Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Goodbye Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2008, 2:25 pm

Goodbye Diamond?

Hi I've had Diamond for several years now but alas due to business commitments looks like I will be going down to Gold for the sake of four stays.
I've always wondered this but never had to ask, my diamond card states expiry date 04/09 is this the the HHonours membership or the Diamond status, I figure it must be the former?
Old Mar 9, 2008, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's when your Diamon expires, so you have it for another year.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Your Diamond status. However, I would verify status online or with the Diamond Desk.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
That's when your Diamon expires, so you have it for another year.

He could sleep another 60 nights in Hilton hotels in order to have the diamond status for one more year
Old Mar 10, 2008, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Didi
He could sleep another 60 nights in Hilton hotels in order to have the diamond status for one more year
Well you learn something every day, many thanks for your help guys!!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you haven't qualified for Diamond by 4/09, you will drop to whatever level you have qualified for. In your case probably Gold.

However, the rolling tier can be played to your advantage by spreading the stays/nights over the appropriate time period you might be able to make it.

Failing that, they usually offer you a challenge (like 7 stays in 90 days) and they will re-instate your Diamond status for another year.

They don't really want you to go away, but a caveat -- if your account has no activity for a year, they will[ wipe out your account. A word to the wise.
Old May 1, 2008, 8:02 am

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Bye Bye Hilton Diamond

Today is the day that my diamond status has officially expired with Hilton. No soft landing - Hilton already sent me a silver card. I pretty much completely stopped staying with Hilton properties last summer after I tired of being excluded from promotions and other chains simply provided better benefits and service.

With my new silver card came an invite to stay 7 times before the end of July to regain Diamond status through June 2009. I have not yet decided on whether I will take Hilton up on the offer - a lot will depend on whether Hilton reverses course and starts offering competitive promotions to this newly minted lowly silver member.

Bye Bye diamond (at least for a while).

SG
Old May 1, 2008, 8:36 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
I hear you. I've got one more year left as a HHonors Diamond. I've already dropped my stays for this year from 30 to 16 - just enough to maintain gold. I see no particular reason to maintain Diamond status at this time... aside from the 25% points bonus.

Though if you can manage the 7 stays, Diamond may be easier to get than Gold for you.
Old May 1, 2008, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Today is the day that my diamond status has officially expired with Hilton. No soft landing - Hilton already sent me a silver card. I pretty much completely stopped staying with Hilton properties last summer after I tired of being excluded from promotions and other chains simply provided better benefits and service.

With my new silver card came an invite to stay 7 times before the end of July to regain Diamond status through June 2009. I have not yet decided on whether I will take Hilton up on the offer - a lot will depend on whether Hilton reverses course and starts offering competitive promotions to this newly minted lowly silver member.

Bye Bye diamond (at least for a while).

SG

Old May 1, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
If it were me, I would do the 7 stays in 3 months and renew my diamond status. That's a fairly easy hurdle.
Old May 1, 2008, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL PM/CRC, UA*G, HH Diamond, AFirst
the highest levels are earned for a reason.
Old May 1, 2008, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Yeah I dropped to Gold today. Got the 7 stay/15 night fast track offer.

If I have 2 rooms on the same night at the same hotel, would I get credit for 2 nights (and 1 stay)? I haven't had this scenario before and perused through the T&C today on Hilton but wasn't sure if I actually found the answer.
Old May 1, 2008, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Jeeves
If it were me, I would do the 7 stays in 3 months and renew my diamond status. That's a fairly easy hurdle.
I agree it would be an easy hurdle. I just need to determine if it is worth it or not, relative to the benefit of putting those stays towards other programs.

Originally Posted by iris30
If I have 2 rooms on the same night at the same hotel, would I get credit for 2 nights (and 1 stay)? I haven't had this scenario before and perused through the T&C today on Hilton but wasn't sure if I actually found the answer.
The answer is no, it will not count for additional nights or stays. However, you should get points for both assuming both reservations are paid by you and are in your name.

SG
Old May 1, 2008, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With you there. Dropped to Gold thanks to Amex HH $20K spending. No new card or fast track offer so far. I may actually go for this (assuming I get it) - other chains don't have too many quality promos right now.
Old May 1, 2008, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Today is the day that my diamond status has officially expired with Hilton. No soft landing - Hilton already sent me a silver card.
I am staggered that HHonors has no soft landing. I was always downgraded just one notch from top level with Marriott, Starwood and Hyatt. But then again--we all know which one program came away with zero Freddies last month....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.