Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW FT Hilton Meeting Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
I don't have many planned stays at the moment hopefully these three will go on...

Sep 23 - Sep 27 / Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House / MP001
Nov 11 - Nov 16 / Atocha Hotel Madrid - Tapestry Collection by Hilton / MP001
Nov 26 - Nov 30 / DoubleTree by Hilton London Greenwich / MP001
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Oct 3 - Oct 4 / Doubletree by Hilton Bristol / Wizla
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:21 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Friendly bump and I also updated the first post.
Safe travels

-------

It would be nice, if you post your stays in the following format

'arrival' - 'departure' / Hotel / Handle
e.g.

Mar 01 - Mar 02 / Hilton Brussels City / FLYGVA

that is
mmm dd - mmm dd / Hotel / Nick
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:58 am

Dec 11 - DEC 12 / Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront / danieltravel
I might be there till 14th but it's my first stay since the latest lock down started so I might just cut it short. Normally I'm there about twice a month but let's see how it goes under the actual restrictions.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 3:12 am

Dec 18 - Dec 19 / Hilton Vienna Plaza / danieltravel
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:55 am
Original Poster

A huge thank you for all of you, who contributed to this thread in this year. It has been an annus horribilis for many of us.

Usually, I am not in the habit to make a personal statement at the end of year in a thread like this. But in this very special year, I thought, I make an execption:

A couple of weeks I had a long chat with an employee in a Hilton I stayed in very often. And I know quite well from my many stays in this Hilton hotel.
A year ago, she war looking forward to work for six month in a well know Hilton Hotel in France. Pracitising her French, getting experience in an more upscale place. She hat put a lot of effort to have this chance and to get the job opportunity. And she gave up other opportunities to work at this place. And also made some personal concessions. She had done a similar training in London a couple of years ago. I bumped in her during a stay in this London Hilton Hotel - and was surprised to see a familiar face there. She was enjoying her work and always eager to learn something new and understand what a status and status recognition meant to us frequent travelers. I remember discussing with her the Hilton Honors Programm and how I read the rules while she was still in training.

In November I met her again coincidentally. Not in the Hilton. But in the city. We bumped in each other at a Starbucks. Working in France was canceled for her. At least she had her job at the local Hilton. But the future was not the same anymore. And she was not sure, if she would be employed in 2021. I have to admit, that I felt sorry for her. Usually she is very positive and making the best out of a worse situation. But I have never seen her so out of hope before. We had a long chat and it seems she was in a certain way happy to talk to a familiar face about the situation who somehow understood her feeling and her personal fear. Two hours I will remember. And listening to her was the least thing I could do for her after knowing her for more than 10 years.

If you stay with a certain chain or with a certain hotel frequently, you usually know some ot the members of staff. And at least to me this give a personal feeling to the the current situation.Not always, we get in a hotel what we expect. And yes, the employes are also not always friendly and helpful. But we all know those charming members of staff who go the extra mile. Many of us know persons who are affected by Coronavirus directly working for hotels, airlines, travel agents.

It is for them, that I hope that the current situation will not become worse. It it for us, that we will see us others sooner than later.

Usually, I say it is a small world - but this year, it became a really big world with many restrictions. What was close become suddenly miles away.

Stay safe and I hope that this thread will be used more often in 2021.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
A huge thank you for all of you, who contributed to this thread in this year. It has been an annus horribilis for many of us.

Usually, I am not in the habit to make a personal statement at the end of year in a thread like this. But in this very special year, I thought, I make an execption:

It is for them, that I hope that the current situation will not become worse. It it for us, that we will see us others sooner than later.

Usually, I say it is a small world - but this year, it became a really big world with many restrictions. What was close become suddenly miles away.

Stay safe and I hope that this thread will be used more often in 2021.
Thank you sharing this personal story and hopefully the general consensus of those participating in this thread.

For those of us fortunate enough to travel far and abroad, we rely on the professional, and at the same time, personal connections we make with many of the hardworking staff(s) to make our travels more enjoyable and rewarding.

Here's to 2021! (and successful meetings amongst us FTers)
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Dec 20, 2020 at 3:46 am
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Agreed. Here's to a better 2021! Cheers and Salud to all!
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 7:39 am

Dec 26 - Dec 28 / Hilton Vienna Plaza / danieltravel
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 12:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
A lot of change (good and bad) for many this past year, me included. After quite the turbulent year I"m happy to say I've changed employers and am back working again in a role I thoroughly enjoy (I hope that is or at least will be the situation with many also in the hospitality industry in 2021). My regular stays in the South of England are over and I'll now be in the East Midlands instead most weeks. I'm an optimist so hoping the following stays do take place (as long as we don't move into tier 4 they should still be on).

Jan 04 - Jan 05 / Hilton East Midlands Airport / BotB
Jan 12 - Jan 13 / DoubleTree Nottingham / BotB
Jan 20 - Jan 21 / DoubleTree Nottingham / BotB

Stay safe everyone. Will post reviews of the Covid measures in the UK hotels for those interested. (I've already posted about Dec. stays in a Radisson at the airport in that forum, hoping it will be as good in the Hitlons).
FLYGVA and wizla like this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hi mate, hope you well.

Hilton East Midlands , room 408 is the best .

Doubletree Nottingham , room 233 is the best .

Hope this helps with online check in.
Regards Wizla.
FLYGVA and BotB like this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:52 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Well, inevitable wasn't it...Nottinghamshire / Leicestershire have gone into tier 4 so now won't be travelling up there for work as they are effectively in lockdown...let's see how the situation develops in two weeks when it is reviewed again...until then, sadly my first two stays are cancelled. (sorry FLYGVA) I've added another at the end of Jan. as well (ever the optimist)!

Jan 26 - Jan 27 / Hilton East Midlands Airport / BotB

(thanks wizla for the room recommendations, will definitely try to secure those if I get to stay!) Stay safe everyone.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BotB
Well, inevitable wasn't it...Nottinghamshire / Leicestershire have gone into tier 4 so now won't be travelling up there for work as they are effectively in lockdown...let's see how the situation develops in two weeks when it is reviewed again...until then, sadly my first two stays are cancelled. (sorry FLYGVA) I've added another at the end of Jan. as well (ever the optimist)!

Jan 26 - Jan 27 / Hilton East Midlands Airport / BotB

(thanks wizla for the room recommendations, will definitely try to secure those if I get to stay!) Stay safe everyone.
No problems, I fear this will happen a couple of times to all of us who travel in this year ...
BotB likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Hilton CDG Jan 10th
Old Mar 13, 2021, 3:17 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Apr 13 - Apr 14 / DoubleTree Nottingham / BotB
Apr 20 - Apr 21 / Hilton East Midlands Airport / BotB
Apr 27 - Apr 28 / DoubleTree Nottingham / BotB

Deja Vu? My second attempt at resuming normal life...Here's hoping the easing of lockdown restrictions don't get delayed here in the UK. This will be more than 3 weeks after my first jab so all things are looking up!

Stay safe everyone, thanks FLYGVA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.