Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Old May 20, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cjd
Just tried ringing the hotel and this number works:
Thanks that did work. I think I missed out a zero. First I hit option one and spoke with reservations and was told no problem I can book a executive room for you that will fit a rollaway bed. So I hung up and called back, this time spoke with the front desk, who told me "sorry only our queen rooms fit a rollaway bed". So who knows lol.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:34 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Dax1956
Thanks that did work. I think I missed out a zero. First I hit option one and spoke with reservations and was told no problem I can book a executive room for you that will fit a rollaway bed. So I hung up and called back, this time spoke with the front desk, who told me "sorry only our queen rooms fit a rollaway bed". So who knows lol.
Think they're basing that on the fact that a queen bed is 5ft wide and a king bed 6 ft wide. It'll certainly be tight to fit a roll away bed in a standard room, even with a queen bed.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
Originally Posted by cjd
Yes, but there's room for a roll away bed in the lounge area. The lounge area has a sofa, but I'm not sure if it's a sofa bed.
Originally Posted by LassiJ
I studied the sofa in my Junior Suite last time and came into the conclusion that it's not a sofa bed. Also the lounge area wasn't very large so with a rollaway bed there won't be too much space to open the minibar nor the cabinets in the room depending on where the lounge area table is put away. Though in the current layout the sofa takes much space from the one corner of the lounge. Moving the sofa to block half of the door to the bedroom would free up space for the rollaway bed. In any case due to the space limitations I understand why the hotel might not want to promote the rollaway bed option for families.
The bedroom in the Junior Suite isn't much larger than the bed + less than one meter of space on each side.
Just an update from my previous stay which was great again with a wonderful staff. This time (unfortunately) visited the spa which was a disappointment. It would need a thorough cleanup and probably even a full refurbishment.

Checked that last time I had the Jr Suite 579 so the previous comments apply to that room. This time I had the Jr Suite 279 which had totally different layout compared to the previous one though having the same size and shape. The sofa wasn't a sofa bed in that room either but the room itself was much more spacious overall as the space was used better and the sofa was in other side of the room instead of the corner. The cabinets in the room also opened to the hallway instead of the lounge. The bathroom had a tub and a bit smaller walk in shower instead of only a large walk in shower.
The only downside is that due to the low floor of the room and view to the atrium it feels that you are almost sitting with the people in the restaurant one floor down from the windows if you keep the curtains open. But still I would choose 279 any time over 579.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
The reservations personnel from this property seems really awful in dealing with e-mails.
I wrote them regarding the queen room fro a day stay and the fact the website advertised it for three people but the booking engine doesn't take it into consideration (no results if you search for three people, queen room available if you search for two) and I had an answer after 4 days and a second e-mail. When I replied to confirm the room, again no answer for three days until I sent another e-mail on the subject.
If it wasn't for the pool (kids would prefer to pass the time there than in the room) I would have already booked at another Hilton in the area.

By the way, does anyone know if they request the use of swim caps for the pool?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:43 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Lefly
By the way, does anyone know if they request the use of swim caps for the pool?
I didn't wear a swim cap the last time I used the pool. Not aware of any UK Hiltons which require you to wear swim caps in their pools.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Arrival T5 Next day Departure T3

I will be arriving on BA at T5. Next day departure on AA from T3.

This Hilton being located in T4, here begs the question. Is this a convenient hotel to stay (in terms of transportation, walking wise)?

TIA
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I will be arriving on BA at T5. Next day departure on AA from T3.

This Hilton being located in T4, here begs the question. Is this a convenient hotel to stay (in terms of transportation, walking wise
Your situation might raise the question but it's been discussed and answered many times here; you might want to search for previous discussion for more details on the various options. I routinely stay at the T4 Hilton when flying into T3 and out of T5 or vice versa. Some prefer to stay elsewhere. For those who stay at the T4 Hilton in similar situations, some prefer to take city buses or Uber or taxis or minicabs, or if flying without checked bags, airside transfer busses. I almost always use the free groundside transfer trains. Between T3 and T4 it is one train. Between T5 and T4 it is two trains, changing at T3/central. The T4 Hilton is connected to T4 by a walkway (shared with several other hotels now).
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Best thing about the T4 Hilton is the buggy to/from
the terminal. Many laughs to be had, especially if the driver crashes it (*no damage incurred).
wizla and MoodyB like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:04 am

Is there a executive floor, or are all the executive rooms on every floor? Just got a welcome email asking my room preference. Never stayed before, so have no idea. Thanks everyone.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:35 am

Is there a executive floor, or are all the executive rooms on every floor? Just got a welcome email asking my room preference. Never stayed before, so have no idea. Thanks everyone.
I seem to recall the upper floors being designated as exec, but it's sort of moot since the EL is on the ground level. What is the email asking your preference in regards to?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
I seem to recall the upper floors being designated as exec, but it's sort of moot since the EL is on the ground level. What is the email asking your preference in regards to?
I inner or outer facing room. That confused me.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:45 am

There is a very large atrium which houses the reception area, bar, restaurants.

Some rooms have windows which look down onto this area.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I thought you decided to stay elsewhere and canceled your reservation?
But as noted by other, inner/outer refers to rooms facing the interior or the exterior.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold

executive rooms 4th floor. Not that it makes and difference all rooms same size etc. I always ask for room on top floor 5. Lounge is ground floor.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by gav0106

executive rooms 4th floor. Not that it makes and difference all rooms same size etc. I always ask for room on top floor 5. Lounge is ground floor.
Thanks, we have a king executive room. So I suppose all my options will be on the fourth floor when checking in? We choose this hotel in the end because of the pool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.