Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Long-Term Extended Stays: Rates, Benefits, Information, Questions and Suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long-Term Extended Stays: Rates, Benefits, Information, Questions and Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 12:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
There are plenty of choices in the area. I'd call a few hotels directly and see what king of long term rate you can negotiate. You'll do better than bokking on the website.

One thing to keep in mind; if your stay goes over a month you will get the taxes refunded when you check out.
Old May 22, 2006, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And also ...

I believe there is still a 100,000 point/stay limit, so if you'll be there long enough to approach that, you'll have to work something out with the manager. It may be as simple as booking a night in someone else's name and never moving at all.
Old May 22, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: hilton diamond, hyatt platimum,best western diamond elite
Originally Posted by BigLar
I believe there is still a 100,000 point/stay limit, so if you'll be there long enough to approach that, you'll have to work something out with the manager. It may be as simple as booking a night in someone else's name and never moving at all.
thanks guys....that helps!
Old May 22, 2006, 4:47 pm
Community Director Emerita

Will your mother be at the UCSD hospital in north Hillcrest? I'm trying to visualize what Hilton property is close by without great success; perhaps in Mission Valley?

Here is a map of the location where I am assuming she will be. If this is correct, you can put that address in on the Hilton website to see what properties are close. I find 3 in Mission Valley.
  • Doubletree Club San Diego
  • Hilton San Diego Mission Valley
  • Doubletree Hotel San Diego-Mission Valley

Is your mother going to rent a car, or use taxis to the hospital? She'll need to do a bit of complicated freeway driving to get to those properties. You'll want to think about whether your mother will be comfortable with that.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 22, 2006 at 5:08 pm
Old May 22, 2006, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, KLM Gold, HHilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle
Embassy Suites La Jolla

I just finished a 2 week stay at the Embassy Suites La Jolla at UTC and enjoyed the stay. The fact that there is a full breakfast every morning and free laundry facilities really made the stay more bearable. There is good access to the 805 and the 5 is also quite close. Plus the UTC(University Town Center) shopping center is right across the road when there is the need/desire to kill some time.

My $0.02.

NGO-NWA
Old May 22, 2006, 11:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
UCSD has another hospital near the campus off Gennessee called, Thornton. Your best bet for this property would be the Homewood Suites in Carmel Valley, especially for a long term stay.Homewood Suites .
Old May 23, 2006, 8:00 am

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
My vote goes for the Hilton San Diego Resort - Mission Bay. The beachside location is beautiful, with a boardwalk, watersports, excellent fittness center and eacsy access to I5, I8 and Pacific Hwy.
Old May 23, 2006, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by mazzer
My vote goes for the Hilton San Diego Resort - Mission Bay. The beachside location is beautiful, with a boardwalk, watersports, excellent fittness center and eacsy access to I5, I8 and Pacific Hwy.

looks like ucsd has not accepted her as a pt (will give it one more shot next wk)

appreciate all the help guys...will know more next wk (mother is on a respirator so transfer issues etc)

thanks anyway!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 9:53 pm

well guys...after a lot of begging, they are going to evaluate her after all.

thanks to everyone who replied....since my father is 80 years old and will be staying by himself, i am probably going to pick the doubletree that's about 0.5 miles away....AARP rate was about $130...(we won't be knowing if we are staying long term until they decide whether or not to do surgery....i hope
they do it for her sake!)

if anyone knows of a better rate, let me know..thanks again!

Last edited by alfaman; Jun 1, 2006 at 9:57 pm Reason: need to change message
Old Jun 9, 2006, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
No long-term stays at Hampton Inn?

I have been looking at doing a long-term stay in LA and was considering a Hamtpon Inn, but after talking with the staff at both the LAX Hampton Inn and the Carson/Torrance property, they told me that Hampton is no longer doing extended stays (a recent policy change) and that its a night-by-night basis. I was just curious if others had experienced this too or if it is a localized, property decision.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
I seriously doubt that Hilton has mandated such a policy. Each franchise is indivdually owned and operated. I am sure that they would take you on an extended stay basis, but just won't offer a discount. Maybe the business is strong enough at those two hotels that they can afford not to offer an extended stay reduced price.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:56 pm

I have been staying continously at a HI for the past year. Management had no problems giving me the best rate (they let me see everyone else's rate) and of course I'm in tax exempt status.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum, Hertz PC
Long term stay

I just accepted a job out of state and since I have no idea what part of town I want to live on I'm thinking of a long term stay at one of the Homewood Suites in town. I've looked at the Hilton website and the rates are not bad, but I was wondering if you all thought I could do better if I called up the Sales Manager, or would it be even better to show up in person?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Originally Posted by travellinggal040361
I just accepted a job out of state and since I have no idea what part of town I want to live on I'm thinking of a long term stay at one of the Homewood Suites in town. I've looked at the Hilton website and the rates are not bad, but I was wondering if you all thought I could do better if I called up the Sales Manager, or would it be even better to show up in person?
Call the Sales manager at the location and tell them how long you plan on keeping the room, most of the time they'll work something out. If not, call a local Residence Inn and get a price from them, then go back to the Sales Manager and ask them to match the price.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 2:29 pm

Extended Stay

I will be traveling to Carmel, Indiana in about two weeks. It'll be a stay of six weeks. I have to decide in one week where I want to stay. There's a Homewood but it is extremely decrepit and terrible. The Hilton Garden Inn there looks nice and is only 3 yrs old. Anyone ever been there or can recommend another Hilton Carmel, Indiana property???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.