Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
I was surprised as well and did look in all the places I could think of but didn't find any...I did think about phoning and asking for some but I always carry a spare set with me when travelling so didn't bother (and I knew the next hotel where we were travelling to definitely had them so I'd be able to replace them). Thanks for mentioning it though.

Indeed!
Ha, same here....I always travel with my trusty robe and slippers ( both branded " Hilton London metropole " ) , I know sometimes at spa hotels I've been in the changing rooms and guys have looked over and thought " he's stole them " ........ nope, £50 from the shop in lobby.
Attached Images  
Abidjan and BotB like this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:19 am

Lounge Hours ?

Have an upcoming stay that has me arriving at hotel at appx. 8pm . I will have lounge access . What are the lounge hours ? Won’t be there in time for evening canapés and will be gone before breakfast but would like to access lounge for beverages . Is bottled water available ? Is the lounge accessible “after hours” for water , soda etc ?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Have an upcoming stay that has me arriving at hotel at appx. 8pm . I will have lounge access . What are the lounge hours ? Won’t be there in time for evening canapés and will be gone before breakfast but would like to access lounge for beverages . Is bottled water available ? Is the lounge accessible “after hours” for water , soda etc ?
I've been able to grab a few soft drinks and the like after the drinks/canape service is over. The reception ends at 20.30 I believe?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
The lounge has large bottles of both still and sparkling water available whenever it is open. Each bottle holds slightly over two tall lounge glasses. The hotel also supplies two smaller bottles of still water in the room, with sparkling or more still available on request. If you contact the hotel before your arrival, they will put extra bottles in your room so you wouldn't need to go down to the lounge.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:30 am
cjd

If I remember correctly, alcoholic drinks and food finish at 8.30pm, but lounge remains open until 10pm. You can get water, soft drinks and sodas until closing at 10pm.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have asked in the lounge to have some sparkling water for my room and been presented with the 750ml Hildon bottle without quibble.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Exec Lounge Hours (as of January 2019)

Open Daily - 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Continental Breakfast - Daily from 6 a.m.
Full English Breakfast - Daily from 6:30 a.m.
Breakfast ends at 10:30 a.m. (Monday to Friday); ends at 11 a.m. (Saturday and Sunday)

Soup of the Day with Fresh Bread - Daily from 12 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Afternoon Tea and Cakes - Daily from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Evening Canapes and Alcohol - Daily from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
wizla likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:11 am

Stayed here for one night, amazing treatment from all the staff. It was my birthday so they went to town; suite upgrade, champagne, petals, towel cake, cake, chocolates, drinks vouchers and free parking. Well done Heathrow!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by residentx
Stayed here for one night, amazing treatment from all the staff. It was my birthday so they went to town; suite upgrade, champagne, petals, towel cake, cake, chocolates, drinks vouchers and free parking. Well done Heathrow!
Nice!

I stay at this property quite often (the staff knows me) and have had stays on my birthday which was not acknowledged in any way. (I didn't expect any.)

Once, I was staying for a week at the Grand Hyatt Taipei that included my birthday. When I got back to my room on that day, there was a slice of birthday cake waiting for me.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Exec Lounge Hours (as of January 2019)

Open Daily - 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Continental Breakfast - Daily from 6 a.m.
Full English Breakfast - Daily from 6:30 a.m.
Breakfast ends at 10:30 a.m. (Monday to Friday); ends at 11 a.m. (Saturday and Sunday)

Soup of the Day with Fresh Bread - Daily from 12 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Afternoon Tea and Cakes - Daily from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Evening Canapes and Alcohol - Daily from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Thanks!

Landing at 19:20 terminal 5 - so I doubt we would make it.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:22 pm
cjd

Another good stay earlier this week, prior to our flight to the US. As a many stay Diamond at this hotel, we were upgraded to a Junior Suite on the 4th floor. Executive lounge access given and open for evening drinks and canapes from 6pm to 8.30pm. Surprisingly, drinks now include sparkling wine, Cava, which I have never seen on previous visits. Also, usual spirits, wines and beers available. Food included some delicious bbq ribs. Complimentary breakfast taken in the restaurant. As usual, staff all very helpful and friendly.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I'm here now. Checked in very early this morning (was not expecting the room to be ready) but after the normal diamond greetings the desk clerk found a room for me on the 4th floor and I was able to drop my bags and head out.

The lounge this evening is rather busy with every 3rd person coughing it seems. The alcohol and food selection is the same as noted by others earlier in this thread. Margaritas are also available for national margarita day. I am increasing the strength of my gin and slims to try to counteract the germs being distributed around the lounge by the people who do not cover their mouth when they cough. The quality of spirits and food is above that provided by the T5 Hllton in my opinion. This Hilton also has quite a bit more staff servicing the lounge who are quite proactive in clearing dishes and refilling drinks.

Overall, an excellent stay so far.

Edited to add:

Visited the gym in the early morning before my QR flight from T4. The workout area is open 24 hours even though the spa itself does not open until 6am. The usual Precor treadmills and ellipticals but what sets this gym apart from other LHR options are the addition of a few more weight machines and more free weights including a bar. At 0530, I was the only person there until another lonely soul rolled in at 0600.

Breakfast in the lounge was much more reserved and sparsely attended than the evening reception. Silverware and napkin were set at the tables and the usual English breakfast options were all available along with many other selections. I found everything quite tasty and the staff were quick to empty tables when someone left.

As I said earlier, an excellent stay and I still prefer this property to the T5 property. If you are going to take the Hoppa to the T5 property I think I would instead choose the free bus to and from T4 (buses 482 or 490).
Abidjan and wizla like this.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Feb 24, 2019 at 1:54 am Reason: Add additional info
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
What is the current alcohol / food offering in the lounge?

We were going to stay elsewhere, but given the lounge we now will stay here.

Went to extend our long stay parking from 8 to 9 days and it went from 79 to 117.50! I think we will pay the £20 here. As I suspect paying for parking here for 9 or 10 days will be dearer.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I don't remember the alcohol offering as I'd had a meeting before and enjoyed a few too many old fashioneds at the main bar and was really only popping into the lounge for a quick snack before heading to bed so I wasn't too worse for wear for my flight the next day so apologies for the lack of detail... What I do remember is that there was a reasonable but small and not exciting selection of misc warm snacks. I had a few spring rolls, for example.

I haven't tried the Crowne Plaza yet for comparison but giving it a shot sometime in the summer just because the 30% off IHG sale seemed like a good an opportunity as any but given the great experiences I've always had at the T4 Hilton (as far as airport hotels go) I'm not sure they'll win me over! The food is a solid 7/10 in the restaurant or bar (which is probably 8.5/10 for 'airport hotels'), the rooms are modern and clean. Always been pretty happy to stay here so you'll have a great stay just don't plan on having a full meal in the lounge unless you're really looking to just 'make a meal out of whatever' as it wasn't substantial stuff when I was there. But it was hot which beats some lounges...
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:29 am
cjd

Originally Posted by GentleGiant

We were going to stay elsewhere, but given the lounge we now will stay here.

Went to extend our long stay parking from 8 to 9 days and it went from 79 to 117.50! I think we will pay the £20 here. As I suspect paying for parking here for 9 or 10 days will be dearer.
Stayed again on our return from the US. Hot food on this occasion was choice of chicken skewers and spring rolls. Other cold food was a cheese board, cracker biscuits, vegetables and various dips. The hot food seems to vary each day. Alcohol was beers, red wine, white wine, a selection of spirits and the sparkling wine this time varied between cava and prosecco. Not sure how you are paying for parking, but on some of our previous visits, when we have travelled by car to Heathrow, we have managed to get a room rate which included car parking at a good discount to the normal £20 per day for hotel residents.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.