Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
I've heard this rule before from another London Hilton, the reason cited was security, but part of me thinks they just don't want the hassle of getting stuck with bags for days on end. In this instance the concierge actually called me back a short time later and said he'd decided he would make an exception as I was a HHDiamond, a frequent guest of that hotel, and it was Christmas (so presumably the hotel was quiet)
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:58 am

A rep at the HGI at LHR last month said, somewhat forcefully that I could only store by luggage till the end of that day.

I hadn't even asked or Intended to do so.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:27 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Can I save the walking and book a taxi from this Hilton to the Virgin Club entrance in Term 3 ?

What cost might I expect?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: DL, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Yes - house Mercedes/taxi available from Hotel to Terminal 3 for 15 pounds cash (20 credit card) and takes about 15 minutes. Other options are Hoppa bus, walk 8 min back to Term 4 and take train to Term 3. We chose the car option for convenience and were satisfied.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: DL, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Two recent stays as Gold. Upgraded from Basic to Deluxe room both times. Received Lounge access once and other time told the Lounge was overbooked. Breakfast as Gold in restaurant was very good with no bill presented. Service is solid. Rooms are updated, USB chargers on each bed night stand, complimentary newspapers.

Chose primarily for early Terminal 4 departure flight on way to Rome and late arrival to Terminal 4 on return. Very good decision on both fronts.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:19 am
cjd

Originally Posted by TravelATL
Two recent stays as Gold. Upgraded from Basic to Deluxe room both times. Received Lounge access once and other time told the Lounge was overbooked. Breakfast as Gold in restaurant was very good with no bill presented. Service is solid. Rooms are updated, USB chargers on each bed night stand, complimentary newspapers.

Chose primarily for early Terminal 4 departure flight on way to Rome and late arrival to Terminal 4 on return. Very good decision on both fronts.
Similar situation for us. Two recent stays prior to flying in and out of Terminal 4. As Diamond, on both occasions, upgraded to Executive rooms. Nice lounge as usual for pre-dinner drinks before going to one of our favourite Asian restaurants, Zen. As stated before rooms are quite small, but nicely furnished and well equipped. Due to late arrival back at hotel, they gave us drinks vouchers as the lounge was closed. Good breakfast each morning in the restaurant. Did notice that the new adjacent Premier Inn looks almost complete now and it appears they may be going to utilise part of the Hilton walkway tunnel for access to T4. Not sure but it looked like some work was going on about one third of the way along the tunnel, where they may be constructing a new access.
For our domsetic flights too and from T5, we caught the Heathrow Express, which gives free transfers between terminals.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Many thanks for the previous replies.

I have now booked this hotel and look forward to the stay and convenience

Probably covered elsewhere, but without a car we are interested in places to eat a pm meal. Obviously the hotel, but are there some other choices to select?

We're not keen for long walks
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo

Probably covered elsewhere, but without a car we are interested in places to eat a pm meal. Obviously the hotel, but are there some other choices to select?

Über or bust. There's nothing at all in walking distance, really.

There's a landside Costa Coffee in the terminal but that's pretty much it. You could take the train from T4 Underground as well, but you have to go a long way up the Piccadilly Line before you get to good restaurants, etc. near the station. To be honest that's the case with most hotels around Heathrow - the DoubleTree would be better but even then it's not the most salubrious neighborhood.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:10 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo

As stated by Cymro above, Heathrow Hilton T4 stands alone. There is also a french chain type restaurant landside in the terminal, Cafe Rouge, which is open to 10pm. Have eaten here in the past and service was quick and food quite good. Still would recommend Zen Oriental in the hotel, although certainly not cheap, but in my opinion, great food. Also, the Aromi Italian restaurant in the hotel serves evening meals.
EDIT: Apologies. Just checked website and it states Cafe Rouge in T4 is now closed.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Indeed - Zen, Aromi and Dancer's Bar are your options, outside of room service (or making a dinner of the Exec Lounge spread if you have access which is what I do).
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:06 pm
In memoriam

Many thanks again .... we'll try one of those hotel restaurants ^
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:04 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
It is an easy 15/20 minute cab ride to Windsor from T4 Hilton & there are a good number of decent restos/pubs/cafes for far more variety. Zen in the Hilton is excellent though.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:58 pm

Will be staying here before an early morning flight to AMS. Is there any access to a footpath to run outside, maybe heading into the residential area to the south (or abyegeee really). Doesn’t need to be pretty, just can’t stand treadmills.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Productivity
Will be staying here before an early morning flight to AMS. Is there any access to a footpath to run outside, maybe heading into the residential area to the south (or abyegeee really). Doesn’t need to be pretty, just can’t stand treadmills.
Out of all the uk Hilton's I can't think of one less suitable for a run.......there pretty much is nowhere, the roads around it have no side walks ( check google maps - street view ) ....... I like the to run myself but here the treadmill would be so much safer.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:30 am

Thanks I’ll make sure I get that days running in before transferring up there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.