Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aiming for Diamond

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Question Aiming for Diamond

I have a couple of business trips coming up which I think should pretty much nail going from Blue to Diamond this year. Now, there's just one thing I want to check: Does the 60 nights rule apply to all Hiltons? I will be staying at a Homewood Suites for both of these trips.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:26 am

You'll be good with Homewood Suites ^
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Norri
You'll be good with Homewood Suites ^
Thanks very much for confirming that.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Another PC convert to HH. ^ HH Diamond trumps PC Platinum- very seldom do i not get a club level upgrade as an HH Diamond, even on award stays. The only compelling factor for PC is its relationship to IC AMB, and right now my travel is not in areas where there are ICs so HH is a much better program.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:49 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Another PC convert to HH. ^ HH Diamond trumps PC Platinum- very seldom do i not get a club level upgrade as an HH Diamond, even on award stays. The only compelling factor for PC is its relationship to IC AMB, and right now my travel is not in areas where there are ICs so HH is a much better program.
I am working towards HH Diamond for similar reasons. Some of the places I work do not have IHG properties (e.g. Luxembourg).
Old Aug 11, 2007, 1:12 pm

Just an FYI if you can make Diamond Jan 08 it will be good till Apr 10

My qualifying stay will be Jan 1.

Peace!
Old Aug 11, 2007, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
In my experience, having been Gold for a year with Hilton, thanks to Amex, HH Gold is a lot better than PC Platinum - I got exec level and lounge access at The Drake - only my Ambassador/Royal Ambassador experience (usually a suite) can beat that.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 2:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Passport Diamond, UA Premier Plat, WN A-List
Depending on what you are in to...There are very few measurable differences between Gold and Diamond. Just a thought...I have been Diamond since 1999 and have seen little difference between the two. By all means, if your travel is such that you will achieve Diamond...Great. Otherwise, if you are having to sacrifice in order to achieve it...Well, it may not be all worthwhile. I do not mean to criticize the program because I have enjoyed the benefits...I just see very little difference between Gold and Diamond...
Old Aug 11, 2007, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

True - from reading the fine print, we're very much in the realm of intangibles at Diamond level. If I end up Gold only for this year, I'll be very happy.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 5:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Just remember, it's 60 days OR 28 stays OR 100,00 base points in a 12 month period. That means splitting a couple of stays can get you there faster sometimes.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by acalispice
Depending on what you are in to...There are very few measurable differences between Gold and Diamond. Just a thought...I have been Diamond since 1999 and have seen little difference between the two. By all means, if your travel is such that you will achieve Diamond...Great. Otherwise, if you are having to sacrifice in order to achieve it...Well, it may not be all worthwhile. I do not mean to criticize the program because I have enjoyed the benefits...I just see very little difference between Gold and Diamond...
Interesting but vague generalization but I suppose it all depends on the properties one stays at, certainly if you are speaking about Hampton, HGIs or Homewoods I might personally tend to agree.

Personally I find there is a significant difference between Gold and Diamond when one stays at the larger properties, resorts or Conrads and very much more so on International stays... and generally those are the ones I tend to book.

mike
Old Aug 13, 2007, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Interesting but vague generalization but I suppose it all depends on the properties one stays at, certainly if you are speaking about Hampton, HGIs or Homewoods I might personally tend to agree.

Personally I find there is a significant difference between Gold and Diamond when one stays at the larger properties, resorts or Conrads and very much more so on International stays... and generally those are the ones I tend to book.

mike
Nice ! Would that be the little less tangible things (that usually add up very nicely) I'm used to at the top levels of other air/hotel programs, or hard bottom line (as in much more than initially paid for) benefits?
Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver
I have seen a huge difference between Diamond and Gold, as a gold member I rarely was upgraded to a suite, but as a Diamond I have had multiple suite upgrades!!
Old Aug 17, 2007, 3:15 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by ballsandboards
I have seen a huge difference between Diamond and Gold, as a gold member I rarely was upgraded to a suite, but as a Diamond I have had multiple suite upgrades!!
Getting suite upgrades as a Diamond sounds great - but I had thought that this was not a defined benefit, unlike Starwood Platinum for example.

What have other people's experiences been? Most of my stays are international at Hilton's or Conrad's. Thanks for your feedback.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Platinum, UA 1P, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, MR PM
It's my understanding that it is not a defined benefit. IIRC, the T&C excludes suites from the upgrades. But I have found that at most properties I stay at, if a suite is open I'm usually upgraded without asking. When I have asked, I've never been told that suite upgrades are not allowed. Basically, while not a specifically defined benefit, it has been readily availble.

Note: I stay mainly in ATL, but have had upgrades at other properties as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.