Hilton Reykjavik Nordica {ISL}

Old May 16, 2013, 11:34 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Shocked that alcoholic drinks are not free here as they usually are at Hilton exec lounges throughout Europe.
You mean during the evening's happy hour or outside? If it was during the evening happy hour period, this seems to be a change in policy based on my experience there ( a bad move indeed )

Cheers!
Old May 17, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Shocked that alcoholic drinks are not free here as they usually are at Hilton exec lounges throughout Europe.
I was there about 6 weeks ago and the EL had the customary free/self serve beer, wine,and limited hard stuff for the evening happy hour. Other times of the day the fridge and cabinet were. Locked- but I expect you could have ordered and paid- as is customary. Have things changed?
Old May 17, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Same for me
Old May 17, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
I have been looking at prices for October and the website states the exec lounge will be closed for renovations during the last week of May.

It will be interesting to see what the changes will be.
Old May 18, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
KEF has a nice duty free shopping area for arriving passengers to Iceland with very good prices on liquor. While free is of course better, it makes it convenient to bring your own.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Update: Free wine, beer, and spirits during happy hour plus a nice spread
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:24 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Stayed here last Thursday -- had a prepaid room at the Reykjavik Grand hotel, across the street, but when we arrived at 3:15 (3PM checkin time), they were "overbooked and already full" (which was bull, because we saw folks in other lines get keys, but, whatever), but they told us they'd walk us to the Hilton and get us a "nicer" room.

Hilton gave us a nice room on the 4th floor with a water view. There is no wifi access in the rooms, but good free access in the lobby (we have no HH status). Parking is easy, location is good for that part of town (30 minute walk to the happening part of town), restaurant buffet breakfast was excellent.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Had a wonderful five-night stay last week. Reserved a regular Queen room (not the Plus room); the staff had already upgraded me to a 9th-floor Executive Level room (not with a view though; the 9th-floor elevator lobby has a viewing area, however, as does the Executive Lounge) when I checked in. Wifi is free in the room and the lounge.

The breakfast was substantial as others have noted; mixed fruit, eggs, sausage, sliced turkey and ham, various pastries, cereal, salmon, and breads (including gluten-free); a variety of juices, teas, and coffees as well. Happy Hour is from 5-7pm and all the alcohol is free; at 7 the attendant goes around to each party to ask if they'd like one more drink. The evening snacks ranged from mixed nuts to finger sandwiches to battered shrimp, accompanied occasionally by a dessert.

The hotel is not in the city center, but it's only about a 15-minute walk to the start of the 'downtown' area (the hotel's street, Suđurlandsbraut, turns into the main artery, Laugavegur -- so the walk is a straight shot). The winter weather is not always (read: ever) the best, so the hotel provides free bus passes - one is good for up to 4 people and you just show it to the driver. The 2, 15, 17, and 19 buses all have a "Nordica" stop (and all the drivers speak English). The buses stop at Hlemmur, the bus terminal at the start of the shopping / dining area (and of course the famed Hiđ Islenzka Ređasafn).
Old Dec 12, 2013, 1:00 pm

I'm assuming the upgrades you're talking about are for HHonors Gold or better. I'm looking at a trip in March and will book Hilton if there's at least a chance of an upgrade and free breakfast. If it's a no on either then I'll look closer in town.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bez7
I'm assuming the upgrades you're talking about are for HHonors Gold or better. I'm looking at a trip in March and will book Hilton if there's at least a chance of an upgrade and free breakfast. If it's a no on either then I'll look closer in town.
Of course. HHonors Blue and Silver members are not eligible for upgrades. Why would you expect otherwise?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
Of course. HHonors Blue and Silver members are not eligible for upgrades. Why would you expect otherwise?
I like to verify intl locations since I've had to fight for these benefits in the past.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 6:10 am

We were there for 3 nights in early Dec. which was a part of Iceland Air pkg. I'm a diamond member & received complete diamond treatment, up-graded to an exec room, lounge access, free in-room internet +. Had a wonderful stay.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Arrived back today and saw the Aurora yesterday from the hotel car park ............AMAZING ^^

Booked a DLX PLUS and Upgraded to Exec as a Gold (Thank you).

Exec Benefits inc:

Breakfast in the lounge - Hot and cold items (Scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages)

All day non alcoholic drinks

Evening reception from 5-7 with a great choice of beverages inc wine and cava along with a good selection of canapes (Cheese, Spring Rolls, Sushi, Mini Burgers)

Access to hotel Spa.

Great stay and highly recommended however the holiday makers which camp in the lounge from 4.55 to 7.30 stuffing themselves should be ashamed
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Can anyone confirm whether Golds still get lounge access even if not upgraded to the executive level? Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by WNHHTraveler
Can anyone confirm whether Golds still get lounge access even if not upgraded to the executive level?
Nope. Here now and (as Gold) got absolutely nothing beyond what I booked ("room plus"). Internet is currently/still free for everyone.

The hotel is nice enough but the location isn't really ideal and I'm not sure I'd stay here again if I came back, especially given the price.

ETA: The shades are not blackout shades. The hotel has poor sound insulation. Housekeeping failed to restock a bunch of things properly (tea, towels, tissues, bottled water). Denied a request for 2pm checkout.

Overall not impressed. Would not come back.

Last edited by bennos; Jun 26, 2014 at 4:00 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.