FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Interactive Hilton Hotel Maps (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/659295-interactive-hilton-hotel-maps.html)

thereuare Feb 12, 2007 12:55 am

Interactive Hilton Hotel Maps

After receiving positive feedback from the Starwood maps (see this FT Thread) i have just released a similar page with Hilton Interactive Maps

How it works:
1) Enter all or part of any US or Canadian address in the text box and select a radius to search by. Click GO.
2) A map will then appear centered on your location, and all Hilton branded hotels within the radius you selected will be shown on the map
3) Put your cursor over a hotel marker to see the name of the hotel. Click a hotel marker on the map to see additional information about the hotel and for a link to check availability

This is an extension of the BetterChecker website which helps users search hotel rates across multiple brands, so this seemed like a natural fit for users who were specifically interested in just the Hilton brand of properties.

Any feedback is welcomed and if anyone has a suggestion, finds a problem, mistake, missing hotel, etc, please let us know.

omegadeal Feb 12, 2007 1:53 am

"Bookmarked" Thanks!

cblaisd Feb 12, 2007 2:20 am

Extremely cool! Nicely done.

(The Hilton Reno, though, is no longer a Hilton)

BostonJim Feb 12, 2007 5:12 am

Love it.
Thanks a lot
Jim

sallyerd Feb 12, 2007 6:25 am

Originally Posted by thereuare (Post 7206339)
After receiving positive feedback from the Starwood maps (see this FT Thread) i have just released a similar page with Hilton Interactive Maps

How it works:
1) Enter all or part of any US or Canadian address in the text box and select a radius to search by. Click GO.
2) A map will then appear centered on your location, and all Hilton branded hotels within the radius you selected will be shown on the map
3) Put your cursor over a hotel marker to see the name of the hotel. Click a hotel marker on the map to see additional information about the hotel and for a link to check availability

This is an extension of the BetterChecker website which helps users search hotel rates across multiple brands, so this seemed like a natural fit for users who were specifically interested in just the Hilton brand of properties.

Any feedback is welcomed and if anyone has a suggestion, finds a problem, mistake, missing hotel, etc, please let us know.

sallyerd Feb 12, 2007 6:32 am

Originally Posted by thereuare (Post 7206339)
After receiving positive feedback... i have just released a similar page with Hilton Interactive Maps

How it works:
3) Put your cursor over a hotel marker to see the name of the hotel. Click a hotel marker on the map to see additional information about the hotel and for a link to check availability...
... so this seemed like a natural fit for users who were specifically interested in just the Hilton brand of properties.

I am a comparative newbie and FlyerTalk ignorant to be sure. But, Moderators, can this thread become a sticky? Wow! I just used the links and found (3) Hiltons that had previously been unknown to me in an area I frequent. The Hilton website is so cubersome. Sigh... Thank you muchly, OP, you rock muchly. ^

MisterNice Feb 12, 2007 7:24 am

nice

Thanks hereuare for a nice easy way to view the HH props. You should contact the HH gurus, offer it to them and perhaps gets a few million HH points for your efforts.

MisterNice

Xyzzy Feb 12, 2007 9:45 am

Wow -- that is great!

omegadeal Feb 12, 2007 11:11 pm

Just an observation - the geocoding for the Biltmore is off and showing about 25 miles north of where it actually is.

Canarsie Feb 13, 2007 12:13 am

Originally Posted by sallyerd (Post 7206946)
I am a comparative newbie and FlyerTalk ignorant to be sure. But, Moderators, can this thread become a sticky? Wow!

A link to this thread is now included in the “sticky” thread.

Thank you for this useful tool, thereuare!

Kiwi Flyer Feb 13, 2007 12:21 pm

Cool thanks thereuare ^^

firstflyer Feb 13, 2007 4:17 pm

Cool.

thereuare Feb 14, 2007 6:07 am

The Hilton Reno, though, is no longer a Hilton
Removed... thanks.

the Biltmore is off and showing about 25 miles north of where it actually is
Fixed... if still not accurate please let me know.

A link to this thread is now included in the “sticky” thread
Glad to see it has been helpful and so well received. Please continue to report suggestions and/or any issues you have.

thereuare Apr 16, 2007 6:37 am

For anyone who uses other programs, we have just released this same tool for Marriott hotels:

Marriott Interactive Maps

... and Starwood Maps are still avaialble as well.