Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

Hilton | Hilton Honors

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica {ISL}

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica {ISL}

Old Mar 7, 22, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
I stayed here in mid-Feb and have some feedback as a Diamond member.

Firstly, the good.

As a Diamond member I was upgraded from a base room to a twin executive plus. Unfortunately, they couldn't switch me to a Queen/King room as they were booked out. Views from the room are great, however there are some odd things about the room. For instance they have a kettle/tea set that looks straight out of the 1980's and their bathrooms are dated (although clean.) The room is fairly basic but the do have big Phillips TV's and a Bose speaker. Personally, I was fine with this but my GF really didn't like it.

Lounge is both great and poor at the same time. Firstly, it is great in that the beer and wine is pretty good and in plentiful supply, I never couldn't get a drink. However, they don't put out any spirits.

Food is also pretty good, on my stays they put out a sizable amount (I guess 250 pieces) of (good quality) Sushi, with tempura prawns and spring rolls. The problem here was the Sushi got demolished in, I kid you not 10 minutes, due to the amount of people in there and how they were helping themselves. This was not replaced on any night I was there. The rest of the spread includes some very good sandwiches, soup and salads. In my opinion you can make a dinner out of it if you go hard early; although not sure this is a great look.

Breakfast was standard Hilton fare and plentiful. It does get busy so you may want to go earlier. As a side note, be aware they will provide eggs on request and summer fruits if you request them.

The bar areas are in good condition and look recently renovated. Drinks in the bar are expensive and use cheap spirits. My girlfriend had a couple of gin slings and each cost around Ł17 but only used Gordon's gin.

The gym is actually pretty good here, it is sizable and has a good amount of weights.

Parking is free and plentiful.

Now for the indifferent/bad

The Spa area really needs some work done to it. When I went the steam room it left a lot to be desired and the jacuzzi's are all essentially dipping pools as their motors are non-functioning. Sauna is good but a little dated.

The numbers of people in the hotel will put some people off as it was super busy the whole time. Breakfast and lounge were always the busiest I have ever experienced with no let up

View from lounge

Lounge space 1

Lounge bar

Queen Excutive Plus Twin Beds

Queen Excutive Plus Twin view from Door

View from end of lounge

Tempura Prawn

Lounge Space 2

View from lounge at night

Tea set

Location requires a 15 minute walk to town or a 5/10 minute drive. I am fine with walking and like the views that this allowed the hotel to have. However, be aware of this if you don't walk.

Last edited by TheWiseOne; Mar 7, 22 at 11:48 am
Old May 7, 22, 5:36 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I am looking at booking in July. Just wanted to confirm that Diamonds have lounge access without booking an executive room?

Thanks!
Old May 7, 22, 11:06 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by dshafiee View Post
I am looking at booking in July. Just wanted to confirm that Diamonds have lounge access without booking an executive room?

Thanks!
Yes, that is a benefit for diamonds at all Hiltons with lounges
Old May 8, 22, 7:06 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by dshafiee View Post

Thanks!
Yes, but be aware that although they put out good quality food, this only comes out at the start and they do not replenish. It is also very, very busy (in fact the busiest Hilton lounge I know of; I've probably been in 30+ across the US, Europe and Asia) so unless you get there within the first ten minutes of it coming out, you will probably be disappointed/will have to have sandwiches (although to be fair, these are also good quality.)
Old May 27, 22, 11:21 pm

Has anyone had success using your HH account to book and extend status to perks someone else at this hotel? I'm HH Gold and would like to book a room for my parents with the Honors discount and get them the free breakfast. I can put my father's name as the additional guest, and have him say I'm checking in later. We have the same last name, so that is plausible.
From crowd-sourcing online posts about doing this with HH, the answer seems to be "it depends on the hotel."
Old May 27, 22, 11:50 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
Has anyone had success using your HH account to book and extend status to perks someone else at this hotel? I'm HH Gold and would like to book a room for my parents with the Honors discount and get them the free breakfast. I can put my father's name as the additional guest, and have him say I'm checking in later. We have the same last name, so that is plausible.
From crowd-sourcing online posts about doing this with HH, the answer seems to be "it depends on the hotel."
Hmm, I don't recall Iceland hotels asking for ID at check in, but I'm not 100% sure. If they don't he can just pretend to be you.
Only issue is that if they need to lie about "you checking in later", it won't add up if the booked room only has one bed and two people who are not you turn up to check in.

By T&Cs you don't get points or benefits if you don't stay yourself, unless it's a redemption and you make it via the call center where they can edit the primary name on the booking properly (not just adding "additional guest").
EmpressRouge likes this.
Old May 28, 22, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by :D! View Post
Only issue is that if they need to lie about "you checking in later", it won't add up if the booked room only has one bed and two people who are not you turn up to check in.
I'd book them 2 twins anyway, since it's only base room available (they don't really care about upgrades or a bigger room). I guess they can just have my mom sit in the car, and say my dad is checking in for the both of us, and I can book a prepaid/non-refundable rate?

Search this Thread