Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Long-Term Extended Stays: Rates, Benefits, Information, Questions and Suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long-Term Extended Stays: Rates, Benefits, Information, Questions and Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
extended stays

I know I've seen a thread on this before but failed to find it. HHonors states that it doesn't give credit for stays over 30 nights. Do they usually adhere to this policy. Unfortunatly, I have been stuck in a Hilton property for 50 nights (and possibly more!) and I want the credit for staying here. Other properties I've stayed at for more then 30 nights have been no problem with getting credit. What are your experiences with this?
Old Nov 6, 2008, 6:42 pm

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Are you staying on a special negotiated rate? And, have you already stayed 30+ consecutive nights? Though not that original I would just suggest that you switch to another hotel for one night and then begin another <30 stay with Hilton. I cannot think of any place in the world that only comes with a Hilton property so this should not be a problem. Even if you have already 30+ nigths it may well be worth to consider so that you at least get the points for the remaining nights, must be loads of them, unless you are an IMF-economist enjoying an extended stay at the Hilton Reykjavik Nordica Hotel on Iceland...
Old Nov 6, 2008, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by ErasmusEBS
unless you are an IMF-economist enjoying an extended stay at the Hilton Reykjavik Nordica Hotel on Iceland...

And there could be quite a few of those these days....

Even if there is really only one hotel, check out, book one night in without your HH # (in someone else's name would even be better), and then check in again. Just be sure not to charge any big meals to your room during the night you are technically not an HH guest.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 7:21 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
But don't forget that in most places if you stay more than 30 days, the community considers you a resident and you do not have to pay taxes. That savings might be worth not getting points.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by zsmith2
I know I've seen a thread on this before but failed to find it. HHonors states that it doesn't give credit for stays over 30 nights. Do they usually adhere to this policy. ...
Where is this 30 night limitation noted? I would appreciate it being pointed out.

I have looked at the T&C's but can't find it mentioned.

There is a limit of 100,000 Base points during one stay for the majority of hotels, but that's the only such limit I can find.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 5:18 pm

Hilton Corporate Housing/Long Term Stay - Help?

Has anyone ever tried long term corporate housing by Hilton (Homewood Suites)?

Any help with possible promotions/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

thanks
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Not sure what you mean by promotions. If you will be staying at one Homewood Suites for an extended time the best thing to do is talk directly with the hotel

If you will be flying in every week and don't need it on weekends, they will most likely hold luggage for you every week.

If you need it 24/7 then after a certain number of days (over 30 continuously) some of the taxes go away in most states.

If it is in a tourist area and off-season you might can negotiate better long-term rates.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
I have been staying in a Homewood Suites for the last month. I like them very much. They actually serve (at least the one I am using) an edible evening meal Mon-Thu and a good breakfast every day. The rooms are large and well appointed. Full kitchen, but no oven, just a microwave and a stove top. No complaints at all.

If you can take advantage of the new 4th quarter bonus you can earn up to 75,000 bonus points for 12 stays (25K for 4) or double points. If you think you will go over $2500 in the room cost only, the double points would be best.

To roll up more stays, you can switch on weekends if you are staying over. I am lucky in my location as there are 4 Homewoods in the area.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Long Term Stays

Does anyone know if Hilton (mainly the Hampton Inn brand) offers discounts for a long term stay (around 30 days)?

Also, is there a directory somewhere that will tell me the email address to a particular property?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Every single hotel in the world will make a deal with you for a 30 day stay, irrespective of brand, you have to contact the hotel directly, generally there are e-mail addresses available either on the HH website that you could use, if not google is normally a good bet.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 5:12 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It may also depend on where they are located, in some areas, stays over 30 days are not allowed with a hotel license, you are not a guest of the hotel but a resident after that and all kinds of different rules kick in. You will also want to check the tax code where you are staying if you do stay over 30 days, in some states the hotel occupancy tax goes away after 30 days, so make sure they only charge you that the first 30.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 1:06 pm

I've called around and I've gotten a few deals, but they still seem rather high. The best I've gotten so far is $59/night. Does anyone think I could push that lower at all? (DFW area)

Thanks again for the help!

-LV
Old Oct 16, 2009, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So less than $1800 a month? You realize that for the properties many of us stay in,that would be consumed in less than a week, right?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
So less than $1800 a month? You realize that for the properties many of us stay in,that would be consumed in less than a week, right?
It's been a few years since I traveled. Also some of the places I called gave me a quote higher then what the website indicated.

I never negotiated a long-term rate before, and just wasn't wondering what to expect.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 4:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LV702
I've called around and I've gotten a few deals, but they still seem rather high. The best I've gotten so far is $59/night. Does anyone think I could push that lower at all? (DFW area)

Thanks again for the help!

-LV
$59/night was the best I could negotiate in the DFW area as well (Marriott properties). I consider that to be a great rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.