Search

Honors double points 10/1-11/30

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2007, 8:53 am

I'm a gold and got the offer.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:08 am
une

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Is there anything that one can do to be entered into a promotion like this, or is it just luck and/or magic on the Amex part?
Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
I'm currently HH gold and got the same postcard offer today. Perhaps it's because I had been Diamond and have stayed less in recent months.....
Old Sep 24, 2007, 6:59 pm

I checked online via

https://www109.americanexpress.com/d...hhdoublepoints

and I am targeted! Yeh, haven't got targeted for a long time.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
HHonors Gold and HHonors AMEX... no postcard, tried to register for the promotion with my login and was denied.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 8:56 pm

out of random luck, my amex qualified. but this language struck me:
"...you can earn double Hilton HHonors bonus points on virtually every dollar you spend."

no terms and conditions, no idea what doesn't count. hmmm...
Old Sep 25, 2007, 6:31 am

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
No love for me either via the link...
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:19 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
Originally Posted by kathiel
Just curious, did any Diamond members get this promotion? Wondering if even the credit card has us listed as non-targets.

I am a HH Diamond and got the double points offer from AmeX in the mail yesterday. For the last 3-4 years I have been spending around $3000 per month on the card for business expenses. Earlier this year I paid off the card balance and now rarely hit $300 -$400 per month spending due to my company now picking up most of my expenses.

My theory is that I was targeted because I once was a decent spender, but slacked off for 6-months, thus the double points offer. Any one else in this boat?
Old Sep 26, 2007, 6:35 am

I got the offer via snail mail postcard, already registered. Will come in handy for early xmas shopping this season. I am a gold.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:54 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Got this promo yesterday by mail. Note it says it's limited to 20,000 bonus points. Which IMHO isn't very much considering the earning ratio.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Yea! got it in the mail today.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 5:03 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Just tried the link; it says I'm not qualified. That means I'll continue charging my $3-5k monthly spend to my Starwood Amex.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 5:24 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Just tried the link; it says I'm not qualified. That means I'll continue charging my $3-5k monthly spend to my Starwood Amex.
Then AMEX still wins, doesn't it - and it didn't cost them a dime in bonuses ;-)

Last edited by MilesTalk; Sep 27, 2007 at 5:45 pm Reason: sp
Old Sep 27, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by boeing727
I am a HH Diamond and got the double points offer from AmeX in the mail yesterday. For the last 3-4 years I have been spending around $3000 per month on the card for business expenses. Earlier this year I paid off the card balance and now rarely hit $300 -$400 per month spending due to my company now picking up most of my expenses.

My theory is that I was targeted because I once was a decent spender, but slacked off for 6-months, thus the double points offer. Any one else in this boat?
I am, and I am not targeted.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by kathiel
Just curious, did any Diamond members get this promotion? Wondering if even the credit card has us listed as non-targets.
Just curious - how do you think Amex would know if you (or anyone else) had Diamond status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.