Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Old May 9, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Has anyone stayed here and needed a rollaway bed? I have a stay here two adults and a three-year old. I emailed the hotel and the reply was " to book a standard queen room and they would provide a crib" . Do you think it will be a problem for a diamond member?
Thank you all very much.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The food and drink offerings in the evening have not changed. A few wine and beer choices and several spirits. In addition, during several of my recent stays, there has been a specialty cocktail available. Two hot choices that vary and the various other cold choices and cheese board.

Morning breakfast is also unchanged.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Dax1956
Has anyone stayed here and needed a rollaway bed? I have a stay here two adults and a three-year old. I emailed the hotel and the reply was " to book a standard queen room and they would provide a crib" . Do you think it will be a problem for a diamond member?
Thank you all very much.
I'm not sure what you are asking. How many beds do you want? Most rooms are pretty small; I'm not sure a roll-away bed would fit. You can get a room with two beds or a room with one larger bed. You might want to email back to clarify if you are requesting a roll-away bed rather than a crib and see if they can accommodate that.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:09 am
cjd

Thank you all very much.
Have stayed here many times and the standard rooms are very small. As anabolism states, very little room room for a rollaway bed. Might just fit a crib. Best option would be to book a junior suite to be certain. However, as Diamond, we have been upgraded to suites on several occasions, but certainly not guaranteed.
Old May 10, 2019, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by cjd
Have stayed here many times and the standard rooms are very small. As anabolism states, very little room room for a rollaway bed. Might just fit a crib. Best option would be to book a junior suite to be certain. However, as Diamond, we have been upgraded to suites on several occasions, but certainly not guaranteed.
I think even the junior suits says "sleeps Two"
Old May 10, 2019, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I had a full suite last time I was there and not sure what the difference was from a junior suite as I think they take 2 basic rooms and put them together into one.

There was a sofa in the suite (and I presume Junior suite) which may well house a bed or if you have a child could be used as a bed.

The regular rooms have zero space for a rollaway bed unless some are much larger than the ones I have had.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:54 am
cjd

I think even the junior suits says "sleeps Two"
Yes, but there's room for a roll away bed in the lounge area. The lounge area has a sofa, but I'm not sure if it's a sofa bed.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
Originally Posted by cjd
Yes, but there's room for a roll away bed in the lounge area. The lounge area has a sofa, but I'm not sure if it's a sofa bed.
I studied the sofa in my Junior Suite last time and came into the conclusion that it's not a sofa bed. Also the lounge area wasn't very large so with a rollaway bed there won't be too much space to open the minibar nor the cabinets in the room depending on where the lounge area table is put away. Though in the current layout the sofa takes much space from the one corner of the lounge. Moving the sofa to block half of the door to the bedroom would free up space for the rollaway bed. In any case due to the space limitations I understand why the hotel might not want to promote the rollaway bed option for families.
The bedroom in the Junior Suite isn't much larger than the bed + less than one meter of space on each side.
Old May 14, 2019, 2:47 am

I booked this hotel for one night, hoping the room will accommodate a rollaway bed for a three year old.
How I'm worried it was a mistake.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
I booked this hotel for one night, hoping the room will accommodate a rollaway bed for a three year old.
How I'm worried it was a mistake.

Hi Dax1956. Best I can offer, is email them, see if they can help with a solution: [email protected] No way you will fit a rollway bed in, but they may offer a family room, which is 2 connecting rooms at a good offer, no harm to email and ask
MoodyB likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by gav0106
Hi Dax1956. Best I can offer, is email them, see if they can help with a solution: [email protected] No way you will fit a rollway bed in, but they may offer a family room, which is 2 connecting rooms at a good offer, no harm to email and ask
Thanks, tried that. In fact emailed three times asking about rollaway beds and never got an answer. So I have cancelled my reservation.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Thanks, tried that. In fact emailed three times asking about rollaway beds and never got an answer. So I have cancelled my reservation.
I've had poor success getting them to reply to email, so I usually call instead (using Google Hangouts or Skype).
Old May 20, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
I've had poor success getting them to reply to email, so I usually call instead (using Google Hangouts or Skype).
Does anyone have a phone number? I will be calling from the west midlands. I tried the number on the hotel website but it didn't work.
I may be doing something wrong! Thanks.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:33 am
cjd

Does anyone have a phone number? I will be calling from the west midlands. I tried the number on the hotel website but it didn't work.
I may be doing something wrong! Thanks.
Just tried ringing the hotel and this number works:
Old May 20, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The rollaway fits fine in the Junior Suite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.