of the summer promo cashed in 15k extra points . I hope I do get it!
I was also targeted for the summer - cashed in over 25,000 extra points since it coincided with several Hilton stays. Surprised, but happy, to just receive this offer too.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:25 pm
Original Member

HH Diamond, got the promo (snail mail). Spend on card varies between $500 - $2000 / mt.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:02 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Just got my AMEX Statement....

and got the usual 5X/3X points posted for purchases and NOT the 10X/6X points as offered in the promo. Looked for the T & C for bonus points posting and could not find when bonus points are supposed to post.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:11 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
and got the usual 5X/3X points posted for purchases and NOT the 10X/6X points as offered in the promo. Looked for the T & C for bonus points posting and could not find when bonus points are supposed to post.
Invite says "bonus points will be posted to your Hilton HHonors account 10-12 weeks after the end of the promotional period"
Old Oct 27, 2007, 8:02 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Thanks

Originally Posted by msv
Invite says "bonus points will be posted to your Hilton HHonors account 10-12 weeks after the end of the promotional period"

I'll calm down now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.