Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn NY-JFK {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Spent one night due to flight cancellation. Found it to be pretty standard Hampton with the exception the room was very quiet even next to the elevator and ice machine. Shuttle on the 1/2 hour. Interestingly, their distressed rate is the same as the rack rate for my night. I was given the explanation that sometimes the rate goes up and then they can give a discount.

While $185 (or 40,000 points) is spendy for a Hampton, it was a decent choice given the last minute need.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I've stayed at this property twice and both times received spacious corner rooms on the 11th or 12th floors. The shuttle situation is what it is for JFK hotels. Besides that, I found this to be a perfectly fine HI property.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Any recent updates on this property. How is it compared to the Hilton JFK which is right next door? Rates are around the same during the dates I'm looking in October. Would prefer a nice 24 hour gym. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:37 pm
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
Any updates? I'm staying here next week. Is it possible to walk to this hotel? Seems close to the AirTrain Rental Car stop.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
no updates here for a while....staying here for a night next month....my flight gets into jfk around 10pm & i leave the next morning at 11am....
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:14 am

Thinking of staying here (mid-March) as well. What time does the shuttle runs till and also starts in the morning?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
no updates here for a while....staying here for a night next month....my flight gets into jfk around 10pm & i leave the next morning at 11am....
i ended up staying at the sheraton last time....but next month again i have to overnight in jfk & am looking at this property for 30k points a night....the sheraton is not available on points & is running at over $250 for the night i'm looking to book....

any recent stays????
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I stayed one night in the Fall (usually stay over at the Hilton which it is attached to, but there was a big rate discrepancy that one night). It was fine for an airport Hilton. Since the hotel is attached via a hallway to the Hilton, you have access to a bar and hotel restaurant which is not the case at a typical Hampton.
Old May 24, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here one night over the weekend. Rooms are fine and breakfast not bad. Waited 1.5 hours for the shuttle at Federal Circle while watching other hotel shuttles come and go multiple times.
D3Kingg likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
I stayed here once and am staying again in the fall. It’s fine for one night if flying out of JFK. There are some gross motels in queens so in comparison this is much better. The Hilton down the road has better quality beds and faster shuttle but for $50 more this Hampton Inn is fine.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Stayed here one night over the weekend. Rooms are fine and breakfast not bad. Waited 1.5 hours for the shuttle at Federal Circle while watching other hotel shuttles come and go multiple times.
did you call the hotel for the shuttle ? I called for the shuttle and they came 10-15 minutes later.
Old May 24, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
A friend of a friend stayed here recently and said it was "not awful" (I damn you with faint praise)
Old May 25, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
did you call the hotel for the shuttle ? I called for the shuttle and they came 10-15 minutes later.
Yes but no one answered. The Courtyard and Hilton are either side of the Hampton Inn so you could in theory take their shuttle and walk across.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 6:14 pm

Any recent update ? Does this property have a restaurant/bar onsite ?
Old Oct 30, 2023, 8:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Any recent update ? Does this property have a restaurant/bar onsite ?
According to the site - https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/nyc...ampton-ny-jfk/ - there is 1

I have a stay here in 6 months - if anyone has any recent experiences and can post - that would be great

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.