Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Milan {ITA}

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Milan {ITA}

Old Jan 27, 2009, 2:30 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Just a little follow-up on the Hilton Garden Inn Malpensa:

We stayed there for one night this weekend. While the Hilton website promoted this place as "OPENING JAN 09", it isn't anything new, it's the old Grand Hotel Malpensa that was taken over by Hilton - including all worn furniture, tableware etc.

With the 50% weekend special, the rate of EUR 50 was ok, but I wouldn't pay full price here. The hotel was pretty much empty over the weekend, I don't know how it looks during the week?

Shuttle service worked like a charm, though! ^
Old Feb 25, 2009, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Any more advice on this property vs. the Hilton? I'm headed to MXP for a long weekend soon and I'm wondering which location is better (or whether I should just use points at the Marriott). The 89eur/night rate prepay rate at the DT certainly looks good...
Old Aug 11, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Did anyone stay here recently? General impressions...
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by sindjic
Did anyone stay here recently? General impressions...
Hotel decent - prices normally good.
Free parking outside BUT not convenient if you don't have a car

Ideally for working in Milan (or outside) - not so good for tourists

Liked it though^
Old May 21, 2010, 2:37 pm

Another decent stay^

Rooms very good - lovely bathroom - all nice and spacious

Definately recommend and is often at 99€ even on weekdays - not bad!!
Old May 21, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello all,

To go to the DT from Milano Centrale train station what posibilities there are, apart from taking a taxi?

Thanks,

S.
Old May 22, 2010, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by saviox
Hello all,

To go to the DT from Milano Centrale train station what posibilities there are, apart from taking a taxi?

Thanks,

S.
Just taxi.. Don't think they have a shuttle bus

If you are at Stazione Centrale you really should think of going to Hilton which is a 3 minute walk.. DT about 8 - 9 km away - great if you have a car with free parking on the road
Old May 22, 2010, 2:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Just taxi.. Don't think they have a shuttle bus

If you are at Stazione Centrale you really should think of going to Hilton which is a 3 minute walk.. DT about 8 - 9 km away - great if you have a car with free parking on the road
Thanks for the info terminalfive.

I stayed in the Hilton Milan a few weeks ago. I have booked in the DT in this ocassion becaise it is sensibly cheaper.
I may consider hiring a car.
Old May 22, 2010, 7:57 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Um, isn't the Hilton in a marginal part of town? I haven't been there in about two years, but that was my recollection.
Old May 22, 2010, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by stc
Um, isn't the Hilton in a marginal part of town? I haven't been there in about two years, but that was my recollection.
Depends what you mean - its next door (and I mean next door!!) to the main train station - stazione centrale

Not the best area of town - and certainly not near the best shops but I wouldn't call it marginal..

From the Stazione Centrale you also have all the airport buses for LINATE - MALPENSA + BERGAMO

Starwood also have three hotels very near Hilton - The Westin - Le Meridien Gallia and 4 points
Old May 22, 2010, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by saviox
Thanks for the info terminalfive.

I stayed in the Hilton Milan a few weeks ago. I have booked in the DT in this ocassion becaise it is sensibly cheaper.
I may consider hiring a car.
Thats my logic as well - if you've got a car you'll be fine

1 piece of advice - get sat nav on the car because the hotel isn't very easy to find

Being to the West of the city Malpensa is fine for arriving by plane

Linate is better for the Hilton
Old Jun 27, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: HHonors, A'Club, SPG, Marriott, Priority Club, Hyatt, UA mileage Plus, Miles & More, AAdvantage
Doubletree Milan trip report and review

I recently had a weekend stay at the Doubletree Milan at very discounted price. The hotel is in a quite desolated area, expecially during weekends, but is in a brand new building. Easy check-in where I received the warm Doubletree cookie but no upgrade as a Diamond. Had a room at the last floor, medium size for european standards. No bathrobe or slippers, two free bottles of water. No any other Diamond gift or recognition. Breakfast quite average. The hotel is usually used by airline crew from MXP (Cathay Pacific with dedicated check-in). Very small gym on the underground floor and also a crew lounge (if you have an airline ID card you can use it). Free internet and 2 PC work stations in the business center near the reception, with free printing facilities. Quite convenient with highways if you have a car. Even if the area around the hotel is not one of the best, expecially at night, I found it very convenient using with the public transportation. There are 3 tram lines stopping nearby (Piazza Santorre di Santarosa): line 7, 12 and 19. All of these 3 lines have a frequency of 6-9 minutes during the day and about 15 minutes at night and connect with underground lines. For example you can reach the Sforzesco Castle (and the nearby Duomo) with line 19 in about 20 minutes. If you arrive in LIN take the bus 73 and then connect with tram line 12: you will reach the hotel in about 40 minutes with one single 1 euro ticket. For those of you interested in choosing the hotel this is the site of the public transport company of Milan www.atm-mi.it with online journey planner.
Close to hotel there is also the railway station of Milano Certosa (many suburban and regional lines).
Even if the hotel is in a business area with no touristic places nearby I would reccomend it if the use of the public transportation is not a problem for you. IMO fair prices for this hotel are in the range of 80-90 euros per night during weekends and not more than 140 euros during weekdays.

Last edited by Supersonic Flyer; Jun 27, 2010 at 9:17 am Reason: info added
Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Supersonic Flyer
Even if the hotel is in a business area with no touristic places nearby I would reccomend it if the use of the public transportation is not a problem for you. IMO fair prices for this hotel are in the range of 80-90 euros per night during weekends and not more than 140 euros during weekdays.
Agree - good TR

Would add that parking infront of the hotel is free - ideal if you have a car, especially if you are on a 1 night stay

Very competitely priced hotel - they gave me cookie on my last stay^
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays at this hotel?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milan

I am at the hotel right now (Sep-2011). Room is ok, larger than an average EU hotel room. Bahtroom's got both - bath and a built in shower. Got cookies upon arrival. I had to ask and got free internet and breakfast.

I am driving. Hotel is very convenient for a driver. Motorways are close. It takes 15 minutes to drive to Duomo di Milano.

The actual street DoubleTree is located at is pretty full with prostitutes today (Friday evening). It feels like DoubleTree on a slut street They are pretty polite though and do not jump on potential clients

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.