Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Stays versus Nights: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stays versus Nights: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2003, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
HHonors nights and stays...what is the difference?

What is the difference between night and stays?

Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2003, 11:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Motion122:
</font>
A stay is just that - the totality of the time at the hotel from check-in to check-out.

Nights reflect the length of the stay - that is, if you check in on a Friday, and stay until Sunday, your stay is two nights long.

Mike
Old Dec 15, 2003, 5:22 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Motion122:

Thanks
</font>
Therefore, depending on your travel patterns, you may hit diamond based on 4 stays, each of them for 15 nights, for a total of 60 nights, or have 28 one night stays and reach the same level!
Old Dec 15, 2003, 7:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Which is why, if you're looking to requalify and have to spend two days somewhere, you look for a Homewood Suites and an HGI across the street from each other.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 9:12 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
And for those who haven't been paying attention, multiple consecutive one-night stays at the same hotel do not count as multiple stays. You need to sleep elsewhere at least one night in between stays at the same hotel.

[This message has been edited by pdhenry (edited Dec 15, 2003).]
Old Dec 15, 2003, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Super Larry:
Therefore, depending on your travel patterns, you may hit diamond based on 4 stays, each of them for 15 nights, for a total of 60 nights, or have 28 one night stays and reach the same level!</font>
So I could requalify for Gold for 16 night stays as long as they are not consecutive?
Old Dec 15, 2003, 7:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
yes or even earlier if you participate in one of the many Gold earning opportunities that seem to be out there associated with different airlines, promos etc.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 7:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BlondeBomber:
yes or even earlier if you participate in one of the many Gold earning opportunities that seem to be out there associated with different airlines, promos etc.</font>
Not worried about this year, perhaps for 2005 "Gold".
Old Dec 15, 2003, 7:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Not worried about this year, perhaps for 2005 "Gold". </font>
See this discussion, particularly my happy results on page two

Old Aug 1, 2004, 5:20 pm

Programs: CO Gold; Hilton Gold; PC/Ambassador Gold
Definition of a stay?

I have been comparing hotel programs, searched the Hilton threads, and even the Hilton site, but I am not sure about the term "stay." If I check in and out of the same Hilton hotel for 4 days, is that 4 stays? In another hotel program that would still be one stay. I was looking at this in terms of the double dipping with 500 airline miles per "stay." Thanks for any input.
Old Aug 1, 2004, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's considered ONE stay if you check out/in on consecutive days.
Old Aug 1, 2004, 5:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to FT detouring

There are many examples here (search this forum) where folk switch hotels each night to increase the stay credits. A number of locations have Hilton family hotels next door or very close to others.
Old Aug 1, 2004, 6:59 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
They spell it out in their terms and conditions to eliminate any confusion

3. A 'Stay' is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same participating hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.

Many of us here will move from hotel to hotel, there are some places where I go that the two Hiltons share a parking lot, I don't even have to move the car from night to night.
Old Aug 1, 2004, 7:05 pm

Programs: CO Gold; Hilton Gold; PC/Ambassador Gold
Hey, thanks everyone! This sounds do-able in New Orleans!
Ciao!
Old Aug 1, 2004, 8:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome, detouring! You'll find lots of great information here - even reviews, etc. The Search >> Advanced Search function is VERY powerful.

cordelli ash the definition of a Stay exactly right - directly from HH! If you want to see what some people do about that for stays, search for the term "mattress run" - that's what we call hotel hopping in one community. Mind you somtetimes it's just conveneince - arrive late at ORD, ORD Hilton one night, relocate to downtown ES two nights, overnight ORD Hilton again and leave early... three stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.