FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Milan {ITA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/718374-doubletree-hilton-hotel-milan-ita.html)

A320 EOW Jul 25, 2007 2:28 pm

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Milan {ITA}

Press Release Source: Doubletree Hotels

Hilton Hotels Corporation Signs First Doubletree(R) Hotel Agreement in Europe
Wednesday July 25, 11:04 am ET
Upscale Hotel Development to Debut in Milan

LONDON & BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hilton Hotels Corporation (NYSE:HLT - News) continues the expansion of its upscale DoubletreeŽ hotel collection in Europe following the signing of a franchise agreement with G&W Hotel Invest Srl. to introduce the Doubletree by Hilton(TM) Milan, which is set to open in October 2008.

Welcoming the announcement, Wolfgang Neumann, President of Hilton Hotels - Europe, said: "Today marks a historic occasion for us at Hilton, with the debut of our first-ever Doubletree by Hilton development in Europe. As an established and highly popular, upscale hotel brand in the United States, this latest Doubletree by Hilton hotel in one of Europe's finest cities underscores our strategy to integrate our successful Hilton Family of Hotels brands into growth markets throughout Europe - enabling us to provide an incredible range and choice of quality accommodation to our customers wherever they travel."

This new development will be the second Hilton Family of Brands property in Milan and will compliment the 319-room Hilton Milan hotel, which opened in 1972 and is situated close to the city's key sights and attractions.

Located to the Northwest of Milan, close to one of the main gateways into the city, the newly built Doubletree by Hilton Milan will offer 240 guestrooms, complimented by a 225-seat restaurant and a covered terrace for 250 people, with lobby bar and fitness area. Extensive meeting facilities will also feature with over 450 square metres of flexible meeting room space. It is anticipated that the hotel's location, situated in a business district that is currently undergoing a major redevelopment, combined with excellent links to both of Milan's main trade fair venues, will be a key appeal for the business and meetings market.

Press Release

rwill11 Jul 25, 2007 3:20 pm

well I suppose it will be nice to have 2 choices, but if hilton was smart they would build a hotel at the MXP airport.

Karter Jul 26, 2007 2:14 am

What about the cookies? I just can't imagine walking into an Italian hotel and being handed a hot cookie with my room key.

Travel The World Jul 26, 2007 3:44 am

IMO the Hilton Milan should be rebranded Doubletree as well, given that it is much more 4-star than 5 star !!

jabez Jul 26, 2007 6:29 am

The Hilton Milan barely passes as a 4 star.
I agree that MXP needs a good full service hotel.

landstuhldoc Oct 27, 2008 1:30 pm

has anybody stayed here?

The Hilton Website is now taking reservations (with a deal I've seen as low as 54.50 E a room). Has anybody stayed at this Doubletree?

SOBE ER DOC Nov 30, 2008 12:55 am

Originally Posted by landstuhldoc (Post 10585544)
The Hilton Website is now taking reservations (with a deal I've seen as low as 54.50 E a room). Has anybody stayed at this Doubletree?

Any updates on this property? Trying to decide between here and Hilton. Going to MXP in late January for five days of R&R.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

MACH81 Dec 2, 2008 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC (Post 10832026)
Any updates on this property? Trying to decide between here and Hilton. Going to MXP in late January for five days of R&R.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

I'll be spending one night at the beginning of January. I'll report as soon as possible.

MACH81 Jan 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by MACH81 (Post 10845665)
I'll be spending one night at the beginning of January. I'll report as soon as possible.

Short TR.

The hotel is brand new, occupancy was very low (it's in the new fair area, closed to the Chedi, so it's a business hotel more than a leisure one) as it was holiday in Italy. I wasn't given an upgrade just breakfast for two (I've no idea how my preferences for DTs are set up, first stay with this brand). Rooms are small, but that's standard in Europe, even though for the lowest category, it wasn't that small. I don't think I took pics of the room, I was more interested in Milan covered by snow. Check in was a little slow, they certainly have some people at their first experience but they were cordial and very polite.

Breakfast can be improved, plus we arrived late and there wasn't much left, especially of the hot dishes. I didn't bother asking. Service was corteous, we were the only 2 people having bkf, before a family of 4 with two kids arrived, even later than we did, well past the 10 am limit.

You need to know Milan well or you need a GPS to find the hotel, there are no indications to the hotel and printing up something from googlemaps doesn't help much. Tho hotel is a desolated street, but very close to the highway.

Bluemoon Lady Jan 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Milan - Doubletree or Garden Inn ?

Would you guys rather book at the Hilton Garden Inn (at Malpensa) or at the Doubletree?

I am a Diamond member but I never stayd at either brand. Hence, I am kind of clueless which hotel gives me a better value for money.

JDiver Jan 17, 2009 3:46 pm

If "best value for the money" is the criterion (disregarding location, etc.) in my opinion Hilton Garden Inn is more consistent than Hilton or even Doubletree, and most often renders the best value for the money.

You didn't ask, but if you had asked "How close is the HGI to Malpensa? The distance is given as both 7 and 10 km (4.2 and 6.2 miles) by the HGI website, and no information is given about shuttle service. Just in case that is also a criterion.

Originally Posted by Bluemoon Lady (Post 11094439)
Would you guys rather book at the Hilton Garden Inn (at Malpensa) or at the Doubletree?

I am a Diamond member but I never stayd at either brand. Hence, I am kind of clueless which hotel gives me a better value for money.

Bluemoon Lady Jan 18, 2009 3:38 am

Sure, JDIVEr, you are absolutely right. I shall call the HGI and ask about the shuttle service (there is no email provided for that hotel).

goliath Jan 20, 2009 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Bluemoon Lady (Post 11096642)
Sure, JDIVEr, you are absolutely right. I shall call the HGI and ask about the shuttle service (there is no email provided for that hotel).

Did you have a chance to get that information? I'm asking because I'll be staying there as well this weekend and was wondering the same thing - do they provide shuttle service?

Bluemoon Lady Jan 20, 2009 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by goliath (Post 11108446)
Did you have a chance to get that information? I'm asking because I'll be staying there as well this weekend and was wondering the same thing - do they provide shuttle service?

Yes, I did. When I called them I was told to go to Terminal 1 and there is a complimentary shuttle bus. @:-)

goliath Jan 20, 2009 1:08 pm

Thanks for the update, good news! ^