Wiki Posts
Search

Honors.com Status Update

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Honors.com Status Update

Has anyone been lowered ( I did not have enough stay sto get Gold but recieved a mailer that gave me a Silver card + 4 nights between 5/1 and 7/31 to achieve gold)

I am wondering maybe if that on 5/1 if status doesn't revert, I may still keep it? This was based on that whole credit card (citigroup chairman) code that everyone abused last year.

Thanks
Old May 3, 2007, 10:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
I am trying to understand what you are asking here? Correct me if i'm wrong because I will try to paraphrase what you are saying.

(1) Last year through a code you were comped Gold status.
(2) You did not stay enough to maintain Gold status.
(3) They sent you your new Silver status card (I assume you stayed enough for Silver).
(4) Along with your new Silver Card they offered a fast-track to Gold (4 nights in a certain period).
(5) You hope that your status will not drop ?? [why would you think this?]

Now let me try to answer your question - assuming I understand correctly.
You have the status that they say you do ... showing your expired Gold card will not get you any benefits as the system will store your status and is easily queried by each hotel. The Silver status will be the only status you have unless you fulfill the 4 nights in that period.

Now if your question was "Will my status remain at Gold until the 7/31 date assuming I do not stay 4 nights?" then the answer IMHO is no - you will be silver unless you stay 4 nights.

Now a question for you - Why would you need Gold status if you can't stay 4 nights between 5/1 and 7/31? Gold isnt a right it is a privilage that is earned by staying (unfortunately too easily handed out by HHonors IMO) and if you dont stay (stays or nights or $$s spent) then you don't deserve the status and associated perks.

E
Old May 3, 2007, 11:52 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Hmm, I read OP's post as saying "It's May 2nd now and the website hasn't updated to show my Silver status. Perhaps that means I will remain Gold?"

I didn't read anything into it about him needing or deserving it - just enquiring how the website works.

If OP has logged out and back in to the website and it still says "Gold VIP" he may well keep it another year.

If I were OP I'd go into the Rolling VIP Tier and see what it says.
Old May 3, 2007, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Yep, I am silver though I am sorta perplexed at erenners response (though I must admit it is through.

Firstly, I stay enough at hiltons (maybe not to requalify but at least 8 times over the past year for various nights). It is important for the upcoming year due to the fact I have stays at the SIN, BKK and HKG Conrads and it will be worth the upgrades

Secondly, I am quite young (22) and stay at these properties for leisure only. I usually congregate 8+ friends in one room and the upgrades I get at Embassy Suites are priceless (mostly conference suites which double as party area). VERY IMPORTANT

Thirdly, the answer to the "dont use it if you dont deserve it" the answer is and always has been true for FF/stayer benefits...if you dont use it that much anyway, does it really matter?

I will be staying at SF Hilton for all 4 nights to complete challenge, on cheap Saturday nights along with 10 or so friends whilst club hopping in downtown
Old May 3, 2007, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by patchan8984
...I usually congregate 8+ friends in one room and the upgrades I get at Embassy Suites are priceless (mostly conference suites which double as party area). VERY IMPORTANT

....I will be staying at SF Hilton for all 4 nights to complete challenge, on cheap Saturday nights along with 10 or so friends whilst club hopping in downtown
Are you paying the "extra person" charges that hotels sometimes impose when you exceed a certain number per room?

Also, most hotels place a maximum on the number of persons allowed per room. I'm guessing that 8-10 persons per room greatly exceeds those limits.

Sounds like you're really abusing the system. (I.e., more room occupants = more wear and tear, etc.) Yet you want to make sure you get all the benefits to which you are "entitled."
Old May 4, 2007, 1:05 am
Original Poster

We always clean after ourselves of course, leave it just the way we found it and even make the bed (not completely, but its at least neat).

All I did was answer honestly about why. But leisure trips with my family usually involve Conrad's and I spend my fair share.

I work, 70% of friends don't (about to graduate soon) and in all fairness, when we go out/vacation we aren't in our hotel room for very long. Cmon dont tel me yo've never done this with friends, its a great bonding experience...especially seated arond Embassy's conference room suite tables
Old May 4, 2007, 4:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Cmon dont tel me yo've never done this with friends, its a great bonding experience
Umm, yeah; done it. But, it was a multi-person tent that we paid for and we didn't get 8 showers for the price of 1.

I live in a glass house so I have to put my rocks down, but man...your house is balsa wood and clear plastic sheeting.
Old May 4, 2007, 3:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
Yep, I am silver though I am sorta perplexed at erenners response (though I must admit it is through. (sic)
In my response I tried to understand your question and stated my assumptions asking for clarification if any of my assumptions were wrong.

In your words you obtained Gold status via "...that whole credit card (citigroup chairman) code that everyone abused last year" and not through stays hence my statement that gold is a privilege that is earned through stays, nights or $$s and that for someone else to dilute the pool of potential benefits through a promotion that was not for them is unfair to all those who earn it the hard way.

To daveland I just dont see in the OP "It's May 2nd now and the website hasn't updated to show my Silver status. Perhaps that means I will remain Gold?" as can be seen by my assumptions. I read it as I was Gold, did not qualify for Gold but did for Silver, they have given me a fast track ... will i remain Gold until the end of the fast track if I do not fulfill the fast track requirements.

Guess I must be missing something

E

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.