Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do I do now?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2007, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy What do I do now?

2 years ago I recieved complementary gold status for some reason. I promptly lost the card and didn't think about it again untill Dec of 2006. I recieved a new card and started to stay at a couple of Hampton Inns when they were more convenient than my normal Holiday Inns. I recently decided to move away from HI with all my small company business and called HH Gold line to either go for a Gold challange or Status match (Plat HI) since my current gold expired April 2007. My call on 4/20 netted a one time one year extention. Great! After waiting a week for my profile to update, I called customer sevice to find out what was going on. They told me they had no record of the upgrade, but they could offer me X amt of bonus points per 2nd stay. I then asked for a supervisor to try to figure it out. The supervisor then told me that she couldn't override the system to take out the bonus points and to upgrade me to gold but that she would take it up with "higher authorities" since she found the record of the upgrade that was not applied. She gave me her extention and told me if it wasnt applied to call her in a week. I waited the week and called her again only to be told that I had to wait longer for them to review it "upstairs". I am not impressed with the runaround and wonder what to do next? Shouldn't they honor their word?
Old May 15, 2007, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Call for a final resolution. If you're not satisifed, there's a whole thread on status comps in Milesbuzz. There are other programs.
Old May 15, 2007, 7:41 pm

What do I do now?
Come up with a better title?
Old May 16, 2007, 5:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Come up with a better title?
Definitely

Right after that, please add some paragraph breaks so it's a little more readable. Help us help you, but please don't make every Hilton FTer open the thread, just to figure out that they have nothing to say on the topic. Anywayz...

First, when's your next stay? Is it so urgent that they resolve it immediately or do you have some time?

Second, what do you mean by "take out the bonus points"? It sounds like you are already receiving something, but you didn't explain when or why that started for you (or why you want them removed).

And third, I'm thinkin' BamaVol's tip for status matches is the best. Go though a status match request process (faxing over your info) and you'll get the right people looking at the situation the first time. Using the phone, you'll probably face understandable inconsistency. (I know I wouldn't hand out status over the phone to someone if I worked there.) Good luck.
Old May 16, 2007, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Sorry about the typing and paragraphs!

Next stay was this friday but have to cancel it because of work changes. So it's not that urgent.

What they did was put in a bonus points code or whatever into their computer which supposidly(sp?) overrode the one year extention that was given to me by the other agent. They said the could not take it out to revert back to the original offer.

I guess I will call them back to get the status match info.

Thanks for the responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.