Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica {ISL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
We stayed at the Curio (really nice, great location), and the Hilton Nordica. Curio had a deal going at the time (just opened) with a sampler dinner free for Diamond guests. The breakfast was fantastic at Curio.

Hilton had the awesome spa, with those massages in hot tub(!) and a very nice view lounge with small snacks and drinks. The rooms at Hilton were fine but pretty stark though.
mphall likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Yes, you get access to the Nordica lounge. Diamonds get access to executive lounges everywhere automatically. It's one of the rare meaningful differences between diamond and gold.

Neil
mphall likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:54 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by mphall
I am booked at the Hilton REYKJAVIK. If I booked a standard queen room as a diamond member would I be able to use the lounge? Thanks so much.
I got access to the EL as gold when booked in the standard room.
mphall likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:56 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
We stayed at the Curio (really nice, great location), and the Hilton Nordica. Curio had a deal going at the time (just opened) with a sampler dinner free for Diamond guests. The breakfast was fantastic at Curio.

Hilton had the awesome spa, with those massages in hot tub(!) and a very nice view lounge with small snacks and drinks. The rooms at Hilton were fine but pretty stark though.
I find the room at the hilton pretty good. I was upgraded to a room on the top floor (executive room) with amazing views and a seating area.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:17 pm

Also Hilton Nordica does not charge early check in fee for Gold and Diamond members. If you check in before 3pm as regular member, they will add up to 3000ISK to your bill.

We asked to check in early and were granted a room without EL access as Gold. However, they let us have breakfast at the restaurant downstairs.
mphall likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by DH
I had two rooms for the family of 4 and we all got lounge access. We enjoyed the breakfast at the downstairs which has a lot better food offerings. The lounge got crowded during the evening hours. Looks like everyone was enjoying free beer & wine...

BTW it offers early check-in at 2,000 ISK for those who are arriving in the morning.
I am a Diamond and usually prefer having my breakfast in the restaurant as opposed to the Executive Lounge. They didn't give you any problem when you went to the restaurant for breakfast? I presume they just checked your name off a list? I have been told by a few hotels that I had to have breakfast in the Exec Lounge and could not have breakfast in the restaurant. At those properties it was ok as the lounge offered a nice breakfast. IIRC on my last stay at the Nordica the lounge breakfast was not that great.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Apologies for the newbie question, but can the Free Weekend night certificate from the Aspire card be used at this property?

Rates during our visit are almost $500 a night...
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by DaveH
Apologies for the newbie question, but can the Free Weekend night certificate from the Aspire card be used at this property?

Rates during our visit are almost $500 a night...
I believe that as long as there is award availability you can use the Free Weekend Night Cert.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:56 am
DH

Originally Posted by cruisr
I am a Diamond and usually prefer having my breakfast in the restaurant as opposed to the Executive Lounge. They didn't give you any problem when you went to the restaurant for breakfast? I presume they just checked your name off a list? I have been told by a few hotels that I had to have breakfast in the Exec Lounge and could not have breakfast in the restaurant. At those properties it was ok as the lounge offered a nice breakfast. IIRC on my last stay at the Nordica the lounge breakfast was not that great.
I had no problem choosing to dine in the restaurant over the EL. BTW the selections are a lot better at the restaurant too.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
I had breakfast in the restaurant every morning I was there - they checked my room number off a list. I was there last month and had a wonderful stay; as a diamond member I was upgraded to a large room with a lovely mountain view. The happy hour offerings in the executive lounge were really good and the staff at the hotel are first rate. Enjoy your visit!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Thoughts on staying here v. The Canopy for a one night points stay as a Diamond? Is canopy worth extra 10k points?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Thoughts on staying here v. The Canopy for a one night points stay as a Diamond? Is canopy worth extra 10k points?
I had a similar question when I was planning our trip to Reykjavik, and I chose the Canopy based on the location. It depends what you value most. The Hilton will offer more in terms of Honors benefits.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond
My only issue with the Hilton Nordica vs the Canopy was the location compared to the city center. It wasn't a bad walk, and there is a bus pass, but it is not in the city center. I enjoyed the Nordica though. I walked downtown one day. I used the Nordica for a few tours, so I didn't really get out for nightlife like you would at the Canopy.

If you do stay at the Nordica and you have time, hit the public swimming pool in the park across the street. I did that while waiting for my room to be ready. I found a reasonable place to eat as well called the Mulakaffi. It was a side street right behind the Nordica. It was cafeteria style and frequented by police officers and public service employees. I think I was the only person there not in uniform...not that I minded.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I went to Reykjavik in August 2016 as a Diamond and stayed in both. For location the Canopy wins hands down. The Nordica didn't feel like anything special, a fairly unremarkable experience. The free transport pass came in handy.

The Canopy was rather more memorable. The friendliness of the locals was amply reflected in the service the staff provided and left them a sizeable tip which isn't really necessary in this delightful part of the world. I was given a complimentary dinner for two voucher and more items were brought up to my room. The artisanal designs were refreshing and food was delicious. I would recommend shelling out the extra 10k per night if you have a lot to spare.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Hilton Reykjavik city shuttle?

Does anyone know if the Hilton offers a city shuttle or airport shuttle? If not, what is the easiest way to get to airport or downtown?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.