Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Airport {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
No points availability ?

I'm looking to a BA TP run in late November at this hotel on points. It shows no availability for 'standard room rewards' which I found strange for a Monday in late November.

However using the availability search tool, I selected every week from now until the end of the year and guess what ... no availability on any day !!!

It does show availability for paid stays.

I've looked at the Hotels leaving/joining thread and can't see any mention of the hotel leaving Hilton.

I'm obviously missing something ?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I can see reward availability for every night in Nov between 33k - 40k a night. I've often found Hilton do maintenance at weekends and rates don't show up. Try again?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:26 pm

Angry Still seeing no points availability - Related to points balance of zero ?

Originally Posted by chistery
I can see reward availability for every night in Nov between 33k - 40k a night. I've often found Hilton do maintenance at weekends and rates don't show up. Try again?
I had tried a couple of times before, with the same result definitely not all at weekends.

The only other reason I can think of, is that I currently have a points balance of 0. I am in the process of transferring enough points from my AMEX card, when they are in the account, I will try again.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by wenzlydale
The only other reason I can think of, is that I currently have a points balance of 0. I am in the process of transferring enough points from my AMEX card, when they are in the account, I will try again.
Then it must be the reason. I can confirm all Fri-Sat, Sat-Sun in Nov are available on points.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:33 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by wenzlydale
If you don't have enough points, do the search without logging in
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:09 pm

You’re right !

Originally Posted by :D!
If you don't have enough points, do the search without logging in
I can see points availability when I don’t log in - that is a strange way of presenting availability because it says there is no availability rather than you don’t have enough points !!
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Early brekkie

Has anyone tried the early brekkie at Hilton HKI Airport? We have an early morning flight, therefore the normal brekkie is not an option for us. Is the early brekkie free for Hilton Golds?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Last edited by Karjaluokka; Aug 4, 2019 at 12:24 am
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Has anyone tried the early brekkie at Hilton HKI Airport? We have an early morning flight, therefore the normal brekkie is not an option for us. Is the early brekkie free for Hilton Golds?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Stayed there as Gold about 2 years ago. They have early breakfast in the room next to front desk starting at 3:30am. Just pastries and cold cut and a much needed coffee machine. It was free for Gold.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by khkchan
Stayed there as Gold about 2 years ago. They have early breakfast in the room next to front desk starting at 3:30am. Just pastries and cold cut and a much needed coffee machine. It was free for Gold.
Yes, that‘s still the case. I found it perfectly fine.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 11:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
Hilton Helsinki Airport can be booked directly through the hotel (by calling or desk) at the rate of 80€ per night for bookings through 31.12.2020 for reservations made between 24.11.–2.12.2020. I actually had to wait until midnight 24.11. as they refused to take any reservations before the timeline.

https://hravintolat.fi/fi/duty-free-ystavamyynti/

The rate is not available through Hilton.com. The rate is eligible for Honors benefits and points.

Related to the corona exceptions the Hilton Strand in Hakaniemi, Helsinki was doing a lot better job by offering full buffet and self serve drinks in their restaurant BRO.

In Hilton Helsinki Airport they are offering the "lounge benefits" in the restaurant GUI with only one plate of salmon - shrimp salad as a "tapas plate" and if one is left hungry the extra plates are offered at 14€ per plate.
https://bit.ly/37brg7a

Drinks are available from 18 to 20 with the selection of beer, white wine, red wine, gin tonic (Gordons Gin) and whisky cola (with Jameson whisky).
Depending who is in the reception they can offer free coffee, snacks, sodas etc. atleast for Diamond members but what I've learned from my friends many of the receptionists are not doing that.

As the hotel is far from the full occupancy the Executive Plus rooms with Sauna are mostly available. The Executive Plus rooms 554 / 454 / 354 / 254 and probably also 584 / 484 / 384 / 284 have sofa beds. The corner rooms have two arm chairs instead. The Junior Suites 550 / 450 / 350 / 250 don't seem to be available for upgrade for Diamonds although they might be available.

I was informed the breakfast buffet is almost normal which is as good as expected in a Hilton in Europe. The guests can order omelettes etc. from the kitchen.

Last edited by LassiJ; Nov 29, 2020 at 7:57 am Reason: Fixed the picture link for the "tapas" plate
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
LassiJ,

Nice detailed report. Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Platinum
Checked in on Wednesday, September 29, 2021, and the executive lounge is open again!
Old Sep 30, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by ForbesHall
Checked in on Wednesday, September 29, 2021, and the executive lounge is open again!
I was told it would open on 6th September, and indeed on my next visit it was. On the other hand, I preferred the temporary arrangement they had next to the restaurant bar in a roped off area before that. That way you could order food and/or premium drinks to accompany the "lounge buffet". The exec lounge felt so stale on the next visit.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA.GGL/SK.D/AFKL.Ulti
Flew in on a late connection on AY, was booked in here. All facilities are currently shut.

Offered to give HH diamond card at check in, but staff maintained that as finnair paid there would be nothing but a base room offered (was worth a try at least).

Functional if dated room - only gripe was that glasses in bathroom weren’t cleaned.

The Hilton is about a 4 min walk from the arrivals area - mostly covered.

Ended up checking out for a hotel in town as our flight didn’t leave until the afternoon of the next day and they still had gym/sauna operating which was a big plus.
-
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
So they don‘t even offer breakfast?

When you got booked there by AY as part of EU261 duty of care you should have gotten meals as well for the duration of your delay/layover.
mcgahat and MaxFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.