Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New (targeted???) Year long promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K

I have sworn off Hiltons for(ever?) due to some recent BAD experiences and NO response from DD...but anyway...I received a promo today and wanted to let the general population what I had the opportunity to earn.

Stay from 9/1/07 to 8/31/08....28 stays/60 nights I think...get a choice of a few items....50K HH points, some other things...

Then...stay 40 total stays/75???nights (I forget the levels...but know it was 28/40 stays) and get 100K HH points, $250 gift cert to adventure seekers something, 20% off a bed, etc!

So....too bad I cant GIVE this promo to anyone, as it is a good way to make 150K HH!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm a Diamond and received the same offer. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it or not but I'm going to give it a try.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:03 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by tmcbride
I'm a Diamond and received the same offer. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it or not but I'm going to give it a try.
was it an email or just on your HH profile messages?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:06 pm

It was an email

This year, we want to spoil you! We don’t make offers like this to just anyone, but you’re one of our very best guests, and we’re giving you two exclusive opportunities to earn premier rewards for continuing to stay with us.

You could increase your point balance with up to 150,000 HHonors bonus points, give yourself a better night’s sleep, or even experience the thrill of a high-power stock car on the track.

And you don’t have to do a thing except continue to stay at the Hilton Family of Hotels between September 1, 2007 and August 31, 2008. We’ll send you an email each time you reach one of the thresholds below and let you know exactly how to choose your reward. It’s our way of saying “thank you” for being so loyal.

Let the indulgence begin!

After 28 stays, 60 nights, or earning 100,000 Base points, you can choose from:
50,000 Hilton HHonors® bonus points
5,000 bonus airline miles*
4 Delta Crown Room Club® one-visit passes
20% off a purchase (excluding mattresses) from any one of the following:
Hilton to Home®
Doubletree® at Home
Hampton® Home Collection

After 40 stays, 80 nights, or earning 150,000 Base points, you can choose from:
100,000 HHonors bonus points
10,000 bonus airline miles*
20% off the purchase of a mattress from a participating Hilton family brand. Choose one of the following:
Hilton Serenity mattress
Sweet Dreams® by Doubletree®Sleep Experience mattress
Hampton® Cloud Nine mattress
The Hilton Garden Inn® Garden Sleep SystemTM by Natural FormTM mattress
A $250 Signature Days** Gift Card, valid for use toward thousands of unique and exciting experiences nationwide (including skydiving, wine tasting, and many more)
Visit hiltonfamily.com or call 1-877-4HHW-VIP and start on your way to earning these great rewards by booking a stay today.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:13 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by tmcbride
It was an email

This year, we want to spoil you! We don’t make offers like this to just anyone, but you’re one of our very best guests, and we’re giving you two exclusive opportunities to earn premier rewards for continuing to stay with us.

You could increase your point balance with up to 150,000 HHonors bonus points, give yourself a better night’s sleep, or even experience the thrill of a high-power stock car on the track.

And you don’t have to do a thing except continue to stay at the Hilton Family of Hotels between September 1, 2007 and August 31, 2008. We’ll send you an email each time you reach one of the thresholds below and let you know exactly how to choose your reward. It’s our way of saying “thank you” for being so loyal.

Let the indulgence begin!

After 28 stays, 60 nights, or earning 100,000 Base points, you can choose from:
50,000 Hilton HHonors® bonus points
5,000 bonus airline miles*
4 Delta Crown Room Club® one-visit passes
20% off a purchase (excluding mattresses) from any one of the following:
Hilton to Home®
Doubletree® at Home
Hampton® Home Collection

After 40 stays, 80 nights, or earning 150,000 Base points, you can choose from:
100,000 HHonors bonus points
10,000 bonus airline miles*
20% off the purchase of a mattress from a participating Hilton family brand. Choose one of the following:
Hilton Serenity mattress
Sweet Dreams® by Doubletree®Sleep Experience mattress
Hampton® Cloud Nine mattress
The Hilton Garden Inn® Garden Sleep SystemTM by Natural FormTM mattress
A $250 Signature Days** Gift Card, valid for use toward thousands of unique and exciting experiences nationwide (including skydiving, wine tasting, and many more)
Visit hiltonfamily.com or call 1-877-4HHW-VIP and start on your way to earning these great rewards by booking a stay today.
nothing like that for me for a long time...
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:26 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
arggh

Originally Posted by bello
nothing like that for me for a long time...
why dont i get these offers...

Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, AA EXP
I got the email too. I am shocked - in a good way! I had never gotten the good promos in the past (I did get 1 a year or so ago after asking several times). I don't know if it matters, but for the past 4+ years I was at about 200+ nights a year at Hilton properties, however in the past 4 or so months I had only 2 or 3 night total. So perhaps, they are trying to get me back? For whatever reason, it worked and I'll be spending a little more time at Hilton now.

My question though, after 28 stays you get 50,000 points (or the other choices), then 40 stays the additional 100,000 points - is that 40 Additional stays over the 28 or only 12 addiitonal stays over the 28 to get the last 100,000 points??
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:51 pm

I believe it is an additional 100,000 because it does mention a total of 150,000 in the email
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
I guess I've stayed with them too many times this year .
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:59 am

so no associated promo code? Only an email?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
I had stayed enough to beat Dia about 2x's on stays, until this year. I have 4 stays this year. Maybe that is why I got the offer.

I take it as TOTAL of 40 stays....and TOTAL of both 50K and 100K.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 6:09 am

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
I have to admit, this isn't that great of a promo. Granted I would take anything at this point (I haven't recieved anything). I have seen threads for 4 Stays, 25,000pts and Double points all year. At best this promo gives you roughly 2000-2500 points per stay extra, IF you make the 28 or 40 requirement. Its better than nothing though, which is what I have...
Old Sep 6, 2007, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by lexie
so no associated promo code? Only an email?
Maybe HH is getting smart about not handing out the actual promo codes. They might want to avoid a repeat of the 5/10/15 business where a number of folks called with multiple codes to be added.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Maybe HH is getting smart about not handing out the actual promo codes. They might want to avoid a repeat of the 5/10/15 business where a number of folks called with multiple codes to be added.
Yes, I understand that and as a diamond member (earned the hard way) I am glad they have tightened up a little. However, I am peeved that as a loyal customer, they give their diamond members (considered their top tier) no incentive to stay beyond achieving status.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:38 am

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Here's to hoping that they're sending out the emails in waves as they've done before, since I haven't seen it yet. It would certainly be a nice addition and would probably make me continue to stay at Hilton rather than try to maintain top tier somewhere else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.